UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I think I've created a Monster......

5/1/13 5:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nakedwelshman
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I run a store where we sell preowned DVDs, and earlier this week a kid (MAYBE 6 but probably younger) was shopping with his batty old granny who honestly couldn't see more than 3ft in front of her face nevermind judge if a DVD is suitable for little Timmy or not.

After I had to explain that even though it had a Clown on the cover "Four Lions" wasnt suitable for her grandson she went away and came back with a UFC DVD (I can't remember the number but it was the event with Chuck/Randy and Eastman's "Goat Vagina")

As I'm running it through the little boy says

"I love that, does that one have Rey Mysterio in it?"

I tried explaining that this isn't fake WWE stuff and anything he sees on here is real and it's real fighting but she waved me off saying its fine.

This morning they came back in, apparently he's watched it 100x since she bought it, he's been shadow boxing and they want more. Then the kid said something so awesome I wanted to fist bump him there on the spot.

"It's brilliant, my favourite one is the man with a booby missing"

Possibly the best description of Tre Telligman, ever.

FRAT: A Parenting Fail may have just spawned a future GOAT :) Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 6:28 AM
Nakedwelshman
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mods can you sticky this for "I told you so" purposes in about 2028 :) Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 7:30 AM
Jack88
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20 years from now someone will be winning TUF saying

"MMA saved my life. Well, MMA and pre-owned DVDs"

You will just know. Nothing needs to be said. Just a smug nod to the TV.
5/1/13 7:44 AM
NomoRomophobia
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story! Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:42 AM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha that's awesome man. I got into mma the same way renting dvds from blockbuster. He already knows more than my friends if he can even say "tra telligman" Phone Post
5/1/13 8:44 AM
Bin6h4m
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's either going to be the next phenom, or the next American Psycho.

Bet this is how he lets his grandmother know he needs more DVD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4mlPxVWUk Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 9:38 AM
Kirik
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

:-)

5/1/13 9:51 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/01/13 9:53 AM

Rogan I'd like to thank the man  @ the movie store an the man with 1 boobie for helping achieve my dream Phone Post 3.0

5/1/13 10:21 AM
Nakedwelshman

If the next I see him he's wearing a Jaco shirt I might just cry.... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 10:28 AM
The Black Cheez
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, nice. It's always cool to see young kids into MMA. Phone Post
5/1/13 10:55 AM
Richard Tuck
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bin6h4m - He's either going to be the next phenom, or the next American Psycho.

Bet this is how he lets his grandmother know he needs more DVD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4mlPxVWUk Phone Post 3.0

Watching DVDs?

Next MegaColossus, IMO
5/1/13 12:11 PM
Tat2tillidie
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome to see kids get involved with the sport , better than him watching ( Get Rich Or Die Trying ) I like that movie :)

He will learn respect and honor and a great self defense arsenal at the least ...

TTT for a ( Future Legend ) Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:17 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this boy.

Because this boy grew up to be...me. Thank you for teh DVd, my grandama, she is no longer suffer from bad vision! She dead. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:26 PM
RickStorm
1829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Great story

5/1/13 12:33 PM
pennviachoke
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome, please update if he comes back in Phone Post
5/1/13 1:36 PM
maxbrothersinc
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol in Phone Post
5/1/13 1:47 PM
crowbar
778 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/03/13 6:31 PM

Latest I heard is that he is training Bellator & already becoming an animal with a attitude in the dojo.

5/1/13 1:55 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
845 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story. Voted up! Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 2:13 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - I know this boy.

Because this boy grew up to be...me. Thank you for teh DVd, my grandama, she is no longer suffer from bad vision! She dead. Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit! Sorry about your grandma breh.

PS: Four Lions is a great fucking film. At times hysterically funny. 100% recommended. Chris Morris is a comedy genius.
5/1/13 3:28 PM
MediumRareMistake
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feed him Bones Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 3:38 PM
CurtisTheConqueror
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha too cool!
5/1/13 7:58 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reminds me of the first time I saw UFC on a crappy VHS tape at a buddy's house. Must have been '94 or '95. It was so intense and violent I was not sure how I felt about it.

Then for a decade I totally lost track of what would become known as MMA...

Then around '06 or so my sparring buddy got me back into it. Been hooked ever since. Good Times. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:08 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And that old lady drove him there? Phone Post
5/3/13 6:19 PM
Tat2tillidie
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any update ? Wondering what he rented next lol Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 6:50 PM
Nakedwelshman

Sorry guys, had an audit in work so its been fucking mental

YES, he did come back a third time. and the fucking kid knows his stuff lol

We were talking about how "naughty" Sims was for stomping on Mir's head

(this kid must have memorised Goldie by now hes watched it so much lol)

I've offered to keep an eye out for any more MMA DVDS that come in and keep them to one side for him and his face lit up like christmas so we'll see how it goes after the bank holiday

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.