UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Robbie Peralta fails UFC on FUEL 9 drug test

4/30/13 10:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-official-statement-ufc-stockholm-robbie-peralta

Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released the following statement today regarding drug test results from UFC® STOCKHOLM 2013: MOUSASI vs. LATIFI in Sweden on April 6, 2013.

The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. All fighters on the UFC® STOCKHOLM 2013 card were drug tested at the event and all fighters passed their drug tests with the exception of Robbie Peralta.

Peralta tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout. He has agreed to attend drug rehabilitation classes and will receive a 6-month suspension retroactive to the date of the event and must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again. The results of his positive test will be reported to the official Association of Boxing Commissions record-keeper.
4/30/13 10:17 PM
HighFreq
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There will always be a debate on whether marijuana should be legal or not. But the fact is that it is illegal.

I just can't understand why fighters still test positive if they know it will be tested for.
4/30/13 10:20 PM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked horrible in that fight... Akira Corassani had his way with him.

5/1/13 12:46 AM
stickman
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder what they teach in weed rehab.
5/1/13 1:58 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will never understand forcing drug rehab classes for marijuana when quitting nicotine is far harder.

I'm fine with the punishment because it is illegal BUT leave it there and don't go with fucking rehab.

If anything get the guy to do a month of community service and more will benefit than having him sit through awful meetings or a program where he will NOT be honest because the main goal is just to get through it and keep his job. Phone Post
5/1/13 9:55 AM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMFG he smoked WEED!!!

Fine him, take away his primary source of income for 6 months and alert the police!!!

5/1/13 10:12 AM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the win-loss record for weed? Is it worse than that of TRT? Seems so! These stoners keep losing! Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 10:39 AM
epwar
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/01/13 10:40 AM
HighFreq - There will always be a debate on whether marijuana should be legal or not. But the fact is that it is illegal.

I just can't understand why fighters still test positive if they know it will be tested for.

This.

If you're getting busted by the UFC for weed at this point, you're an idiot.  "YES!  I finally made it to the biggest MMA organization in the world.  The be all, end all.  Let me risk it all by getting high one night."

5/1/13 10:50 AM
horsemeat grew my head

duckhuntgangsta -
stickman - Wonder what they teach in weed rehab.

How not to get caught and put back into weed rehab. 

"I use to suck dick for coke! Ever sucked any dick for weed?! Boo this man!" -bob saggett Phone Post
5/1/13 11:08 AM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The cannabis regulations are... mind boggling. It has ZERO impact on sport. They might as well be punishing him for having elevated levels of horse raddish. The people who make these rules need to be kicked right in the balls.
5/1/13 11:10 AM
InvisibleControl

This rule is retarded and needs to be changed ASAP.

If you smoke weed the day of the fight, sure, get suspended. But metabolites meaning you didn't smoke for 2 weeks or more? Fuck that. Ridiculous.
5/1/13 11:14 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

stop injecting marijuana!!!! 

5/1/13 12:03 PM
Chris27

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  I will never understand forcing drug rehab classes for marijuana when quitting nicotine is far harder.

I'm fine with the punishment because it is illegal BUT leave it there and don't go with fucking rehab.

If anything get the guy to do a month of community service and more will benefit than having him sit through awful meetings or a program where he will NOT be honest because the main goal is just to get through it and keep his job. Phone Post

its more of a PR move. A guy in their org is on drugs and fails a test so they send him to rehab to say we tried to help him.

Even if going to rehab for smoking bud is a joke they atleast can say they tried to help him.
5/1/13 12:19 PM
rushinbear
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InvisibleControl - This rule is retarded and needs to be changed ASAP.

If you smoke weed the day of the fight, sure, get suspended. But metabolites meaning you didn't smoke for 2 weeks or more? Fuck that. Ridiculous.

confused... wouldnt that also involve a test or do we sequester fighters for 24 hours prior to fight time? Sounds like we would have another rule....
5/1/13 1:36 PM
TopGrinder

So fighters not allowed to smoke a lol weed but they are all allowed to take TRT up to a 4-1 ratio. Makes total sense. Thank god this sport is not corrupt at all....... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:47 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop testing for marijauna.

5/1/13 1:54 PM
horsemeat grew my head

TopGrinder - So fighters not allowed to smoke a lol weed but they are all allowed to take TRT up to a 4-1 ratio. Makes total sense. Thank god this sport is not corrupt at all....... Phone Post 3.0
6-1 for UFC Phone Post
5/1/13 2:38 PM
SRTGEO

Rehab for weed? just.fucking.lol Phone Post
5/1/13 3:08 PM
Focker101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

horsemeat grew my head - 
TopGrinder - So fighters not allowed to smoke a lol weed but they are all allowed to take TRT up to a 4-1 ratio. Makes total sense. Thank god this sport is not corrupt at all....... Phone Post 3.0
6-1 for UFC Phone Post

Look these are sick people who need there TRT
They have Dr notes and everything...

If they had Dr notes because smoking weed was there medicine it would be allowed.

Ohhh Wait that's not it.

Maybe high consumption of cheetos make you slippery or something.
5/1/13 8:20 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA got in the way of smoking pot, again. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 10:42 PM
ranier wolfcastle
956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

training for a fight cuts lots of fat where the metabolites are stored, so they test + when they think they quit long enough out

something like that anyway...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.