UnderGround Forums

VIDEO THREADS >> Quality of opponents insulting to Jones?

4/29/13 10:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Daverr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and how is this not a article on Anderson within the past few years????

4/29/13 10:21 AM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^Because Anderson was facing the top contenders in his weight (minus the Bonnar fight)
4/29/13 10:22 AM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Though Jones was doing that, too, before his last two fights.
4/29/13 10:24 AM
triso
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun, Machida, and Bader (who at the time was undefeated in the division).
4/29/13 10:26 AM
ItBurnsWheniOG
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daverr -
and how is this not a article on Anderson within the past few years????

Because WW's don't move up in weight to fight Anderson... Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 10:31 AM
Daverr

ya, but to say all AS's opponents were certain #1 contenders is a crock
4/29/13 10:33 AM
Daverr

Vitor beat ace and lindland to get a shot at AS, he wasnt the #2 MW at the time,

I dont think okami was either beating marquardt and munoz barely.
4/29/13 10:34 AM
forrestfan
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was just a waste of the LHW division for a while. Time to get back on track.
4/29/13 10:35 AM
DaleSonnen

wiggum - ^^Because Anderson was facing the top contenders in his weight (minus the Bonnar fight)

lol top contenders? give me a break.... Everyone wants to be hard on Bones, when Andy has been going through the same damn thing only on a longer scale. As far as the Vitor fight, correct me if im wrong but wasnt he suppose to fight Hendo? oh thats right Hendo got hurt and no one wanted to step up except for chael and Vitor.. Bones is just fighting who the UFC puts in front of him. Im sure even when he fights GUS next or maybe even Glover, there will still be be people hating on Jones try to say he sucks and bla bla bla... no matter how you look at it, Jones has fought and finished way tougher guys than Anderson..
4/29/13 10:35 AM
forrestfan
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daverr - 
Vitor beat ace and lindland to get a shot at AS, he wasnt the #2 MW at the time,

you are fucking up the discussion and not making any point.
4/29/13 10:41 AM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not really jones' fault he decimated the division in record time. After the scheduled Henderson fight there was literally no one left as a top contender except Gustafson - who had only one top win over thiago and was a stretch at best to be considered a threat.

It was so bad they had to name
Machida as the number one contender again just one fight removed from being choked out and dropped like a s sack of potatoes. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 10:42 AM
Seats Taken
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do not like Jon Jones. I will root against him no matter who he's fighting. If he's trying to save an old lady from having her purse stolen, I hope the robber gets away.

That being said, there is no one that can presently or on their past beat him. He gets better and better every fight. The only reason AS and JBJ would be a good fight is because Jones would respect Silva too much just to go in and try to tool him. He's too long, too athletic, too strong, too smart for anyone in MMA to beat him. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 10:48 AM
ranier wolfcastle
876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vitor has also fought at hw and 205 before going to mw

4/29/13 10:53 AM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

completely disagree w/the article.  not to defend jones but

---

take away chael, and bones' last 7 fights were

belfort / evans / rashad / machida / rampage / shogun / bader

---

take away stephan bonnar and andy's last fights were

chael / okami / belfort / chael / maia / forrest / leites

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

which 6 guys/fights are more elite?  bones finally gets a gimmie fight and there's false legacy talk?  his road was tougher than andy's and people still nutride andy

4/29/13 10:56 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

how can you argue with beating 6 FORMER CHAMPS, in a ROW?

4/29/13 10:56 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones has fought the best one can fight at 205.

If you don't think so, you're clearly in need of a reset on your understanding of how this sport works.

4/29/13 10:59 AM
cleetdog101
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate to agree with USA Today, but they're right - Jones is a victim of his own dominance. He needs a real threat.
4/29/13 11:00 AM
Daverr

forrestfan - 
Daverr - 

you are fucking up the discussion and not making any point.

i responded to a comment

and no, my point and question stands, why hasn't a article been written on AS in the past on his lack of quality opponents?

JJ has beaten better comp already than AS, and im no JJ fan
4/29/13 11:02 AM
forrestfan

Cyril Jeff - 

how can you argue with beating 6 FORMER CHAMPS, in a ROW?

is anyone arguing with the quality of opponents before Vitor? It's an amazing run, it's just that it stagnated the LHW division for a year. Granted injuries have fucked things up.

That list of opponents is better than Silvas, but if Silva's last year was against Koscheck and Diaz coming off a loss, there would be legit complaints too.

Things will be cool when he can fight Gustafsson or something.
4/29/13 11:05 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah he's basically fought 4 guys who would be best suited at middleweight in a row. I'd like to see him fight the guys who are both skilled and big and it seems like he does too. I don't think anyone at 205 is even close to him Phone Post
4/29/13 11:07 AM
Adam LaClair

I completely disagree with USA Today. Jones himself said Chael was walking around 10 pounds heavier through the season of TUF. Just because someone can cut massive amounts of weight to reach MW does NOT mean they aren't also a legit LHW. That's the case with Belfort too - he has more LHW fights than MW fights.

At this point, Jones has beaten every former champ in the division that is still active and not retired. There IS no "legit contenders" for him left, without beating the same men again, save for Gustafson. If GUS can't take the title, then it's clear that Jones WILL have to move to HW to find a true challenge.

Having said that, I think he'll find PLENTY of challenges at HW. I don't see him taking the title in that division any time in the near future!

4/29/13 11:08 AM
ep915

chaplinshouse - 

completely disagree w/the article.  not to defend jones but

---

take away chael, and bones' last 7 fights were

belfort / evans / rashad / machida / rampage / shogun / bader

---

take away stephan bonnar and andy's last fights were

chael / okami / belfort / chael / maia / forrest / leites

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

which 6 guys/fights are more elite?  bones finally gets a gimmie fight and there's false legacy talk?  his road was tougher than andy's and people still nutride andy

I thought Bones looked good against rashad but man did he dominate evans!!
4/29/13 11:16 AM
DaleSonnen

The LHD is beefing back up right now in my opinion, you have GUS, Glover, Gerard, I think just those three guys can keep Jones busy for awhile. They all seem like potential title fights to me.. and no one would be able to talk shit about either one of them.
4/29/13 11:22 AM
kungfugrip
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

or maybe Jones is just much better than everyone else?
4/29/13 11:26 AM
Bulerias

Lets see if Daniel Cormier can cut down to LHW...

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.