UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wing Chun vs Boxing = folded lawnchair (vid)

4/29/13 12:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, that was almost 11 years ago....

4/29/13 12:28 PM
Dbulletproof
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLY SHIYT!

DV8's got skillz.

Tell us about your traneing...
4/29/13 12:28 PM
Otsuka
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a new WC gym in Tsuen Wan called "Wing Chun Combat Chamber". I want to dojo storm that place whenever I go by there, just for naming it Wing Chun Combat Chamber. They better be ready for actual combat.
4/29/13 12:29 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadMon - 

That boxer is such a dick.  I would show up at his gym and use him as a ragdoll.  fuck him in the ass.  make him humble.

i'm a state wrestling champ.

I am your biggest fan.
4/29/13 12:38 PM
Dbulletproof
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Otsuka - There's a new WC gym in Tsuen Wan called "Wing Chun Combat Chamber". I want to dojo storm that place whenever I go by there, just for naming it Wing Chun Combat Chamber. They better be ready for actual combat.

If they have 36 Chambers I'm not storming it.
4/29/13 1:15 PM
6ULDV8
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AbbottMary - 
BadMon - 

That boxer is such a dick.  I would show up at his gym and use him as a ragdoll.  fuck him in the ass.  make him humble.

I am your biggest fan.

Whenever someone makes me really mad the first thing I think is

'I want to fuck him in the ass and make him humble.'

If I'm really mad I want to do it haaaaard, just so he knows I fucked him in the ass like a boss.

4/29/13 1:17 PM
6ULDV8

Dbulletproof - HOLY SHIYT!

DV8's got skillz.

Tell us about your traneing...

I did a lot of punching at mirrors, siu lim tau (like kata I guess), sticky hand with the boys and a weird squatting pose that would be the world's most ridiculous thing to use in a real fight it's not even funny.

We did a lot of Tsee Sau - sticky hand - where I had to be careful to use absolutely no strength or the other dude complained I was cheating.

It was a trip man.  The punching at mirrors was good for your shoulders though.  Made them buffed.

4/29/13 1:22 PM
6ULDV8

Otsuka - There's a new WC gym in Tsuen Wan called "Wing Chun Combat Chamber". I want to dojo storm that place whenever I go by there, just for naming it Wing Chun Combat Chamber. They better be ready for actual combat.

I spend half my time in Tsuen Wan these days.  

Where is it?

4/29/13 1:27 PM
andre
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem with Wing Chun is that you can't hit hard enough with the punching it advocates. You might connect with a few of your "chain punches" but it just takes one looping hook to knock you out.
4/29/13 1:41 PM
6ULDV8

It was pitty pat to the max.  If you threw your weight behind a punch you were doing it wrong.

Besides, you're standing with your feet shoulder length apart, your knees together, and sticking out your pelvis to stand right.

I was fascinated by that shit when I first got here.  

I did have some awesome times with the kung fu dudes though.  They were for the most part pretty good kids.

I always tried to warn them that this shit wouldn't work in a real fight though.  I think they thought I was kidding.

4/29/13 2:37 PM
Otsuka
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

I spend half my time in Tsuen Wan these days.  

Where is it?

Across from the Panda Hotel. Not sure what the street's called.
4/29/13 4:22 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not going to defend Wing Chun but he wasn't doing it very well. not that it would've mattered, since hooks catch WC guys almost every time...

4/30/13 2:50 AM
Dbulletproof

This thread turned out all sorts of interdasting.

Do I go combat or scientific?
4/30/13 3:37 AM
6ULDV8

Going to teach in Tsuen Wan right now.  Might see if I can find the place.

Awesome thread.

4/30/13 4:02 AM
trem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/30/13 4:36 AM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy clearly forgot to trap. Pak Sao to Lop Sau would have ended it :)
4/30/13 4:38 AM
Otsuka

Looking at google streetview, it's across from Panda Hotel, on the 2nd floor above a Circle K and a bakery. The streetview pic is old, so it shows a bookstore called Gallery which it was before.
4/30/13 4:46 AM
Dbulletproof

^ Or maybe they use the bookstore sign as a front, like Fight Club.

Told you man, dangerous business.
4/30/13 9:28 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
i cant believe Wing Chun still exists and that people still train it and think its a real martial art
4/30/13 10:15 AM
6ULDV8

It would be ok against someone that didn't fight or train I guess, but I felt it would have very limited real life application.

I want to fight you!  Now put your hands like this!  No, more like this!  No, that's not right, this hand has to be like this!

4/30/13 12:00 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously the little guy needed to trane UFC.
4/30/13 12:03 PM
Otsuka

FWIW, I read an article once where the author talked about Ip Man and how his Wing Chun was much different and complete than what is taught to the public now. Basically, Ip Man had something like 5 closed-door students, each of whom he taught different aspects of his art to. And each one of them believed what they were taught was the real deal and that Ip Man taught the others fake shit. So... when Ip Man died, all these different clans of Wing Chun started feuding against each other, saying how they are the real WC as Ip Man taught them. But in reality, they all only knew one part of the whole, and instead of fighting amongst themselves, if they would have gotten together and compared notes, they would have put 2 and 2 together and figured the whole thing out. As it is now, the Wing Chun that exists in HK and the west is an "empty shell". I have read about some other WC schools in China that are not of Ip Man's lineage, and they seem to have a larger, wider ciriculum. Maybe some TCMA historian can enlighten us?
4/30/13 12:36 PM
Whambo
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadMon - 

and a phag.
4/30/13 12:48 PM
Otsuka

john joe - i cant believe Wing Chun still exists and that people still train it and think its a real martial art

my wife's nephew just started Wing Chun. She was so excited to tell me the news, thinking that I would be thrilled. I was like, man, if you would have told me you wanted to learn to fight, I'd have taken you to BJJ class or something useful.
4/30/13 1:15 PM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
Otsuka - FWIW, I read an article once where the author talked about Ip Man and how his Wing Chun was much different and complete than what is taught to the public now. Basically, Ip Man had something like 5 closed-door students, each of whom he taught different aspects of his art to. And each one of them believed what they were taught was the real deal and that Ip Man taught the others fake shit. So... when Ip Man died, all these different clans of Wing Chun started feuding against each other, saying how they are the real WC as Ip Man taught them. But in reality, they all only knew one part of the whole, and instead of fighting amongst themselves, if they would have gotten together and compared notes, they would have put 2 and 2 together and figured the whole thing out. As it is now, the Wing Chun that exists in HK and the west is an "empty shell". I have read about some other WC schools in China that are not of Ip Man's lineage, and they seem to have a larger, wider ciriculum. Maybe some TCMA historian can enlighten us?

that just sounds like total BS, the typical pseudo-legend shit that WC guys churn out

and if that literally did happen then Ip Man was a tard; who wants to destroy their art? What kind of sociopath would spend time teaching fake shit day after day?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.