UnderGround Forums

VIDEO THREADS >> Sonnen: Jones, Silva are 'couple of chickens'

4/28/13 8:58 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Football has the Superbowl, humankind has Superman, and the UFC wants to make a superfight, between Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, or Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre.

Post fight, Chael Sonnen called out Anderson Silva and Jon Jones for not pressing for a superfight.

"These guys should be calling Dana right now, begging him to fight each other, and it's not going to go that way," said Sonnen. "You've got these two guys, and they're great, but they're a couple of chickens. They should be calling each other out. They should grab the mic and say, 'I want to fight that guy. I don't want the debate. I want to figure this out. Give me a date; give me a time.'

"But it won't happen that way. Dana's going to have to call these guys, and they're going to have to dangle a carrot, and they're going to want to negotiate. We're in the fight business. If you don't want to fight, don't raise your hand."

The man in the middle is Anderson Silva, who first has to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 162 on July 6 in Las Vegas.

And post fight Saturday night, UFC president Dana White said that Anderson Silva had called him.

"Anderson called and wants a fight," said White. While White would not say who Silva wants, he did confirm it was Jones or GSP.

"Anderson is the key to the whole puzzle," said White. "If Weidman beats Anderson, it blows the whole superfight concept."

So what do you think?

Will the superfight happen? And if so between who?

And should Jon Jones and Anderson Silva simply step up and say I want to auperfight?

4/28/13 9:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
edwims
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

obviously Anderson would prefer to fight GSP....he's way bigger than him

instead of Jones....who it seems to me is bigger than Silva
4/28/13 9:00 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael has a point here...

4/28/13 9:08 AM
Lurkdaddy316
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with the gangster on this one.
4/28/13 9:08 AM
Kostakio
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

He just got smashed. He should not be making points. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 9:11 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael's a 100% correct. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see Jones vs Silva.

4/28/13 9:13 AM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

So what. Still telling the truth. Phone Post
4/28/13 9:13 AM
Rudi

Pitbull3744 - Well weidman wins so sorry Phone Post 3.0
Youre on bath salts Phone Post
4/28/13 9:14 AM
Lurkdaddy316
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

That's kind of a strange way of looking at things.
4/28/13 9:19 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

How did get this fight?

Oh yeah he opened his mouth and campaigned for it...hes talking from experience fool Phone Post
4/28/13 9:20 AM
Kostakio
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lurkdaddy316 -
Kostakio - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

I suppose. I guess I'm just tired of him being outspoken and not really backing up his trash talk when it counts. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 9:21 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
Lurkdaddy316 -
Kostakio - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

I suppose. I guess I'm just tired of him being outspoken and not really backing up his trash talk when it counts. Phone Post 3.0

If it makes you feel any better, that was likely the last title shot he talks himself into!

4/28/13 9:22 AM
Kostakio

YVEL MACHIDA -
Kostakio -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

How did get this fight?

Oh yeah he opened his mouth and campaigned for it...hes talking from experience fool Phone Post
That's exactly my point.

Maybe Anderson and Jones don't feel confident enough to call each other out yet because they're not 100% sure they can win.

Maybe Chael should take note and shut his mouth so he doesn't look silly when he loses in embarrassing fashion. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 9:53 AM
springfield
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is saying exactly what Dana can't say himself. If Chael can goad them into a fight then he will be getting some bonus pay.
4/28/13 10:01 AM
springy palm

"Maybe Chael should take note and shut his mouth so he doesn't look silly when he loses in embarrassing fashion."

Exactly, Jon Jones plus Anderson Silva both have said that they don't mind fighting each other and that's all that counts. It's up to the UFC to make it happen.

Remember this is a Sport not WWE. Chael Sonnen will go down in history as being a guy with a lot of mouth but nothing to back it up while Jon Jones and Anderson Silva will be recognized as being both the Greatest plus Innovators of the Sport.

4/28/13 10:03 AM
Lurkdaddy316

springy palm - "Maybe Chael should take note and shut his mouth so he doesn't look silly when he loses in embarrassing fashion."

Exactly, Jon Jones plus Anderson Silva both have said that they don't mind fighting each other and that's all that counts. It's up to the UFC to make it happen.

Remember this is a Sport not WWE. Chael Sonnen will go down in history as being a guy with a lot of mouth but nothing to back it up while Jon Jones and Anderson Silva will be recognized as being both the Greatest plus Innovators of the Sport.

He still got in the cage with them and made the attempt. Respect that at least. I get not liking his schtick but the man picked 3 fights with 2 of the best fighters in the world. Takes a bit of balls imo.
4/28/13 10:13 AM
ganderwitz

1 point for the bad guy! Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 11:19 AM
SQUEEZIE

did he miss that jbj said he would fight him and wants to fight him the other day?

andy said combat can happen just so people would leave him alone...i can say alot of things can happen,doesent meant i reaaly want them to or that its going to...just that it can happen.

andy wants no part of this and he might not make it past chris any way.
4/28/13 11:33 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
2xAA - jones by anything he wants........even striking
Striking?

Guys we got a new fan here pls everyone welcome him to MMA, good to have you onboard son Phone Post
Lol welcome aboard, moran Phone Post
4/28/13 11:51 AM
Allucard

Warrenpeace - Pretty easy position to take for a guy like chael with nothing to lose that continues to talk his way into fights he should never be getting.

Hey chael, these guys are real talents with real legacies and a lot to lose. Not everyone can get their asses handed to the, fight after fight yet line up for a big payday because they run their mouth wwe style.

This. You also don't see GSP in a hurry to even fight outside his weight class, let alone entertain a superfight.

People who have nothing to lose tend to be allot less measured in words and "braver".

If every superfight just proves the smaller guy shouldn't have left his weight class, then i don't want to see none.

That said, if it happens, Jones will "Chael Sonnen" Anderson Silva harder than Sonnen could have, ever.
4/28/13 11:55 AM
EazyG

Chael has a point.

Chael also has an uncanny knack to keeping himself in the discussion even after he losses badly.

He is a smart crafty businessman. As someone in business, i have big respect for him. He is creating a future path for himself in the business side after retiring. And certainly as a commentator/personality.

Most of the fighters arent that good at business or as interesting to listen to.

Chael will be part of the game for years and years, i predict
4/28/13 11:58 AM
Allucard

People need to remember this isn't boxing. In boxing, the heavier guy usually has a big speed disadvantage but let me just say that Oscar De La Hoya vs Manny Pacquiao would probably have a different ending if Oscar could mount Manny and rain elbows on him.

Then there's the age factor. Anderson Silva is too old school to even think about it but being the older, slower and smaller fighter against another world champion isn't gonna make winning any easier.

Lastly, as I said before many times, people who want to see this are GSP fans DESPERATE for him to somehow take the easy road to the #1 p4p place and then retire. The thing is, Jones is #2 p4p behind Silva, it's not GSP anymore so GSP would have to beat Jones too and good luck beating a 25 year old Jones.

If GSP is smart he'd take the Silva fight before Jones takes it, then he has a chance. If he doesn't he'll never reach that peak. Nobody remembers seconds for long, just saying.
4/28/13 12:00 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye

Allucard - 
Warrenpeace - Pretty easy position to take for a guy like chael with nothing to lose that continues to talk his way into fights he should never be getting.

Hey chael, these guys are real talents with real legacies and a lot to lose. Not everyone can get their asses handed to the, fight after fight yet line up for a big payday because they run their mouth wwe style.

This. You also don't see GSP in a hurry to even fight outside his weight class, let alone entertain a superfight.

People who have nothing to lose tend to be allot less measured in words and "braver".

If every superfight just proves the smaller guy shouldn't have left his weight class, then i don't want to see none.

That said, if it happens, Jones will "Chael Sonnen" Anderson Silva harder than Sonnen could have, ever.

So they might lose...big deal.

Champions should only take fights they are pretty much guaranteed to win?

4/28/13 12:02 PM
Entreri

"GSP would have to beat Jones to"?

LOL!

Why not Cain?

P4P#1 is entirely worthless, same goes for the ever moving GOAT.

If Anderson wants to fight Jones or GSP wants to fight Anderson, it will be awesome.
4/28/13 12:50 PM
FightToLive
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True words! If your job was to fight and you wanted to be the best, wouldn't you want to fight the best?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.