UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wing Chun vs Boxing = folded lawnchair (vid)

10/14/13 10:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yomamafool
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dbulletproof - Video description:

The Ving Tsun guy claimed that he will punish me by his "Scientific Ving Tsun"
and show me the "right way" of fighting
He was also proud of winning the competition of Sanda as follow,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvjxH...
After all those trash talking and insult,I thought it is necessary for me to come out and drop him down like a bad habit.
The fight was in "Pride"rules with no time limit

I agree, the guy was clearly the superior athlete, and he was quite dickish with his nonchalant attitude to the fight, however it seems that WIng Chun dude thought he knew how magnets work, or something.

"Wing Chun dude thought he knew how magnets work, or something"

lol!!
10/14/13 11:38 AM
6ULDV8

They all do.  

God help them if they get in a real fight with someone that doesn't hold their hands in the right place, or grapples.

10/14/13 12:02 PM
6ULDV8

TTT

10/14/13 1:13 PM
6ULDV8

TTT

10/14/13 1:50 PM
jaytrainwreck
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IP man got handled there. Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 7:21 PM
Dbulletproof
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit,return of the living thread.
10/14/13 7:29 PM
DanTheWolfman

Here is the best application of WC I have found to be fair check it out
10/14/13 7:52 PM
jefft73
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krizogg -
Tyrone sBong - I don't think the boxer was being a dick at all. He just got the job done and shook the blokes hand afterwards. Phone Post
I agree, he was a little cocky but clearly he knew he had the fight. Have seen a helluva lot worst sportsmanship than that. Phone Post 3.0
That's kinda the way I saw it. I hate showboating, but who knows he might have been dropping his hands to bait dude into coming in. I didn't read the whole thread so if this has been answered just ignore this. Phone Post
10/14/13 8:03 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 10/15/13 1:07 AM

How was a he being a dick about it? Only in a dungeon master's world is a dick the guy that touches gloves 7-8 times, and voluntarily stops the action to allow his opponent to reposition and recover.

I think the TS has a black sash in Wing Chun.

10/14/13 10:44 PM
unfilter
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when i was in china i saw an argument in the street over a car accident.   dude dropped another dude with a single upside-down corkscrew wing chun punch to the gut.  this is while the cops are stretching out what appeared to be accident tape around the scene, which of course was immediately disregarded by the human flood of cars, rototiller, scooters and three wheeled bicycles.

to this day i still threaten people with the Chinese Traffic Punch.

10/14/13 11:40 PM
hubris
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/13 11:40 PM
unfilter - 

when i was in china i saw an argument in the street over a car accident.   dude dropped another dude with a single upside-down corkscrew wing chun punch to the gut.  this is while the cops are stretching out what appeared to be accident tape around the scene, which of course was immediately disregarded by the human flood of cars, rototiller, scooters and three wheeled bicycles.

to this day i still threaten people with the Chinese Traffic Punch.

lol

the dreaded one inch sucker punch
10/14/13 11:49 PM
Dbulletproof
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ausgepicht - you got me.

I've trained in the deadly art of WIng Chun for many life times and I'll die a Wing Chun man.

One thing though, get your facts straight, I'm a pink sash, and don't you forget it.

You disrespect my Wing Chun, you'll get FOOMED.

VTF...sideways.
10/15/13 4:55 PM
6ULDV8

FOOM FOOM FOOM!

10/15/13 5:58 PM
6ULDV8

Trop Tres Top

10/15/13 5:58 PM
6ULDV8

FOOM!

10/15/13 6:29 PM
TheyCallMeNaasty
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/15/13 7:15 PM
MMAFriedRice
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to see Wing Chun beat boxing then the only place to see that is Ip Man 2. Other than that, it ain't happening. Phone Post
10/15/13 9:24 PM
hubris
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/13 9:25 PM
MMAFriedRice - 

If you want to see Wing Chun beat boxing then the only place to see that is Ip Man 2. Other than that, it ain't happening. Phone Post

10/15/13 9:26 PM
hubris

Edited: 10/15/13 9:30 PM
here is Ip Man killing a bunch of Japanese...true story

FOOOM FOOM FOOM

10/15/13 10:05 PM
Dbulletproof

^how many lifetimes?
10/16/13 5:24 AM
Dbulletproof

FOOM! FOOM FOOM!

Can someone repost that FOOM! Video? I haven't seen it in ages.
10/16/13 6:50 AM
BumSpud
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did Wing Chun in the RAF. It wasn't a proper dojo or anything, just this corporal who had been posted in who was willing to teach anyone who wanted to learn. We did full contact sparring. We practiced how to throw a centreline punch as hard as fucking possible by twisting the hips and trying to knock our pad-holding buddy over. We spent entire classes on establishing and controlling range.

We did the Siu Lum Tao and plenty of drills in the horse stance. Apparently, the horse stance was only used to build up strength and balance in the legs as you are supposed to have all your weight on one leg. Makes it harder to avoid takedowns but gives you the advantage of being able to throw a swift body or leg kick without telegraphing.

The guy was a brilliant instructor but unfortunately he was posted again six months later. I did kickboxing and judo after that and I'm about to start BJJ, but there are definitely techniques I'll take with me. Really don't understand why we don't see it more in MMA in place of 'dirty boxing'.

The guy in the video clearly has no idea what the hell he's doing. First off, he's lunging in and trying to attack the boxer's head. If you have to go forward, you attack the arms, trying to catch one and work yourself into clinch range, although ideally you'd wait for the boxer to attack and close range on the counter. Half the shit on youtube just makes me shake my head.
10/16/13 7:00 AM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a full hour of (really short) fights where Wing Chun guys come off on the wrong end 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDuH0R73kg

I'm sure some guy invented Wing Chun to have a laugh and take the piss out of people

10/16/13 9:59 PM
hubris

10/17/13 2:52 AM
Ghengiseanie

BumSpud - I did Wing Chun in the RAF. It wasn't a proper dojo or anything, just this corporal who had been posted in who was willing to teach anyone who wanted to learn. We did full contact sparring. We practiced how to throw a centreline punch as hard as fucking possible by twisting the hips and trying to knock our pad-holding buddy over. We spent entire classes on establishing and controlling range.

We did the Siu Lum Tao and plenty of drills in the horse stance. Apparently, the horse stance was only used to build up strength and balance in the legs as you are supposed to have all your weight on one leg. Makes it harder to avoid takedowns but gives you the advantage of being able to throw a swift body or leg kick without telegraphing.

The guy was a brilliant instructor but unfortunately he was posted again six months later. I did kickboxing and judo after that and I'm about to start BJJ, but there are definitely techniques I'll take with me. Really don't understand why we don't see it more in MMA in place of 'dirty boxing'.

The guy in the video clearly has no idea what the hell he's doing. First off, he's lunging in and trying to attack the boxer's head. If you have to go forward, you attack the arms, trying to catch one and work yourself into clinch range, although ideally you'd wait for the boxer to attack and close range on the counter. Half the shit on youtube just makes me shake my head.
Exactly bro. And as an martial art it isn't designed to competes with many other martial arts. And in mixed martial arts there is a lot of WC that can be adapted and is useful. The trend is to hate on WC on this board though bro. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.