UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Stitch' recounts triage treatment of Jones' toe

4/30/13 10:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At UFC 159 UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones suffered a gnarly broken big toe in his bout with Chael Sonnen. Jones didn't notice the break at the time it occured, but in his post-fight interview was made aware of the toe by Joe Rogan. Although Jones would go to the hospital after the event, veteran UFC cutman 'Stitch' Duran was the first to tend to Jones and do his part:

"I said, 'Jon, are you in any pain? Are you OK?' He said, 'Yeah, I'm OK,'" said Duran, who added that he loosened the wrap slightly when he felt Jones' leg jerk in pain.

As MMAjunkie.com medical consultant Johnny Benjamin noted earlier, infection was a serious danger for Jones, who was fitted with a makeshift boot and briefly attended the event's post-event press conference at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., before being taken to an area hospital.

"It's like a triage when you're in the battlefields, you've got to get this warrior prepped up so they can take him to the hospital," Duran said. "I was in the right place at the right time.

"I was talking to doctors in Las Vegas, and they were saying [the bandage has] a matrix that really coagulates the blood, but in doing that, not only does it coagulate the blood, it draws the impurities out."

read entire article...

4/30/13 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GROUNDnLB
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was in the right place at the right time? It's not like he's a doctor to my knowledge. They have those ringside. It is not a battlefield, after the fight it's a controlled environment. Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 10:31 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GROUNDnLB - I was in the right place at the right time? It's not like he's a doctor to my knowledge. They have those ringside. It is not a battlefield, after the fight it's a controlled environment. Phone Post 3.0
D
You don't have to over analyze his statement man, he was just making a point Phone Post
4/30/13 10:32 PM
Tankhead
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The news on the front page says "several toe"

Not sure what it means... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:02 AM
dhughes
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That dude was the tits on battlestar galactica.
5/1/13 1:04 AM
dhughes
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/1/13 1:07 AM
dhughes

'Stitch' 

5/1/13 1:20 AM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"As MMAjunkie.com medical consultant Johnny Benjamin noted earlier"

That`s almost as bad as Pearls Super Fight League Mountain Dew Fighters Prep Point.
5/1/13 1:55 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny Benjamin's grin in his photo annoys me.

You can tell he wanted to be famous.

Unlike Dr. Ben Carson who IS famous but only because he became a great doctor who saved so many lives.

Benjamin is a total vanity plate douchebag who likely corrects strangers for not addressing him as "Doctor".

Stitch did a fine job and I'm sure the UFC wasn't about to cut their figurative nose off by not allowing Jones to get the right treatment. Phone Post
5/1/13 3:42 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
"It's like a triage when you're in the battlefields, you've got to get this warrior prepped up so they can take him to the hospital"
Triage has nothing to do with the actual care. It is used to set priorities for patients based of their condition.
5/2/13 1:50 AM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing DW and the UFC have been great at, is getting fighters the best medical attention. That retard said JBJ shouldn't have been eating, but Jon was probably not sedated to get his toe fixed. They would give him a "wrist block" to paralyze his foot. He also said he needed to be in an ER immediately to flush it out, and how does he know they didn't do all that back-stage 5 minutes after the interview?

Why do people take that moron seriously? Sounds like he's being paid by somebody. He has an agenda.
5/2/13 1:52 AM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's wait for Jon to tell us that he didn't receive top-shelf medical treatment. As if the UFC wasn't looking out for their golden boy. Stupid.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.