UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Robbie Peralta tests positive for marijuana metabo

5/1/13 9:32 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Featherweight prospect Robbie “Problems” Peralta lost to Akira Corassani via unanimous decision at UFC on Fuel 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi last month. The loss broke a remarkable eight-fight win streak, including three in the UFC.

Now 'Problems' has more problems - his drug test in Stockholm event was positive for marijuana metabolites.

Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released the following statement today regarding drug test results from UFC® STOCKHOLM 2013: MOUSASI vs. LATIFI in Sweden on April 6, 2013.

The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. All fighters on the UFC® STOCKHOLM 2013 card were drug tested at the event and all fighters passed their drug tests with the exception of Robbie Peralta.

Peralta tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout. He has agreed to attend drug rehabilitation classes and will receive a 6-month suspension retroactive to the date of the event and must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again. The results of his positive test will be reported to the official Association of Boxing Commissions record-keeper.

While societal attitudes towards marijuana are easing enormously, it remains at illegal recreational drug in most jurisdictions, and thus has to be avoided by fighters.

5/1/13 9:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
i remember halloween
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't get it.  You are a professional, act like one.  I hope he gets cut.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.