UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 8 more fighters appear to be cut from the UFC

4/27/13 4:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Pariah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Casey and Hart should've had another fight. Casey was winning his fight and got spiked twice... Tough luck.

Atleast they'll make more money elsewhere and extra promotion as "former UFC fighters" Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 4:44 PM
Williambonney

Don't really see a issue here but I still think it total BS that they cut Fitch who is a legit top 5 contender just because dana doesn't like him personally
4/27/13 4:46 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Well of course... Dana's got to make room on the televised portion of FOX for fighters like Carmouche who are 2-3 in their last five.

Member of the he man's woman hater club huh?

Or is it No Ma'am?

Maybe both
4/27/13 4:48 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

MadDog135 - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - This is SPECULATION based oon their profiles being removed from ufc.com.

Not 100% fact yet. Phone Post
With all due respect, what would be another reason there profiles would be removed from the website? Phone Post 3.0

I have no fucking clue :-)

Maybe they are negotiating with some of them and using that as a way to intimidate?

4/27/13 4:50 PM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hart is young and will be back for sure.....I could also see Jimmy, Adam (he needs to drop down a weight), and Gilbert getting another shot......I would like to see King back, but his health could be an issue. Good luck to all of them.......
4/27/13 4:53 PM
B_Goetz

Edited: 04/27/13 4:56 PM
LOL @ Spang getting cut while guys like Leonard Garcia are still on the roster. If Bellator has any brains they'll snatch him up quickly. He had one slow, very tactical fight with a combat Sambo world champion and he gets cut?

edit: Na-Shon Burrell is still on the roster, but they cut the guy who took his head off in the first round?
4/27/13 4:59 PM
simonpe

B_Goetz - LOL @ Spang getting cut while guys like Leonard Garcia are still on the roster. If Bellator has any brains they'll snatch him up quickly. He had one slow, very tactical fight with a combat Sambo world champion and he gets cut?

edit: Na-Shon Burrell is still on the roster, but they cut the guy who took his head off in the first round?

Having a very hard time imagining UFC cutting Chris at this time, they like him a lot (for obvious reasons).

And you don't get cut for hometown octagon jitters...
4/27/13 5:01 PM
simonpe

^
His profile is still up btw

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/chris-spang
4/27/13 5:31 PM
Wicked smahtMF

solid cuts are solid
4/27/13 5:34 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

Every. Time. Every. Damn. Time.

Can ANYONE get cut by the UFC without you whiners crying about it? You are the same people who cry when other people get cut "instead of those TUF losers." Now they cut the TUF guys and ya'll are "so sad, not fair UFC :( I'm pirating the next show FIGHT THE MAN WHER U AT DANA!?!209".

C'mon. Cella, Spang, etc. are not UFC material.
4/27/13 5:37 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

It's odd how this place celebrated when Dana announced he would give everyone from TUF "One fight in the UFC", yet are now crying that some of the losers from those fights are cut. Anyone with half a brain knew that most of those TUF guys Dana gave "One fight in the UFC" to would be cut if they lost.

4/27/13 7:07 PM
crumbs

RampageFitsLikeAGlove, I'm starting to think you just like blaming women for stuff.

UFC is trying to build the women's divisions, those guys who got cut would probably been cut even if there was no womens divisions.

You would make the worse president of the UFC if you think Tate/Liz should be on the undercard. Or any buisiness for that matter. What has Melvin done to earn the main card slot? Just cause he has more fights In the UFC doesn't mean he should always be on the main card, that guy has co/mained plenty of free cards , he's had his chance to make a run, and has come up short time and time again, should he hold down a spot on the main cards for the rest of his life? Let's be real here,the UFC has to build up other fighters then Melvin, or spencer fisher, or others who have never took it to the next level. It wouldn't be fair to up and coming fighters male or female to keep underachieving melvin on every damn main card, for every card he fights on.
4/27/13 7:29 PM
SC MMA MD
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/27/13 10:15 PM

Edit- wrong guyPhone Post 3.0

4/27/13 11:55 PM
crumbs

i didnt come here to defend Liz's creds, ask all the media that votes on the UFC rankings, why shes ranked so high.

what dont you understand about the business side of the UFC? if Pepsi releases a new flavour, there not going place it on the bottom of there advertising budget, there going push the fuck out of it, the UFC isnt going let the WMMA die on the undercard, if they belong there or not, is a matter of personal opinion.(personally tate definitely belongs on that main card)

as i said before the UFC is not going put there own ranked fighters on the undercard if they dont have too, i didnt make the rankings or agree nor disagree with them, obviously you do, but it doesnt change the fact the media ranked these women, making them as you say in " the big leagues for the best fighters in the world, male or female."
4/28/13 12:00 AM
jbapk

Foos - 
Infamous Ed -  Collin Hart deserved another shot Phone Post

Agreed. He showed lots of potential

I don't like a guy losing his job, but he really didn't.

Is it fair he gets cut while guys like Garcia get multiple shots I don't know, but he didn't look like a UFC caliber fighter.
4/28/13 2:50 AM
Argo

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
crumbs - RampageFitsLikeAGlove, I'm starting to think you just like blaming women for stuff.

UFC is trying to build the women's divisions, those guys who got cut would probably been cut even if there was no womens divisions.

You would make the worse president of the UFC if you think Tate/Liz should be on the undercard. Or any buisiness for that matter. What has Melvin done to earn the main card slot? Just cause he has more fights In the UFC doesn't mean he should always be on the main card, that guy has co/mained plenty of free cards , he's had his chance to make a run, and has come up short time and time again, should he hold down a spot on the main cards for the rest of his life? Let's be real here,the UFC has to build up other fighters then Melvin, or spencer fisher, or others who have never took it to the next level. It wouldn't be fair to up and coming fighters male or female to keep underachieving melvin on every damn main card, for every card he fights on.

I point out that she has never once, in her life, in the history of her fighting career, beat a fighter with a winning record and you try and play psychologist and say it has to do with me blaming women?   Are you mentally handicapped?   I guess I was under the impression that the UFC was the big leagues for the best fighters in the world, male or female. 

I see you like to point out how those fighters have never 'taken it to the next level.'  Which of the Liz's wins were her taking it to that level?

Liz is irrelevant except she has some name/promotional value.

Here's the part you couldn't comprehend.

Tate is a former Champion (and a draw) and that's why the fight is on the TV card.

Liz vs anyone else and it's a prelim fight just like the women's fight last night was a prelim.
4/28/13 2:43 PM
SimbaSpice
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torquemada -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Infamous Ed - Collin Hart deserved another shot Phone Post
Agreed, he put on a hell of a fight. Phone Post
Same thought here. Phone Post
Agreed. Phone Post
4/28/13 2:45 PM
SimbaSpice
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoreNobody -
Foos -
Infamous Ed -  Collin Hart deserved another shot Phone Post

Agreed. He showed lots of potential
I think he'll get a call,I train at the same gym.......he's way above me though...lol Phone Post 3.0
You train out of Nor Cal? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.