UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wing Chun vs Boxing = folded lawnchair (vid)

4/26/13 2:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RamK
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bored looking Boxer, soft soothing music, wearing cup on outside of pants...

What's going on here?
4/26/13 9:35 PM
Dbulletproof
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Cash, money, I love Hong Kong."

VU if you know the movie.
4/26/13 9:41 PM
grady
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that video is sick... the thing that makes ME LOL though is the fact that they are fighting to this song by Angela Zhang playing in the background.

maybe someone here can appreciate that.
4/26/13 9:52 PM
MTH
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On a whole, boxer are just going to be better punchers than anybody else.

Cuz, ya know, they do nothing but throw punches all the time, and spar against live resisting opponents who are likewise trying to punch them.

That makes for really good punchers.

Only in martial arts do people not get the reality of that one-to-one connection.

That said, I'm kind of surprised the WC guy didn't get knocked out. The boxer's boxing and punching power wasn't terribly impressive . . . though he honestly didn't look to be trying very hard. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 9:58 PM
MasterofMartialArts
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 10:02 PM
Dbulletproof
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grady - yes, I hear ya.

I train over here in HK and they always play shit like that at training, drives me nuts as you just can't get into the right mindset.

One time at an old gym I took in a shit load of music for them to put on. They played it one time, next time I was there it had changed back to some tune with a chorus of:
"boys boys boys"

I stopped training there after that.
4/26/13 10:08 PM
grady
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Dbulletproof, I can't imagine recovering in between sets/rolling listening to some cantopop. Actually I can, but ... yeah sorry.
4/26/13 10:23 PM
stevekt
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody wing chun tonight.
4/26/13 10:24 PM
Dbulletproof

Where's 6ULDV8? He has an awesome Wing Chun training story...
4/26/13 10:35 PM
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghengiseanie - Yes we'll the wing Chun guy was breaking all the rules. The science of wing Chun works so much better defensively. The way he was running in trying to hit a bigger guy with more reach was laughable. Phone Post 3.0
Ah ok.

He was just doing it wrong.

I got it now. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 10:46 PM
Eisenberg
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looked like someone who never fought in his life.
4/26/13 10:59 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/27/13 12:54 AM
BullyKiller
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

just looks like a big guy beating up on a small guy.

Pretty much. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 2:28 AM
Otsuka
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for 6ULDV8
4/27/13 2:35 AM
philodox
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/27/13 3:03 AM
MMFT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gay
4/27/13 3:09 AM
Ghengiseanie

BernardHopkins -
Ghengiseanie - Yes we'll the wing Chun guy was breaking all the rules. The science of wing Chun works so much better defensively. The way he was running in trying to hit a bigger guy with more reach was laughable. Phone Post 3.0

wing chun only works in a wing chun match

try to use it in the boxing ring, mma cage, STREET, local gym etc... and you will see this same result 99.99% of the time.
I've never had my ass handed to me. In 17 years with some time on the doors. Sure I had to adapt it when I started training MMA and its not as useful against a trained fighter. It's self defence techniques are valid and useful. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 3:10 AM
Ghengiseanie

Derick - China's shittiest boxer vs China's shittiest kung-fu guy.

If someone thinks that TMA will beat a real martial art, you have the responsibility to show them that it does not work.

The boxer let him off easily.
Lol all your martial arts are TMA. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 3:11 AM
Ghengiseanie

Dbulletproof - I see you are a wing chun guy Ghengis, if you were the guy in the video (fighting someone with considerable reach) what would be your tactics?

Also, he got nailed a couple of times with hooks, is it all just straight blast in WC?
It would be wait for an opportunity to slip or counter. Grapple and trip. Kicks to the knees. Bring him down to a level where a straight blast could be effective. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 3:13 AM
Ghengiseanie

tiger07 - Nice. Exactly what happens when a non-live art faces an alive one.
This is true. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 3:17 AM
Ghengiseanie

Ghengiseanie -
Dbulletproof - I see you are a wing chun guy Ghengis, if you were the guy in the video (fighting someone with considerable reach) what would be your tactics?

Also, he got nailed a couple of times with hooks, is it all just straight blast in WC?
It would be wait for an opportunity to slip or counter. Grapple and trip. Kicks to the knees. Bring him down to a level where a straight blast could be effective. Phone Post 3.0
The wing Chun counter to a hook is either a straight block, slip or to duck. This relies on you being more aware and quicker thn your opponent. The guy in the video had shit stance improper foot placement. Zero patience, Incorrect foot movement and was the aggressor. I would say he had maybe four lessons. And didn't pay attention in any. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 3:17 AM
Ghengiseanie

FinestScotch -
Ghengiseanie - 
BernardHopkins -
Ghengiseanie - Yes we'll the wing Chun guy was breaking all the rules. The science of wing Chun works so much better defensively. The way he was running in trying to hit a bigger guy with more reach was laughable. Phone Post 3.0

wing chun only works in a wing chun match

try to use it in the boxing ring, mma cage, STREET, local gym etc... and you will see this same result 99.99% of the time.
I've never had my ass handed to me. In 17 years with some time on the doors. Sure I had to adapt it when I started training MMA and its not as useful against a trained fighter. It's self defence techniques are valid and useful. Phone Post 3.0

So fucking up drunk dudes with Wing Chun is easy when (I'm assuming, since you got the job) you are at least bigger than them or minimum the same size as a door man.

Come on dude. I have a couple bouncer buddies with no training who have never lost to drunken morons.

I'm not a big guy 5, 10 at the time 11.5 stone. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 3:18 AM
Ghengiseanie

As opposed to five ten and 14 stone now :) Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 4:01 AM
Utah get me two

DID SOMEONE SAY SCIENTIFIC!?!?!

HAFTA
SAFTA
4/27/13 4:31 AM
daba

young athletic guy that was a lot bigger versus out of shape middle aged dude. pretty much what you would expect. the boxer should fight a muay thai guy next

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.