UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight Team Tryouts June 29th-30th Dallas

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
4/30/13 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next Generation MMA Fight Team open tryouts June 29th and maybe 30th. Since I seem to be having a hard time breeding fighters from within, I will be holding an open fight team tryout on June 29th. This is open to everyone around the world including current NG students and non NG students. Please keep in mind that if you make the team you will then be a NG fighter. Head coaches will be me (Chris Brennan) for Jiu-Jitsu and MMA, Kendall Cross (Olympic Gold Medalist wrestler) for Wrestling and Master Thong (Former head coach at Urijah Fabers' Alpha Male. This is a top notch coaching staff and there is nothing like it in Texas or surrounding areas. I set it for 8 weeks out so you have time to get in shape, get your head straight, and make travel arrangements. There will be drilling, there will be conditioning, and there will most likely be fighting or something very close to fighting. I will not be picking a certain number of fighters or fighters per weight class but I'm hoping to put together something amazing team wise. You will need to live locally once you make the team so either you or I will arrange that. Keep in mind John Fitch drove across the USA and slept in his car for 6 months to fight for AKA. I'm expecting the same type of dedication from guys or girls wanting to fight for NG. You will train here for free and give 20% of all fight money and sponsorship money. If you're a current fighter looking for something new or new fighter looking to make it this right here right now is the time and place for you. You will train in one of the top training facilities in the world so let's go. Questions email me chris@chrisbrennan.com PS. Master Thong will be here Sunday coaching full time (party info to come)
4/30/13 2:04 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If i was in texas i would be down!

ttt Phone Post
4/30/13 2:08 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet, TTT

4/30/13 2:08 PM
Kirik
1678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

4/30/13 2:09 PM
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -  If i was in texas i would be down!

ttt Phone Post

You want it you'll be in Texas

4/30/13 2:15 PM
jessethekid
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing you aren't interested in ammys? Phone Post
4/30/13 2:17 PM
XD40GRIP

Bump..

The Place is Awesome guys.
4/30/13 2:18 PM
WestsideStrangler

No sir but if you are going to fight why not fight as a pro against someone else with as few fights as you and get paid for it?  If you punch me in the face and a crowd is watching, and a promoter is making money, you better bet your ass I'm getting paid.

4/30/13 2:18 PM
Rudi

WestsideStrangler -

ttt Phone Post

Maybe a year from now if yall have another tryout when im better financially and skill wise. Phone Post
4/30/13 2:29 PM
TuLegit

I thought master thong still taught at AM? Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 2:54 PM
WestsideStrangler

He will be here full time starting Monday Phone Post
4/30/13 3:02 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -
WestsideStrangler -

ttt Phone Post

Maybe a year from now if yall have another tryout when im better financially and skill wise. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
4/30/13 3:05 PM
Primal
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im so excited! Phone Post
4/30/13 3:15 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump for the master of the mfkn kimura Phone Post
4/30/13 3:35 PM
DanteHec
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in south Texas near McAllen I have no fights and I'll be 21 by then ...I want to go but are you picking peeps with no experience? What if we show amazing skill with no former training? Phone Post
4/30/13 3:50 PM
NTXMMAjunky
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 3:57 PM
T-Ham
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanteHec -  I'm in south Texas near McAllen I have no fights and I'll be 21 by then ...I want to go but are you picking peeps with no experience? What if we show amazing skill with no former training? Phone Post

If you have no former training how can you have amazing skills?

4/30/13 4:07 PM
XD40GRIP

DanteHec -  I'm in south Texas near McAllen I have no fights and I'll be 21 by then ...I want to go but are you picking peeps with no experience? What if we show amazing skill with no former training? Phone Post

If I were you I would just come on June 29th and "Try Out"...
4/30/13 4:15 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where in Texas ate u Phone Post
4/30/13 4:17 PM
DanteHec
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T-Ham -

Because ppl still can get together, train together and share knowledge. I've trained but with crappy no name garage gyms. Phone Post
4/30/13 4:20 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T-Ham -

Evan Tanner bro better reconize Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 4:31 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T-Ham -

Fighters such as former UFC Champion Evan Tanner had learned much of what he knew training on his own. Evan was famous for studying instructional books, videos, and even getting into bar fights to practice his techniques!
But that was over a decade ago before the evolution of MMA. Is that still possible today?
YES.
In fact, I would dare say that it would be easier now than ever before.
How come?
There are so many more resources available to the public now that in the past were guarded secrets. With the growth of the internet and MMA community, it is even possible to be trained online for free by world class instructors such as UFC sensation Alan Belcher, America's Jiu-Jitsu Coach Lloyd Irvin, and my brother Marcos and I.
If that is true, wouldn't there be thousands of UFC keyboard warrior champions?
LOL! The beginner's folly is to think that knowing enough technique is all it takes to become the best.
When I started competing in grappling, I didn't have a BJJ instructor. I didn't know how to do an Omo Plata, or how to sweep from the half guard. In fact, I didn't even train with the GI.
Yet, I was able to defeat BJJ Black Belt World Champions such as Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu, Alexandre "Xande" Ribeiro, Rafael Lovato Jr., and Rener Gracie.
I didn't have access to all the talent and resources that these individuals had, yet I still was able to defeat them.

Evan Tanner was the Man Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 4:33 PM
jessethekid
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestsideStrangler -

No sir but if you are going to fight why not fight as a pro against someone else with as few fights as you and get paid for it?  If you punch me in the face and a crowd is watching, and a promoter is making money, you better bet your ass I'm getting paid.

This is a great point, so you woyldnt mind taking someone who would be a debut pro? Phone Post
4/30/13 4:48 PM
DanteHec

ShoreBreaker420 -
T-Ham -

Fighters such as former UFC Champion Evan Tanner had learned much of what he knew training on his own. Evan was famous for studying instructional books, videos, and even getting into bar fights to practice his techniques!
But that was over a decade ago before the evolution of MMA. Is that still possible today?
YES.
In fact, I would dare say that it would be easier now than ever before.
How come?
There are so many more resources available to the public now that in the past were guarded secrets. With the growth of the internet and MMA community, it is even possible to be trained online for free by world class instructors such as UFC sensation Alan Belcher, America's Jiu-Jitsu Coach Lloyd Irvin, and my brother Marcos and I.
If that is true, wouldn't there be thousands of UFC keyboard warrior champions?
LOL! The beginner's folly is to think that knowing enough technique is all it takes to become the best.
When I started competing in grappling, I didn't have a BJJ instructor. I didn't know how to do an Omo Plata, or how to sweep from the half guard. In fact, I didn't even train with the GI.
Yet, I was able to defeat BJJ Black Belt World Champions such as Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu, Alexandre "Xande" Ribeiro, Rafael Lovato Jr., and Rener Gracie.
I didn't have access to all the talent and resources that these individuals had, yet I still was able to defeat them.

Evan Tanner was the Man Phone Post 3.0
Great post very true Tanner was the man! I've read and seen so many instructionals on mma/BJJ its like I can't afford training! But it was because of my crappy location, it was a ghost Town. Phone Post
4/30/13 5:07 PM
FriendZoned

Do you guys need any heavyweights? Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.