UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jim miller...

4/30/13 7:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Goblowyourself
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where does he go from here? I'm a big Fan so it suck he lost on Saturday but props to Pat did not see that coming. Heard rumors of 45 but who can he fight to get back into contention quickly? I'm thinking fuck it let him and BJ do the damn thing for a shot at a title run... Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 8:05 AM
Poptarts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goblowyourself - Where does he go from here? I'm a big Fan so it suck he lost on Saturday but props to Pat did not see that coming. Heard rumors of 45 but who can he fight to get back into contention quickly? I'm thinking fuck it let him and BJ do the damn thing for a shot at a title run... Phone Post 3.0

I don't think he will do any better at Featherweight than Lightweight, possibly worse. I think Jim is just sort of one of those fighters that is truly great and a top guy in the division ( top 15 ) but he will never be a threat to any title. He's well round, technically sound, very conditioned and a good bit athletic but he just doesn't have what it takes.

If Jim stays at Lightweight, I hope he tries to build more muscle to his frame and work on his fast twitch fibers a bit more. He just lost to Healy and Benson they're just so much bigger, more physically powerful. Still I don't think he can go down to FW to escape his problems, I like Jims chances against Healy or Maynard more than a guy like Mendes or Frankie.

4/30/13 8:13 AM
Poptarts

Pitbull3744 - I'm not sure i agree I think that if Jim could get to 45 he could wreck shit! I also think he could stay top 5 in 55 like be is now IMO. Phone Post 3.0

He's clearly not a top 5 LW. I mean, two of the top 5 LW's are playing divisional limbo so it's hard to say who is at this point, but Jim isn't. Jim is on his way out of the top 10 an will need to build his career back up win several consecutive wins before he's put into the contention picture.

4/30/13 8:15 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

145 might be a good move . His last few loses were against bigger fighters and they seem to be able to wear him down after the 1st round.
4/30/13 8:47 AM
Goblowyourself
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poptarts -
Pitbull3744 - I'm not sure i agree I think that if Jim could get to 45 he could wreck shit! I also think he could stay top 5 in 55 like be is now IMO. Phone Post 3.0

He's clearly not a top 5 LW. I mean, two of the top 5 LW's are playing divisional limbo so it's hard to say who is at this point, but Jim isn't. Jim is on his way out of the top 10 an will need to build his career back up win several consecutive wins before he's put into the contention picture.

Although I agree with most of your first post I have to disagree with this one. Out of the top ten? A bit harsh IMO, who would you consider your top ten? Let alone top 5? Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 8:55 AM
Poptarts

Goblowyourself - 
Poptarts -

Although I agree with most of your first post I have to disagree with this one. Out of the top ten? A bit harsh IMO, who would you consider your top ten? Let alone top 5? Phone Post 3.0

Jim is on his way out of the top 10, meaning that he has three recent losses against the more elite fighters in the division so he's probably dropped to like 8-9th and on the decline.

Umm, again it's hard to name the top five not knowing where Frankie and Pettis fit in anymore but with recent loses to Benson, Nate and Healy....there's no way he's top five c'mon.

A cool next fight for Jim would be Masvidal, Sanchez or Pearson.
4/30/13 9:12 AM
Goblowyourself

Never said he was top 5 but is def. in top 10, just had two tough fights in a row. Also if you have Diaz in your top 5 still just c'mon... Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 9:15 AM
Goblowyourself

And you can't put Healy in top 5 yet. Hell of a fighter but he has not been fighting the caliber of guys miller has. Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 9:19 AM
Poptarts

Goblowyourself - Never said he was top 5 but is def. in top 10, just had two tough fights in a row. Also if you have Diaz in your top 5 still just c'mon... Phone Post 3.0

The division is going through a metamorphosis, guys who were thought to be a mainstay at the top of Lightweight like Nate and Jim have had a meteoric fall as of late, while top 5 fighters like Pettis and Frankie left the division. Now between the fast rises of fighters like TJ Grant, Rafael dos Anjos and Khabib Nurmagomedo and the addition of strikeforce Lightweights mainly Masvidal, Melendez Healy and Thompson.

It's hard to say where guys fit at the moment, I just know Jim has no argument to be a top 5 LW, he's on the decline at the bottom of the top 10 or 15 rankings in Lightweight.
4/30/13 9:24 AM
Poptarts

Goblowyourself - And you can't put Healy in top 5 yet. Hell of a fighter but he has not been fighting the caliber of guys miller has. Phone Post 3.0

Well the " caliber of guys " were smashing Jim Miller, but he has beat as impressive of competition as Jim actually.

Ryan Ford twice? Dan Hardy? Paul Daley? Carlos Condit? That's a crazy line up of top WW wins.

First guy to beat Lyle Beerbohm? Caros Fodor? Maximo Blanco? Jim Miller?

Healy has beaten a lot of great competition in two divisions.
4/30/13 9:41 AM
Poptarts

As for where Miller goes from here, I think he hovers around top 8 to 15 of either one or two more years before he starts to age a little bit or gets knocked out badly then takes a descend into retirement.
4/30/13 11:45 AM
Goblowyourself

Frank Gallagher -
Goblowyourself - And you can't put Healy in top 5 yet. Hell of a fighter but he has not been fighting the caliber of guys miller has. Phone Post 3.0
So if he just beat miller, where does that put miller at? Phone Post
I'd put Jim nate and pat all around 6, 7 and 8 Melendez just lost to Ben but is still in top 5. Idk healy's stock def. went up as I didn't (many as well) have him in the top ten before this so he does shoot up, I just feel miller doesn't go too far down as he prob dropped two to three spots I had him 5 prior to this fight Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 11:49 AM
Goblowyourself

Poptarts -
Goblowyourself - And you can't put Healy in top 5 yet. Hell of a fighter but he has not been fighting the caliber of guys miller has. Phone Post 3.0

Well the " caliber of guys " were smashing Jim Miller, but he has beat as impressive of competition as Jim actually.

Ryan Ford twice? Dan Hardy? Paul Daley? Carlos Condit? That's a crazy line up of top WW wins.

First guy to beat Lyle Beerbohm? Caros Fodor? Maximo Blanco? Jim Miller?

Healy has beaten a lot of great competition in two divisions.
Who "smashed" Jim miller beside Nate (when he was injured and sick) and this last fight where Healy got pretty beat up as well? The only two to finish him. I'm not saying he's the best or going to be champion one day but as far as lw division goes he's still one of the best out there. Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 11:49 AM
Goblowyourself

And not taking anything away from Healy I like the guy great fighter Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 11:54 AM
Goblowyourself

Frank Gallagher -
Goblowyourself -
Frank Gallagher -
Goblowyourself - And you can't put Healy in top 5 yet. Hell of a fighter but he has not been fighting the caliber of guys miller has. Phone Post 3.0
So if he just beat miller, where does that put miller at? Phone Post
I'd put Jim nate and pat all around 6, 7 and 8 Melendez just lost to Ben but is still in top 5. Idk healy's stock def. went up as I didn't (many as well) have him in the top ten before this so he does shoot up, I just feel miller doesn't go too far down as he prob dropped two to three spots I had him 5 prior to this fight Phone Post 3.0
So you have him at 8? Phone Post
Yea 7 or 8. Again never said he was top 5 was just saying IMO he is not out of top ten Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 11:57 AM
Hikikomori
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim like guillard and cerrone were made to wait too long for a title shot. These fighters peaked and zuffa ignored it. Phone Post
4/30/13 11:59 AM
Goblowyourself

Yea 7 or 8. Again I didn't say he was top 5 I was saying he shouldn't be out of top ten. The thread was made to see what's next for him Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 12:01 PM
Goblowyourself

Hikikomori - Jim like guillard and cerrone were made to wait too long for a title shot. These fighters peaked and zuffa ignored it. Phone Post
Good post but they were all given the number one contender fights and lost Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 12:03 PM
Goblowyourself

Frank Gallagher -
Goblowyourself - Yea 7 or 8. Again I didn't say he was top 5 I was saying he shouldn't be out of top ten. The thread was made to see what's next for him Phone Post 3.0
Sorry for side tracking it. Phone Post
Lol you may have rustled my jimmies Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 12:04 PM
Goblowyourself

BadMon -
Hikikomori -  Jim like guillard and cerrone were made to wait too long for a title shot. These fighters peaked and zuffa ignored it. Phone Post

lmao

how's the Zuffa's fault.  They lost their key fights in their lives.  They came up short.

Agreed Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 12:05 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a gatekeeper to the top 5-7 imo Phone Post
4/30/13 12:14 PM
goocher
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim could make some waves at 145. He's had a long career at 155 so if he can make a healthy cut down, it would be good for him. A lot of fresh match ups too.
4/30/13 12:14 PM
Goblowyourself

Should he follow the bandwagon and drop to 45? Seems smaller for a lw wonder if he can make the cut... Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 12:15 PM
Goblowyourself

goocher - Jim could make some waves at 145. He's had a long career at 155 so if he can make a healthy cut down, it would be good for him. A lot of fresh match ups too.
Agreed my dude Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 12:34 PM
frederic
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goblowyourself - Where does he go from here? I'm a big Fan so it suck he lost on Saturday but props to Pat did not see that coming. Heard rumors of 45 but who can he fight to get back into contention quickly? I'm thinking fuck it let him and BJ do the damn thing for a shot at a title run... Phone Post 3.0
Stays at 155 and makes bank winning FOTN bonuses for years to come.

Miller always brings it and provides exciting fights. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.