UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva/Jones Size Comparison

5/2/13 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Libero21
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight of the fucking century. I see a war with silva lighting up Jones on the feet then Jones taking it by submission late in the fight
5/2/13 1:43 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the fight was at 205 its up to Anderson how heavy he comes in at, he can certainly pack on muscle.

He can come in big and cut more or not its still no more unfair than any other fight in the UFC or mixed martial arts for that matter.

That's Basically where I'm at with the whole fighter A is larger than fighter B complaint. Phone Post
5/2/13 2:28 PM
dabigchet

george exaggerates anderson's size to suit his agenda.

george is 190 in shape when not preparing for a specific fight. that is his weight.

based on the fact that anderson is weighing in under 205 for his LHW fights, he is not much bigger than that. perhaps 210, when in shape between fights.

jones seems to be 230 or so.

so, the gap between gsp and anderson is around the same as anderson vs jones - around 20 pounds. given that anderson has made 170 (168, actually), and the prospect of jones making a lower weight is laughable, i think it is reasonable to conclude that anderson/GSP is a closer matchup weight wise than anderson/jones.

i will be happy to take either.
5/2/13 3:14 PM
nolabrum
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dabigchet - george exaggerates anderson's size to suit his agenda.

george is 190 in shape when not preparing for a specific fight. that is his weight.

based on the fact that anderson is weighing in under 205 for his LHW fights, he is not much bigger than that. perhaps 210, when in shape between fights.

so, the gap between gsp and anderson is around the same as anderson vs jones - around 20 pounds. given that anderson has made 170 (168, actually), and the prospect of jones making a lower weight is laughable, i think it is reasonable to conclude that anderson/GSP is a closer matchup weight wise than anderson/jones.

He looks about as big as most of Jones previous opponents. Put A pic of Jones next to Sonnen, Machida, Rampage, Rashad and Jones looks way bigger. Put those same guys next to A Silva they are the same size. Put GSP next to A. Silva and he towers over GSP. Silva and Jones are much closer in size then Silva GSP. Look at Silva when he fought Bonnar or Griffen, both are Huge LHW and he did not look much smaller than them. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 3:30 PM
dabigchet

height and size are not the same thing. jones is a very big LHW. anderson is a big MW but not ridiculously so. you KNOW this because he fought at 168 as a grown ass man. he was 174 - 11 pounds under MW limit, THE SAME YEAR he debuted in the UFC against leben.

anderson could have been a WW in the UFC all along. the opportunity was at MW, and his body is more suited to that division.

at a minimum, anderson could meet georges 1/2 way, and jones could NOT meet anderson 1/2 way. this is what matters, not how they look to you.

5/2/13 3:32 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

dabigchet - height and size are not the same thing. jones is a very big LHW. anderson is a big MW but not ridiculously so. you KNOW this because he fought at 168 as a grown ass man. he was 174 - 11 pounds under MW limit, THE SAME YEAR he debuted in the UFC against leben.

anderson could have been a WW in the UFC all along. the opportunity was at MW, and his body is more suited to that division.

at a minimum, anderson could meet georges 1/2 way, and jones could NOT meet anderson 1/2 way. this is what matters, not how they look to you.

Stop it with logic and reason. That's not allowed. Phone Post
5/2/13 3:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

nolabrum -

He looks about as big as most of Jones previous opponents. Put A pic of Jones next to Sonnen, Machida, Rampage, Rashad and Jones looks way bigger. Put those same guys next to A Silva they are the same size. Put GSP next to A. Silva and he towers over GSP. Silva and Jones are much closer in size then Silva GSP. Look at Silva when he fought Bonnar or Griffen, both are Huge LHW and he did not look much smaller than them. Phone Post 3.0
Yes lets look at pictures and ignore actual facts....great logic.

Sonnen was -210-215 against Anderson, and Anderson was 198. Both according to their dieticians. (Dolce actually said 217 but I'm subtracting a little because he is marketing himself) Phone Post
5/2/13 3:54 PM
Il Duce
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone think Anderson cut weight for the Bonnar fight to help lobby for the GSP fight? Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 4:04 PM
Daverr

they dont look much off to me,

add to that, everone looks small to the lenghty jones... we wernt complaining when the same size shogun(as anderson) fought JBJ..

Nor we would make a deal if hendo fought JJ either.

5/2/13 4:05 PM
Daverr

so why cant

"the greatest ever"

fight JBJ?

5/2/13 4:09 PM
Damaynevent

Who gives a shit about size anyway? Gray Maybard clearly outwieghed Frankie Edgar by at least 25 lbs when they fought and no one said shit and no excuses were made by either side.

GSP doesn't want anything to do with Anderson. So if AS wants a super fight it has to be with JBJ. We can talk and argue about weight as much as we want, but the fact remains is that AS has fought at LHW AND done so successfully. There's no reason to believe he couldn't hold his own against JBJ.

If it happens, JBJ stops Andy in the 3rd via tko. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 4:21 PM
Daverr

JBJ eats AS for lunch
5/2/13 4:26 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - 

Look at Andersons shorts pulled down. It's a photography trick.

Second pic is most telling

There's 2" difference, it's the "Ultimate" fighting championship.

Let's stop talking about this shit and LIGHT THIS GAWTDAMN CANDLE.

GET IT ON

Looks like jones could literally sit on anderson's ass standing.
5/2/13 4:48 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

I agree with this and I don't see Anderson using his weight to really beat GSP since he is a striker. But Jones definitely would use his against Anderson since wrestling is such a big part of his game.

As much as I wanna see Jones vs Silva I don't think it would be as close of a fight as gsp vs silva.

Unfortunately neither of the smaller guys wanna face the larger opponent. The gsp one makes more sense though. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 5:08 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ Anderson has repeatedly said he wants the Jones fight. Dana has confirmed as well. Iirc he said he wanted gsp first, but that's not happening.

I bet we see bones vs Andy within the next 12 months. Phone Post
5/2/13 5:15 PM
nolabrum
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
nolabrum -

Yes lets look at pictures and ignore actual facts....great logic.

Sonnen was -210-215 against Anderson, and Anderson was 198. Both according to their dieticians. (Dolce actually said 217 but I'm subtracting a little because he is marketing himself) Phone Post
You are not comparing size. You are comparing weight. We are talking about size, how big is one of the guys compared to the other. Silva would try to use his size against the much smaller GSP. Even if GSP gained weight and weighed the same as Silva, Anderson would be the bigger guy. Silva Vs Jones is not as big a size difference as Silva GSP. Yes Jones is a bit taller and heavier. But so was Bonnar and Griffen and look what happened there. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 5:39 PM
MattBFD
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this fight happens and Andy tko's Jones, I will melt into a little puddle in front of my chair and die happy. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 7:45 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
Doem - 
gabemadrid - Anderson once said he would fight frank Mir at heavyweight Phone Post 3.0

funny thing is he has a better shot against frank mir than he does jones

Probably why he chose Mir; who held the belt, had been KO'd 6 times or something and has no wrestling; instead of JDS, Cain, Brock or almost anyone else.

I thought those things too...but lately Frank Mir is friggin' GIGANTIC in person. Anderson could be in trouble.

Another likely reason Anderson chose Frank Mir...Frank Mir beat his good friend, Big Nog, twice. Anderson wants revenge IMO.
5/2/13 8:21 PM
TheDecider

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Both barefoot, first pic back to back Andy is erect and Bones' spine is bent.....sure looks like more than a 2" difference....

Beep
5/2/13 9:08 PM
Michael Chase

UGSlapshot - If the fight was at 205 its up to Anderson how heavy he comes in at, he can certainly pack on muscle.

He can come in big and cut more or not its still no more unfair than any other fight in the UFC or mixed martial arts for that matter.

That's Basically where I'm at with the whole fighter A is larger than fighter B complaint. Phone Post
Putting on 15+ pounds of muscle takes time when you are twenty - the man is almost 40. Phone Post
5/2/13 9:33 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

TheDecider -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Both barefoot, first pic back to back Andy is erect and Bones' spine is bent.....sure looks like more than a 2" difference....

Beep
Can't believe it took someone over a day. Major beep Phone Post
5/2/13 9:50 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

^^ just now caught the innuendo lol Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:23 PM
Haulport

Von Brawn - 
188-193in the cage in peak shape
198-203 in the cage in peak shape
223-226 in the cage in peak shape

76"
77.5"
84.5"

5'10
6'2"
6'4"

These can't be right. Georges routinely points out that Anderson is like 225lbs going into the cage. Anderson had to beat Weidman before any of this happens though

Anderson would be cutting FORTY POUNDS of water weight if he came into the cage at 225lbs.

No

Just

No

5/2/13 10:51 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vs.

5/3/13 8:32 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Despite that top one being photoshopped, those height differences look very comparable....

So now what is the difference in weight and reach? LOL Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.