UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wing Chun vs Boxing = folded lawnchair (vid)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/2/13 5:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta run.

Will put the blue name to work for the rest of the vids if no one else does before I'm back on.

Scientific Ving Tsun 4 Lyfe!

5/2/13 5:08 AM
Dbulletproof
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DV8 reppin' the Wing/Ving Chun/Tsun wicked hahd!

VTFU!
5/2/13 7:43 AM
Otsuka
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'LL DIE A WING CHUN MAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3F6Zwbp9E
5/2/13 9:44 AM
Dbulletproof
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many lifetimes do you think he was a Wing Chun man?
5/2/13 9:48 AM
hubris
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOOM FOOM FOOM FOOM FOOM
5/2/13 9:53 AM
6ULDV8
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please FOOM back FOOM up!   FOOM FOOM FOOM!

Those fooms are going to stick with me for a long time to come.  

I also love how he kind of shakes his head at the annoyance and then tries to enter his car again.

5/2/13 9:55 AM
6ULDV8

Otsuka - WC in the mainland. They do it rougher up there. This is for sure NOT Ip Man/HK lineage. Don't know how they'll do in a real fight, but for sure they're physically tougher than the weak HK fags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KjJVA_7Lo

They make 'em a little rougher and tougher on the mainland for sure.

That's street!

5/2/13 9:58 AM
6ULDV8

Dbulletproof - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBMEVrxoaE

Interesting K1 fight - Karate vs Wing Chun

fight starts at 4:30

WC guy's punches and headmovement are awful. Good finish.

Blue please

From 1995.  Old school.

5/2/13 10:01 AM
hubris
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WC guys don't have headmovement
5/2/13 10:04 AM
6ULDV8

Otsuka - I'LL DIE A WING CHUN MAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3F6Zwbp9E

Oh man that was tough to watch.

5/2/13 10:05 AM
john joe
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
PrisonMattressPuncher - 

I would say thay Wing Chun is one of the BEST traditional martial arts for self-defence against untrained opponents (in martial arts, not criminality) who approach you, threaten you, and try to enter on your space, mug you, etc. If your awareness is there and you are not "jumped", I think Wing Chun is tops. It is straight in down the centreline, attacking with hard palms, vertical fists, and low level kicks. That is usually enough to dissuade someone from trying to hassle you.

Trying to state the Wing Chun is no good because of better methods of "sparring" is ridiculous. In REAL self-defence, you have to be quick, decisive, and go in hard and then try to leave. WC does that much better than MMA.

Look here's the reality. Brandon Vera's skills were 100%, positively USELESS against REAL criminals during an armed home invasion. Lloyd Irvin's grappling skills were useless in this situation. He admitted that. What saved him? IT was a gun disarm taught to military derived from a traditional martial art (I think Aikido). That is what saved him. The one chance he had, he took, and it worked in his favor. None of the MMa stuff would have worked because sparring is like a dance, it trains you to thinklike a tennis match, trading back and forth. All that saved them from being killed was a move outside the realm of MMA.

Sparring is overrated for self-defense. True self-defense is trying to immobilize, stun, hurt, distract, etc., quickly and decsively so one can effect a quick escape. Too many people think glorified bar fighting is self-defense and thus sparring is needed. It isn't. I have been in two self-defense situations that required physical contact, and I was successful without sparring, using basic, simple stuff to hurt so I could leave asap.

only people who do wingchun think like this

the rest of us understand that true training is as much about getting hit in the head as it is about anything else; All centreline palm chi shit can fuck off if your self-defense 'situation' is the first time you are being properly smacked in the grill. Because unless you're a born hardass, you're going to react badly to that contact.

if you're talking 'real self defence' being "quick, decisive, and go in hard and then try to leave" then boxing or muay thai tick all those boxes plus add 'conditioning to receiving strikes' and 'having some defensive capabilities' to the list

your post basically boils down to, "WC works against people who are going to be dissuaded one they have taken a few digs" - well, then they would be dissuaded by a few digs from an unarmed pub fighter too. So whats the point of WC training again?

Its just not an effective MA, at the end of the day. Its near the bottom of the effectiveness hierarchy of martial arts.
5/2/13 10:20 AM
Dbulletproof

John Joe dropping knowledge.

As for WC being the best 'Street' art I think that Arnis/Kali would be more effective.

I saw Jason Bourne do it.
5/2/13 11:22 AM
6ULDV8

I don't think WC is what you want in your back pocket when dealing with a real life threat though.

It's good to have an open mind and everything, but WC seems like a recipe for disaster when really threatened if you're dumb enough to try to use it.

5/2/13 11:33 AM
Beefy Wellington
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghengiseanie - Yes we'll the wing Chun guy was breaking all the rules. The science of wing Chun works so much better defensively. The way he was running in trying to hit a bigger guy with more reach was laughable. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I was thinking, "should WC guy be waiting to parry the boxer and counter once inside??? WC "master" huh :-/ Phone Post
5/2/13 1:31 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for Later.

5/2/13 1:44 PM
hubris

Otsuka - 
hubris - with the Ip Man movies, a new generation of Chinese kids are going go be drinking the Wing Chun Kool-Aid

Funny thing is, Wing Chun wasn't even a dominant style of kung fu. It only got popular because of the Bruce Lee connection. Back in the day, it was Choy Lee Fut that was dominant in the old kung fu tournaments. But kids these days don't know that. They just think... Bruce Lee learned WC from Ip Man, which was an awesome movie, therefore WC is the shit.

yup kids these days...

They see Donnie Yen brutally beating up 10 karate black belts without getting a scratch...
5/2/13 4:31 PM
6ULDV8

We gotta get some 5 animal love up in this bitch.

5/2/13 4:38 PM
CharlesLewis
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not everyone spars the way you describe, PMP. Bad sporty sparring is just bad, no matter the style. I've been in groups that sparred like a mugging, in a couple of different arts.

Once again, there is nothing in WC that isn't better in other styles. I did it for years, I know what I'm talking about. You can spar with intent in better systems, and should.

5/2/13 7:28 PM
cm81
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrisonMattressPuncher -

I would say thay Wing Chun is one of the BEST traditional martial arts for self-defence against untrained opponents (in martial arts, not criminality) who approach you, threaten you, and try to enter on your space, mug you, etc. If your awareness is there and you are not "jumped", I think Wing Chun is tops. It is straight in down the centreline, attacking with hard palms, vertical fists, and low level kicks. That is usually enough to dissuade someone from trying to hassle you.

Trying to state the Wing Chun is no good because of better methods of "sparring" is ridiculous. In REAL self-defence, you have to be quick, decisive, and go in hard and then try to leave. WC does that much better than MMA.

Look here's the reality. Brandon Vera's skills were 100%, positively USELESS against REAL criminals during an armed home invasion. Lloyd Irvin's grappling skills were useless in this situation. He admitted that. What saved him? IT was a gun disarm taught to military derived from a traditional martial art (I think Aikido). That is what saved him. The one chance he had, he took, and it worked in his favor. None of the MMa stuff would have worked because sparring is like a dance, it trains you to thinklike a tennis match, trading back and forth. All that saved them from being killed was a move outside the realm of MMA.

Sparring is overrated for self-defense. True self-defense is trying to immobilize, stun, hurt, distract, etc., quickly and decsively so one can effect a quick escape. Too many people think glorified bar fighting is self-defense and thus sparring is needed. It isn't. I have been in two self-defense situations that required physical contact, and I was successful without sparring, using basic, simple stuff to hurt so I could leave asap.

Wrong.

In the situation that Vera and LI were in, if it was a wing chun guy he would have tried some lop sau shite and ended up shot dead.

LI's gun disarm was probably from Sambo. BJJ itself, and Judo, also teach gun disarms. All effective martial arts. WC... Not quite. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 9:22 PM
Dbulletproof

Some secretive Wing Chun guy be giving me the vote downs...

I SEE YOU........

WING CHUN MAN!!!
5/2/13 10:30 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SouthernGent - Height doesn't always mean size advantage, they are probably around the same weight. The taller guy is a beanpole.

HUGE size difference. The are a few weightclasses apart. The smaller guy probably weighs 150 or less and the big dude looks 195.

5/2/13 11:53 PM
Stone Rolled
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/03/13 1:24 AM
In a knife attack, there's no defense better than a Lap Cheong. (Chinese Sausage)
5/3/13 12:32 AM
Otsuka
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dbulletproof - Some secretive Wing Chun guy be giving me the vote downs...

I SEE YOU........

WING CHUN MAN!!!

Voted you back up.
5/3/13 2:48 AM
Dbulletproof

Will return the VTFU when my 24 hour limit has lapsed.

Once team Derp wins the contest for a blue name then it'll be VU's for everybody.

On a side not from Wing Chun, has anyone seen that guy Sifu Dale's Chi videos?

What a crock of shit.
5/3/13 3:04 AM
cm81
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -
SouthernGent - Height doesn't always mean size advantage, they are probably around the same weight. The taller guy is a beanpole.

HUGE size difference. The are a few weightclasses apart. The smaller guy probably weighs 150 or less and the big dude looks 195.

Well, a huge size difference didn't seem to bother Royce Gracie... But for WC it is an issue. And you guys still say BJJ doesn't work and that WC is for da streetz... Just pray you don't bump into a guy like Ken or Kimo. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.