UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: Jones is great, but I'm greater

4/26/13 9:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ariel Helwani: Well Chael, from where I was standing, it sounded like the crowd was booing Jon a helluva lot more than they were booing you, what did you make of that?

Chael Sonnen: I don't ask the crowd for their approval and I don't give a damn either way.

Ariel Helwani: Did it surprise you?

Chael Sonnen: It surpised me based off proximity. I know he's a local guy. I thought he'd have a little more support out there

Ariel Helwani: When you look at this fight, what do you think is Jon Jones' greatest weakness, what's the hole in his game your going to look to expose?

Chael Sonnen: You know I think Jon Jones is great, I just know I'm greater. I think Jon's the best, but I'm better. And this is where we seperate in the octagaon tomorrow night, the better from the best. He's a tough guy, he's got a lot of skills, but so do I. He's the champion of the crappiest division in the UFC, I'm the silver medalist from the toughest division in the UFC.

4/26/13 10:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Chael is going to get stomped.
4/26/13 10:05 PM
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Chael is going to get stomped.
Hopefully he looks good while going down Phone Post
4/26/13 11:16 PM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lost some respect for JJ this time... His talk has just come off as petulant and childish crybaby crap. He could have saved that card by taking the fight with Chael, and I can't agree with any of his criticisms of the guy. No work ethic? Weak mind? Whatever you say about Chael, those two comments don't fit.

And, accusing Chael of racism is definitely evidence of a weak mind and a weak spirit. It's something stupid petty children do when they've got nothing better to offer.
4/26/13 11:23 PM
DoomFarmer
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - Lost some respect for JJ this time... His talk has just come off as petulant and childish crybaby crap. He could have saved that card by taking the fight with Chael, and I can't agree with any of his criticisms of the guy. No work ethic? Weak mind? Whatever you say about Chael, those two comments don't fit.

And, accusing Chael of racism is definitely evidence of a weak mind and a weak spirit. It's something stupid petty children do when they've got nothing better to offer.

You certainly hit the nail on the head in the 2nd part of your post.

Would vote up if I could.
4/26/13 11:25 PM
epwar
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this Chael nonsense to end.

4/26/13 11:26 PM
NugInPuss

Chael has been writing cheques his ass can't cash. He's going down. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 9:17 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

KingofBJJ - "You know I think Jon Jones is great, I just know I'm greater"- Sonnen
----------------------

Well he must be talking about being an idiot. Why is this cheater and felon still being treated like he's a role model?
So he has confidence in himself. Big deal. What are you expecting him to say pre fight?

Also, who is painting him as a role model? Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 9:28 AM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - Lost some respect for JJ this time... His talk has just come off as petulant and childish crybaby crap. He could have saved that card by taking the fight with Chael, and I can't agree with any of his criticisms of the guy. No work ethic? Weak mind? Whatever you say about Chael, those two comments don't fit.

I'd also include his allegations of Sonnen's supposed steroid use and since it was in a presser for this fight, his criticisms of Mitrione. How the hell are you going to criticize Mitrione for his comments about Fallon Fox when you, in your criticism, can't even assign a gender?!? Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 9:29 AM
MachidasBrew

stonepony - Lost some respect for JJ this time... His talk has just come off as petulant and childish crybaby crap. He could have saved that card by taking the fight with Chael, and I can't agree with any of his criticisms of the guy. No work ethic? Weak mind? Whatever you say about Chael, those two comments don't fit.

Yup, Chael is the definition of a workhorse. Also JBJ calling him a mental midget doesn't sound too well.
VU Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.