UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tell me why referees..

4/27/13 10:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hankatron
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...have to step in between fighters when one of then disengages from the ground and wants his opponent to stand up? Surely they only really need to tell the guy to stand up instead of wasting even more time getting between them. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 11:11 PM
creepymcfinger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cause the guy on the ground would never get up for fear of getting kicked in the face half way up. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 11:59 PM
hankatron
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So? Standing over your grounded opponent should be as dominant a position as it looks. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 12:10 AM
creepymcfinger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So one guy would just stand there and the other guy would just sit Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 12:42 AM
hankatron

It's the guy on the ground's goal to improve his position. If he's obviously not even attempting anything then the ref should warn him of the passivity foul and point deductions.

I dunno, I might just be being silly here. There's just something that bugs me about it. I like the absolute minimum amount of referee intervention possible, like a real fight with no ref at all. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 1:00 AM
The Black Cheez
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the same situation as one guy idly laying in another guys idle guard. Only in one situation you could get your head kicked off. Phone Post
4/28/13 1:01 AM
The Black Cheez
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The other situation, I mean. Phone Post
4/28/13 1:03 AM
hankatron

Good. If you don't want to get kicked in the head as you stand up then don't get taken down. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 1:06 AM
hankatron

And if you don't try to improve your position then you get a warning and then a point deduction. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place because you made the mistake of getting taken down and being on the bottom. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.