UnderGround Forums

VIDEO THREADS >> DFW: Mitrione might want to focus on his own div.

4/28/13 7:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione got a lot of media coverage recently. However, it was of the sort that led UFC president to muse that fighters should probably not speak to the media unless there is a fight coming up.

Mitrione's media melee, by the numbers.

#1. Transgendered fighter Fallon Fox competed in women's MMA without revealing to regulators, or her opponent, that she was born a man.

#2. That made Matt angry.

“That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak," said Mitrione. "And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself."

"Meathead" was later fined and briefly suspended by the UFC for the 'transphobic' comments.

#3. UFC lightheavyweight champion Jon Jones got upset with Mitrione for getting overly upset with Fox.

"Despite what the person has been through in their life, that's a strong person," said Jones. "I'm a fan of that person because of what they've gone through and what they're willing to go through. People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags. He's a scumbag. I don't care if he's off suspension or doesn't fight again. He's a ridiculous person. He needs to shut his mouth. That's how I feel about that kid. He's scum."

#4. Mitrione got upset with Jones, for Jones getting upset with Mitrione getting upset with Fox.

"Last time I spoke, gotNtrouble4 talking bout sum1 using hands2hurt women, guess thats a lot better than Bentleys&Telephone poles @JonnyBones," tweeted Mitrione. "Ur a spoiled brat that needs 2b taught a lesson & I'm the guy2do it. Come fight me at hvywgt within 1 year or ur a coward, kid

#5. White was asked about Mitrione's latest comments following Saturday's post-UFC 159 press conference.

"I don't know, man," said White. "If I was Mitrione – you know I like Mitrione – if I was Mitrione, I'd be focused on my own weight division. I'd be worried about beating some of the heavyweights out there.

"I wouldn't be going after the No. 1 guy in the world, you know? Try to beat some heavyweights in the top 10. He just fought Roy Nelson, and you saw what happened."

4/28/13 7:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
4/28/13 7:37 PM
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew - Phone Post
HAHAHA! That's fucking hilarious! Phone Post 3.0
4/28/13 7:42 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He didn't even know matt had sed nething about jones til someone asked him and explained it at thw UG meet m greet! !! Phone Post
4/28/13 7:58 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana acts like such a hypocrite. If it was a guy he was currently fond of calling out Jones he wouldn't give a shit. I honestly think Jones is going to get his shit pushed in if he moves to HW.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.