UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor vs. Arlovski: Greatest KO of all time?

4/30/13 6:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
duckhuntgangsta
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovski was getting ready to shock the world. He was out boxing and backing up the undefeated Last Emperor into a corner. His confidence growing, Pitbull readies to unleash a flying knee that dismantled his last opponent in devistating fastion. We all know what happened at that point....a little reminder below: 

4/30/13 6:10 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/30/13 6:11 PM

No. Not even the best KO in 2012.

4/30/13 6:11 PM
duckhuntgangsta
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/30/13 6:11 PM
SupesUp
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't say so, no. Phone Post
4/30/13 6:12 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/30/13 6:12 PM
duckhuntgangsta

ABE FROMAN - 

Just proposing a question...let's examine. What KO would you put up against it? 

4/30/13 6:14 PM
madvillain11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as far as elite guys knocking each other out i cant think of one as good. penn sherk is up there also.
4/30/13 6:17 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/30/13 9:59 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It's up there. That was a complete "Oh Sh*t!!!!!" moment. For all those saying it's not, think about who is KO-ing who. The level of the KO alone puts it in contention.
4/30/13 6:20 PM
ABE FROMAN

duckhuntgangsta - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I thought the Etim kick was better.

Anderson's KO of Vitor was better.

Machida's same-style KO of Couture was better.

Kongo's KO of Barry was much better and more dramatic.

Hendo's KO of Bisping was better....

I could keep at this.

duckhuntgangsta

ABE FROMAN - 

Edson Barboza's wheel kick KO is one of the best, but is it the best?

I believe you have to look at the context of the KO. In the Fedor fight, Andre, the underdog, was proving to be the superior combatant, getting the best of Fedor in several exchanges. Fedor fans were getting nervous, Fedor haters and Pitbull fans started to believe, then in an instant Fedor catches Arloski in mid-air with his unbeaten streak intact. It was a pretty incredible moment in MMA history.

Comparatively, Genomineerd Voor never had Edson in trouble (not that I can remember) and there wasn't a legacy or championship at stake.

Not to take anything away from Edson, but I think there are different way to look at it.
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say its one of them. This is as subjective as P4P or GOAT but it had:

- long time matchup of top guys from rival organizations
- both of Russian/former Soviet stock
- contrasting Arlovski winning up to the KO showing better technique
- Arlovksi then tries to go for the kill but gets blasted in epic and aesthetically pleasing fashion in a comeback moment
- it was also 1 punch
- how many other KOs have been mid-air?
- it also had AA flat on the floor, leaving an impression ala Wand/Rampage II
4/30/13 6:21 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even in the top 10 greatest. Fedor's great, but come on, lets his nuts breathe.
4/30/13 6:21 PM
ABE FROMAN

Anderson/Forest Griffin

Rampage/Arona

Vitor/Vanderlei

Coleman/Williams

4/30/13 6:24 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 04/30/13 6:24 PM
duckhuntgangsta - 
ABE FROMAN - 
Edson Barboza's wheel kick KO is one of the best, but is it the best?

I believe you have to look at the context of the KO. In the Fedor fight, Andre, the underdog, was proving to be the superior combatant, getting the best of Fedor in several exchanges. Fedor fans were getting nervous, Fedor haters and Pitbull fans started to believe, then in an instant Fedor catches Arloski in mid-air with his unbeaten streak intact. It was a pretty incredible moment in MMA history.

Comparatively, Genomineerd Voor never had Edson in trouble (not that I can remember) and there wasn't a legacy or championship at stake.

Not to take anything away from Edson, but I think there are different way to look at it.

I guess if you are factoring in the drama aspect you are right. I thought you just meant from 'what's the better KO' aspect.

I would still put most of my picks above it in most cases since they all have a high amount of drama involved.

4/30/13 6:25 PM
Mrbrownfolks
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite is Vov vs Bueno Phone Post
4/30/13 6:27 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
duckhuntgangsta - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I could keep at this.

The Hendo/Bisping one is obviously up there. The way Hendo kissed his hand and landed the huge follow up made it even greater.

Machida/Couture was cool but Couture was getting schooled all fight. No drama.

Anderson/Vitor was cool, there was def tension in that fight like anything can happen. Vitor had never been schooled like that. The fight was also anticipated.

Kongo had a cool comeback but it wasnt a matchup of Fedor and AA. On the comeback note, there was Smith/Sell, Leben/Martin.

None of them had the beauty of a guy jumping up for a flying knee getting met with a punch from hell getting stopped dead in the air and crashing to the mat lifeless either. The Etim kick was aesthetically awesome but had no drama/weight of a huge matchup.

We can def keep at this.
4/30/13 6:28 PM
Entreri

Top 10.

I personally like Henderson taking out Bisping.
4/30/13 6:29 PM
Dodge135

I approve of this message.
4/30/13 6:34 PM
Wasa-B

Mrbrownfolks -  My favorite is Vov vs Bueno Phone Post

This one is def up there esp for the aesthetic factor of Bueno falling like a chopped tree. Aleks on Ricardo Morais? was similar.

Rampage/Arona is up there.

Wand/Rampage 2. Esp since there were so many doubters of Wand from the first fight because of the GP, 2 fights in a night factor.

CC LHK series on Igor (the most devastating stiker from the early generation), Aleks (how many guys could even touch his head with a foot?) and then the decapitation of Wand in the rematch.

Then Gonzaga on CC for obvious reasons.

Hendo/Fedor as well.

Rashad/Chuck was a pretty cool one.

Rampage/Chuck 2.

Condit/Stun Gun.

Shonie/Serra. Buzzer beater, was on his way to losing. 2nd back fist of the night.

Cung/Franklin was a good recent one.

But Id would still put Fedor/AA up there for sure. It had everything.
4/30/13 6:34 PM
ABE FROMAN

This thread is a throwback to when we actually used to talk about MMA.

Voted up.

4/30/13 6:35 PM
ABE FROMAN

Serra/ GSP

4/30/13 6:38 PM
Wasa-B

superCalo - 

technically some of the other kOs may have been better, but for knocking a guy around in a leaping circle, its the best , sure a nice fancy kick looks very cool, but the way Aloskvi flew around and crumpled face first after the spin, beautiful  in its violent intensity

Add to that it was Fedor and Arlovski...and that Arlovski was beating Fedor, the first time we have seen Fedor losing over a sustained period of time (even though in retrospect it looked greater than it was because of the hype and drama of it live). Add to that, Arlovki was picking Fedor off just prior to backing him into the corner esp with that push kick and then as Roach put it, AA gets "overzealous" and we have one of the greatest KOs in MMA history.
4/30/13 6:39 PM
Wasa-B

ABE FROMAN - 

Serra/ GSP

TKO
4/30/13 6:43 PM
duckhuntgangsta

ABE FROMAN - 
duckhuntgangsta - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I could keep at this.

Great list! 

In context, Andy giving into Vitor's foot fetis was a classic and definately up there. It could be considered almost anti-climatic because it happened so fast very early on after being preceeded by relative little action. 

Machida vs. Couture was even more impressive than Anderson, although Andy did it first. In context, very few expected Randy to win and Lyoto toyed with him until he decided it was time to Randy to retire.

Barry vs Kongo

Context: This was a spectacular sequence. The fan favorite was on the verge of finishing Kongo in devistating fashion yet somehow Cheick recovers to KO Pat cold and a dramatic turn of events. This could be the greatest KO of all time in context of the seqeunce but on could argue Cheick didn't KO Barry in mid air to protect an unprecedented undefeated streak.

Hendo vs. Bisbing:

Easliy one of the greatest KOs of all time, Especially the finishing sequence. This was definately one of the best "holy shit" moments ever. Greater than Fedor Arlovski? I'll leave that for the historians to decide. 

4/30/13 6:44 PM
Bobby Lupo

It's defo up there. It was dramatic, wild and brutal. 

Rampage-Chuck 2 wasn't the prettiest KO, but it was a star maker for Rampage and a heart breaker for post TUF UFC fans who worshipped Liddell. Chuck was killng everybody to death, Rampage looked sluggish against Easton, almost everyone saw Chuck avenging the Pride loss, then like a minute in Chuck whiifs and gets his lights put out.

Sakara-Cote. Not even a 225lb Tito Ortiz or the GOAT Anderson could stop Patrick Cote. Alessio Sakara made it look easy.

Manhoef-Hunt and Tank-Cabbage for the i-never-thought-that-could-be-done-factor. Iron chins cracked

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.