UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maia vs. Koscheck expected for August

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/1/13 12:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Demian Maia is a perfect three for three since dropping down to the welterweight division, including his latest a dominating win over Jon Fitch. Generally the UFC tends to match fighters coming off wins with other fighters coming off wins, but not so the case for Maia who is expected to face veteran Josh Koscheck.  The former TUF alumin is coming off a two bout skid and may be matched up with Maia to test the Brazilian against another former one contender and recognizable star:

A welterweight fight is about to be added to UFC 163.

Demian Maia vs. Josh Koschech is slated to take place on the Aug. 3 card, MMAFighting.com confirmed with sources close to the fight after Brazilian Web site News MMA first reported it earlier this week. The UFC has yet to officially announced the 170-pound fight.

read entire article... 

5/1/13 12:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No

5/1/13 12:30 AM
DoomFarmer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

No

I'm not a big fan of this matchup myself.

Maia is on a roll and I'd hate Koscheck killing his momentum by decisioning him. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:30 AM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana and joe silva on a mission to cleanse the WW rankings of wrestlers it seems, and they are using Maia to do so:
Dong
Story
Fitch

Now Koscheck Phone Post
5/1/13 12:34 AM
MostLegit
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:34 AM
KC007
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes no sense for Maia. It's almost insulting.
5/1/13 12:37 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KC007 - Makes no sense for Maia. It's almost insulting.
Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:39 AM
jvwand
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do fighters even try to win any more? They should leonard garcia the whole time and collect money.

Instead, we get a guy who is winning huge fights against top tier opponents having to fight josh fucking koschek because he has a name. Kos should be fighting some up and coming kid, not a contender. UFC is starting to jump the shark for me, marky especially after michael bisping banks more payroll than the god damn champion at $425,000. And dont give me all that sponsorship shit, the ufc makes it harder to sponsor than probably any other org. Besides that, you never hear how any other athletes have their pay lowered because the league thinks their sponsors will make up the difference.

Im done now Phone Post
5/1/13 12:55 AM
hogh20

Maia by flying gi-choke with no gi.
5/1/13 12:59 AM
new erabrim

Edited: 05/01/13 12:59 AM
Relax dude. Maia Isn't complaining I'm sure of that, to be honest he might get the title shot off this victory if anything or a contender fight. Kos is coming off a title fight with GSP then gets knocked out by Robbie fucking Lawler of all people and you think he should fight low competition? Seems backwards. Either way you you need to relax I cant believe you get that upset about it really.
5/1/13 1:01 AM
Jeon Sa
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three fight skid bye bye Kos Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:07 AM
MTH
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the matchup.

Maia's really carrying the torch for BJJ in the UFC nowadays. I've really enjoyed having the "insane grappler" Maia back over the "serviceable boxer" Maia we had for awhile.

Maia smeared Fitch all over the canvas. If he repeats it with Koscheck I think he may very well get the next title shot. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:15 AM
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see kos using reverse wrestling and head hunting but not connecting and Maia winning close lackluster decision Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:17 AM
da Vinci 81
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird. I don't get the point of matching up a guy on the verge of a title shot with a guy who's no longer a contender. It never makes no sense to me why they risk killing off one contender without building up another.

Maia should have been paired up with Lawler or Saffiedine, not someone coming off a loss.

5/1/13 1:26 AM
joshavard
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jvwand - Why do fighters even try to win any more? They should leonard garcia the whole time and collect money.

Instead, we get a guy who is winning huge fights against top tier opponents having to fight josh fucking koschek because he has a name. Kos should be fighting some up and coming kid, not a contender. UFC is starting to jump the shark for me, marky especially after michael bisping banks more payroll than the god damn champion at $425,000. And dont give me all that sponsorship shit, the ufc makes it harder to sponsor than probably any other org. Besides that, you never hear how any other athletes have their pay lowered because the league thinks their sponsors will make up the difference.

Im done now Phone Post
Did they include Jones' ppv cut in his salary? Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:28 AM
wufwugy

hate this fight unless its understood that if maia can grapplefuck kos, he gets immediate title shot
5/1/13 2:16 AM
shawarma
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Maia focusses on grappling.

This could be similar to Kos vs Hughes if Maia doesn't do his utmost to close distance and grapple. Koschecks wrestling isn't what it used to be and I fancy Maia can find a way to get him down.

Just because your striking has improved, it doesn't mean we want to see you cruise to a decision loss and abandon your bread and butter (i.e. Vinny!)

5/1/13 2:29 AM
DoomFarmer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is setup to be a momentum killer for Maia...

Koscheck will turn it into a sloppy standup shitfest. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 2:36 AM
rudj
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia's ass is Bass!

WAR KOS!
5/1/13 5:45 AM
Joemacka
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia should be fighting someone in the top 5 like condit or diaz Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 7:14 AM
kgastelum928's right nut pimple
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 7:18 AM
Willin
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kgastelum928's right nut pimple -
. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post
5/1/13 7:30 AM
Mit
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kinda like the fight but I don't think Maia should have to fight a guy who lost his last two fights.... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:04 AM
Blipty_Blurred
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After seeing maia manhandle one of the the best wrestlers in mma (fitch) I'm pretty sure Kos doesn't stand a chance. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:08 AM
Royce Nelson
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I didn't see this coming Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.