UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: I’m not retiring. I have a lot of goals

5/1/13 8:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigTedBear
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is plenty left for Chael any of the Brazilian guys Vitor or Wandy even Lyoto down the road Fox card or a main event in Brazil. He is still a draw and knows how to sell a fight and I'm sure he made a nice paycheck with Jones. Phone Post
5/1/13 8:16 AM
mofomike
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael rocks.

5/1/13 8:23 AM
Vikingknee
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fanat - If UFC will not allow TRT anymore (which they should of never allowed) he will have no choice as well as many other fighters. Phone Post
Jesus Christ give it up Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:24 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Sonnen: I’m not retiring. I have a lot of goals"

Sonnen in UFC = 6-6
5/1/13 8:30 AM
jonflesh
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad he's not retiring but wish he chose 185 over 205. Either way happy he will fight again. Phone Post
5/1/13 8:42 AM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -

Sonnen in UFC = 6-6
2 losses to Silva and 1 to Jones, what's your point? Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 9:26 AM
Pride Wanderlei

War Sonnen! Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 9:31 AM
Ghost of Retard
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 

Sonnen in UFC = 6-6

I'd rather be 6-6 in the UFC than 0-0

5/1/13 9:33 AM
dimesnake

Anybody who hates Sonnen's schtick is an uptight asshole and probably a Democrat. The dude is funny and he does it all for show. The real Chael is the guy who coached on TUF and the guy in this interview. Phone Post
5/1/13 9:38 AM
jkd_guy
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/01/13 9:38 AM
video of his comments:

5/1/13 9:50 AM
Lazer MMA

XcessiveZ - 
Lazer MMA -

Sonnen in UFC = 6-6

The combined W/L record of his opponents in his other 3 losses is 21-15 in the UFC.

I think he's overrated, fought in a championship fight he did not fuckin come close to deserving (0-1 @ LHW, loss to Babalu) and needs to just win some fights not talk.
5/1/13 10:21 AM
Swick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Sonnen

5/1/13 10:33 AM
Daverr

205 isnt the spot for sonnen

another run at MW makes more sense
5/1/13 10:39 AM
JetSetter

6-6 in UFC. After next fight he'll have a losing record in the UFC and 14 loses all together.

Not the product I want to see in the cage screaming that he's the best fighter on the Planet. Should be in the WWE. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 10:44 AM
junkyarddogg24

XcessiveZ - 
Lazer MMA -

Sonnen in UFC = 6-6

Here, here.

and our boy Chael P stepped when others stepped down

TEAM DARKSIDE FOR LIFE

5/1/13 11:34 AM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More like Team Decision For Life. For a guy who talks about being a Gangster and how much he enjoys taking the fight to someone he certainly doesn't finish many. Only Stann in the last 5 years. Really??? With all that tough talk??? Pretty pitiful IMO.
5/1/13 11:55 AM
Ghost of Retard
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaddyRich - More like Team Decision For Life. For a guy who talks about being a Gangster and how much he enjoys taking the fight to someone he certainly doesn't finish many. Only Stann in the last 5 years. Really??? With all that tough talk??? Pretty pitiful IMO.

He does decision a lot, but he is constantly working, never stalls,  he's one of the only fighters i've ever been able to say that a 3 round decision was exciting, and the silva fight was 5 rounds , every second he was punching silva in the face.   He does lack finishing power , but it's fun to watch anyway.

5/1/13 11:59 AM
OGT
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see he'll stick around Phone Post
5/1/13 12:01 PM
epwar
652 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
sincitydc - It's really weird to hear him talk up a fight prior and then be so humble after Phone Post 3.0

It's all for show.  What's even stranger is the people who actually believe all the bs and hate him for it.

Yeah, damn those people for wanting -- gasp! -- a competitive fight.  When it ended they should have just shrugged and said, "Hey, his talking was fantastic!"  

5/1/13 12:47 PM
BigBlack23
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghost of Retard - 
Lazer MMA - 

Sonnen in UFC = 6-6

I'd rather be 6-6 in the UFC than 0-0

VTFU. THIS!!!!!  Especialy for the people who have never strapped a pair of gloves on and stepped in a cage or ring to compete, but still have the entitlement to talk shit about anybody who does.

5/1/13 1:25 PM
SQUEEZIE

BJJworks - Good! He shouldn't retire. He was within seconds of beating the two most unbeatable men on earth. I would say that's a pretty could track record.

cant stop laughing...you want chael to pull your hair,is your body ready?
5/1/13 8:40 PM
stonepony

People who want this guy to go away, must not really care about MMA. He's done more for mainstream exposure for the sport, than almost anybody else (Ronda? Brock maybe?). He's probably going to end up announcing on NFL games or something. Like Cossel did, Boxing and the NFL. Maybe NASCAR, which I don't watch, but a lot of people do.
5/1/13 8:57 PM
FightFanUK
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for you chael, he has no reason to retire if he does not want to, looking forward to his next fight as i am sure many others are.
5/1/13 9:01 PM
Winston Wolf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen verses Wanderlei
5/1/13 9:31 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
You can't ever question his courage. Some guys run and some guys stay... Chael stays.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.