UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> sara mcmann didnt show me skills to beat rousey

4/28/13 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

Ronda has shown no skills on the feet.  The key to McMann beating Rousey is not using her wrestling to take Ronda down, it's using her wrestling to defend being thrown, and perhaps keep the fight standing all night, and really see what Robda has on the feet.  Anyways McMann is a beast, she trains all over the place, from Tristar gym to Almeida's to training with Marcelo Garcia.  She'll be as prepared as she can be.

I agree that is probably her best shot to win, but even if she does keep it standing, I haven't seen anything in her fights that indicates she is any better than Rousey on her feet. I think sprawl & brawl is a 50-50 proposition for her at best, and that is only if she is 100% successful with the sprawl part. If it hits the ground, she is in trouble.
4/28/13 9:27 AM
FOX Force Five
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - All McMann has to do is take Rousey down and not get subbed from the bottom for the time limit. Phone Post 3.0

Follow this gameplan for a easy win.

It's not as if Sara will be facing a Olympic class Judoka who's been using subs since she was a young girl.

<Rolls eyes>
4/28/13 10:00 AM
Ministry of Truth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She isn't ready, but she has the right background to do it.
4/28/13 10:07 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - Rousey has beat nothing but smaller opponents that weren't very good. She has never fought anyone in Sara's league athletically. Phone Post 3.0

From what we saw last night, it's Ronda by armbar in the first.

4/28/13 10:19 AM
thatdude21601
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Alexis Davis is going to get it. CSA in Dublin is the place to train for women atm.
4/28/13 12:21 PM
Unseen
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sara is an ADCC silver medalist I believe. Anyone know who her opponents were? Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 1:26 PM
Ministry of Truth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unseen - Sara is an ADCC silver medalist I believe. Anyone know who her opponents were? Phone Post 3.0

Good question. I wasn't aware of this and would love to know the answer. All I can find doing a quick search is she lost to Penny Thomas in the finals.

TTT
4/28/13 3:10 PM
Unseen
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/28/13 3:10 PM

Here's Sara against Penny.  Not sure if time ran out or if there was a sub at the end.  Sara almost gets armbarred but escapes.  Penny is a world class black belt though.

4/28/13 3:24 PM
Mathamuticus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silver in the ADCC North American trials, I believe. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 3:30 PM
Toki Wartooth
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - Wrestlers of her caliber are not easy to submit and she would only have to defend subs from bottom. Winning the fight would be an easy preparation. Sara won't be on bottom and Ronda doesn't have the ability to KO her. Get takedowns and defend subs for the win. Phone Post 3.0

This. We haven't actually seen Sara's full game yet. My guess is Gaff was either presenting on serious threat from the bottom of Sara is really heavy from that position. Flying to an armbar when someone has a sharp top game is just an easy way to get punched in the face and have your guard passed.

She's not ready yet but in a couple of fights I think this is a good match up.
4/28/13 3:54 PM
hubris
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/29/13 3:08 PM
hubris
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.