UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jim miller...

4/30/13 3:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadMon - 
Hikikomori -  Jim like guillard and cerrone were made to wait too long for a title shot. These fighters peaked and zuffa ignored it. Phone Post

lmao

how's the Zuffa's fault.  They lost their key fights in their lives.  They came up short.

I think they should have been given their shots earlier.

Forrest got his shot - won the title and lost his 1st defense
Rashad got his shot - won the belt, lost it his 1st defense
Machida got his shot - won and lost
Rampage

Im just saying that when a fighter is on a good run sometimes its better to throw them in a title shot before they lose. Matt Brown is the perfect example. this guy wont sniff a title shot for at least another 3 fights. He will probably lose before then.

Nate Diaz was on a downward skid, peaked at the right time and got his shot.

I know my theory smells like bullshit but i think theres a tiny bit of truth in there.
4/30/13 4:24 PM
Son of Neckbone
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - 
BadMon - 
Hikikomori -  Jim like guillard and cerrone were made to wait too long for a title shot. These fighters peaked and zuffa ignored it. Phone Post

lmao

how's the Zuffa's fault.  They lost their key fights in their lives.  They came up short.

Rampage

Im just saying that when a fighter is on a good run sometimes its better to throw them in a title shot before they lose. Matt Brown is the perfect example. this guy wont sniff a title shot for at least another 3 fights. He will probably lose before then.

I know my theory smells like bullshit but i think theres a tiny bit of truth in there.

There is a tiny bit of truth in there, lodged like a corn kernel in big pile of poopie.

The #1 contender should be given their shot and no one else, with the exception of near immediate rematches. I don't think Matt Brown's own mother believes he ought to be next up for GSP.
4/30/13 4:30 PM
Hikikomori
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone -
Hikikomori - 
BadMon - 

lmao

Rampage

There is a tiny bit of truth in there, lodged like a corn kernel in big pile of poopie.

The #1 contender should be given their shot and no one else, with the exception of near immediate rematches. I don't think Matt Brown's own mother believes he ought to be next up for GSP.
How far off is Matt Brown? He does have 5 wins in a row in the best mma org. In the world. Phone Post
4/30/13 4:49 PM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller is easily top ten. He will never be more than top 5, but there's no shame in that. Top 5 or even top 10 in the toughest division in MMA, in the tough organization in the sport, is one hell of a feat, and more than I've ever accomplished in my entire life combined. He is very well rounded and dangerous for an LW on earth. Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 4:55 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller shoulda gotten his title shot while he was on that 7 fight streak. Instead of Frankie fighting everybody 4 times.

4/30/13 6:20 PM
Hikikomori

HELWIG - 

Miller shoulda gotten his title shot while he was on that 7 fight streak. Instead of Frankie fighting everybody 4 times.

vtfu
4/30/13 6:48 PM
18Doc
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -

This Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 6:54 PM
HELWIG

And I say that not as a friend.

I say that because:

A) How many people in UFC history ever win 7 straight fights? And not eeking out 7 lackluster close ones. Hustling his ass off and finishing guys with subs or pushing them all 3 rounds to take the decision.

I dont care who they are against, 7 wins more than earns a shot in any division going by previous UFC history.

B) He had a history with the champ and a rematch would have been extremely compelling for the knowledgable fan.

FC fighter even devoted a cover story to it: "Edgar VS Miller II: 5 years later."

Huge let down.

ESPECIALLY considerng that the second Maynard fight, and both fights with Ben Henderson were extremely indecisicive and did nothing to determine who the superior fighter was in the eyes of fans.

4/30/13 9:58 PM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking also, didn't Miller beat Bocek and Tibau back to back? The UFC gave him Oliveira and Shalorus after that. Wtf?? After beating those 2 back to back? He should have gotten Nate or a rematch with Maynard, then if we won, get a title shot against Frankie. I mean he lost to Bendo after, but this was before the UFC absorbed the WEC. He might have still lost to Nate, who knows. Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 10:06 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure, probably cerone vs noons loser

But I dont want to see anymore 155'ers drop down.  Doesn't make sense making the entire divison drop down after some losses.  Especially when they're fighting the same people at different weights.  If they do drop i want to see top 155'ers face the current top 145'ers.  not for hypothetical example, Edgar vs Siver if it ever happened.  I'm sure it will if they both end up winning and i'll watch it but i wouldn't want like Jim Miller dropping down to face someone he could have at 155. 

5/1/13 12:25 AM
HELWIG

I was thinking also, didn't Miller beat Bocek and Tibau back to back? The UFC gave him Oliveira and Shalorus after that. Wtf?? After beating those 2 back to back?"

He beat all 4 and was never promoted by the UFC as even being a contender.

Its bullshit and delegitimized the sport.
5/1/13 2:28 PM
MasterofMartialArts

HELWIG - 
I was thinking also, didn't Miller beat Bocek and Tibau back to back? The UFC gave him Oliveira and Shalorus after that. Wtf?? After beating those 2 back to back?"

He beat all 4 and was never promoted by the UFC as even being a contender.

Its bullshit and delegitimized the sport.

Definitely. He DID lose his key fight (Benson), but had he gotten his shot earlier (he may been in his "prime"), he may have won, who knows. He should have gotten promoted and gotten his shot WAY earlier. I remember the Oliviera fight and them talking about his win streak, and thinking "that's a hell of a streak in the UFC". But they never mentioned him being a contender.
5/1/13 10:11 PM
HELWIG

Everyone eventually loses. Fedor did after 10 years.

Theres always another challenger.

Why Miller needed to go through the ex-WEC champ who had already lost to Pettis made no sense.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.