UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Could Weidman ruin the biggest super fight in MMA?

5/1/13 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

We are literally less than a year away from the possible biggest MMA super fight of all time. What in the unlikely event that Chris comes out on top of Anderson? There goes the $ the UFC will be hoping for and there goes the hopes and dreams of the MMA fan.

Thoughts? 

5/1/13 11:22 AM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he does lose, I suppose they could still book it. Wont be as hyped, but I'm sure lots of people would still watch.

Imo, DFW should stop wasting time talking out his ass and actually get one of these "super fights" done.
5/1/13 11:24 AM
JOESONDO
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't Weidman get "injured" before his fight?
5/1/13 11:26 AM
jude099
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for Silva/Weidman, but I see it going down similar to Silva/Maia.
5/1/13 11:27 AM
meekie01
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just dont see weidman doing it... ive heard it all before and anderson still wins.... nothing ive seen has made ne think anderson wont win... he struggled against chael when he was injured and chael was on peds but apart from that he beat chael easily in the rematch when it was even and he had no difficulty against bonner.

I think silva jones fight end of the year and silva gets cormier In to help trai takedown defence. Phone Post
5/1/13 11:42 AM
horsemeat grew my head

jude099 - I can't wait for Silva/Weidman, but I see it going down similar to Silva/Maia.
Completely different match up of styles. Maia=buttscoot, Weidman=takedown. Silva may win but it will not look like that fight at all. Phone Post
5/1/13 11:51 AM
LEKS

Weidman will mysteriously get injured.... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:10 PM
Sofa King Cool
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could he? Yes.

Will he? Probably not. Phone Post
5/1/13 12:16 PM
Nick Diaz Fan

The fight will go like chael vs Anderson the first fight, weidman will beat on Anderson for fight rounds from top position on the ground but instead of a triangle at the start of the fifth Anderson will land a knockout blow on weidman when he shoots for a takedown Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 12:25 PM
duckrabbit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No could, but likely will. Anderson was crazy not to ask for Jones to begin with. I love him, but he's not going to win every fight against young grinders like that. He needs to make the big money fights while he can. (just like that shifty GSP)
5/1/13 12:41 PM
Choochy
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - Could he? Yes.

Will he? Probably not. Phone Post
This is the answer Phone Post
5/1/13 12:54 PM
GarlicSauce

It could happen. The UFC has a tendency to ruin super fights.

Remember Dos Santos Vs. Overeem? Yeah, UFC killed that one when they gave Cain the chance to fight Junior after only his Bigfoot victory. Now the fight isn't as exciting as when Junior was the undefeated champ.

And now the UFC could ruin another super fight.

I don't mind, it's their money they're losing.
5/1/13 12:57 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't win. Phone Post
5/1/13 1:01 PM
Pessimist_Pete

GSP will probably fight Hendricks next. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:10 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I'm pretty sure Anderson will win, of course Weidman has a decent chance. If he did, it would kill any Superfight with him.

In my opinion, if that happened, we'd be hearing about a new Superfight - Jones/Cain, which I expect is a possibility either way, just based on Jones wanting to move to Heavyweight. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:25 PM
6ULDV8

Weidman takes this.

He's a HUGE threat to The Spider.

5/1/13 1:27 PM
hubris
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the only superfight I want to see is Jon Jones vs Cain Velazquez
5/1/13 1:37 PM
buckshot44
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, yes he can.  I hope he does actually.  We could use a change of guard.

5/1/13 1:40 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 - 

Yes, yes he can.  I hope he does actually.  We could use a change of guard.

I love Anderson Silva as much as everybody else, but I kinda agree with this, shit's pretty stale atm, Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones.. arguably Aldo too, "unbeatable" for so long.

It's more fun when titles change hands, at least I think so.
5/1/13 1:40 PM
sparkuri

He won't win. He's not in the same class.

That said, when is the last time we saw a "superfight" ?

1996 ?

What in the hell makes anyone actually believe Zuffa doesn't care about money anymore ?

Draws:

Jon Jones

George St.Pierre

Anderson Silva

These three guys could fight anyone on PPV with a shitty to mediocre card behind it, win their respective fights, keeping their "legacies" in tact (therefore $), and keep the ball rollin'. Why does ANYONE believe a word out of Dana's mouth ? Besides, what power does he really have ? Aren't the Fertittas pulling the strings since the beginning ?

They've been talking about St.Pierre/Anderson since before Alves/St.Pierre @ UFC 100. What year was that ?And fans have been clamoring for Jones/Silva for nearly 3 years. Meanwhile, Chael and Vitor have both fought Jones, while the "GOAT" is fighting Okami, Bonnar, and now some dude named Weidman, who other that a nifty elbow to Munoz, isn't even on the radar. Zuffa pumped up that shit fight, they pumped up Chael (who somehow talked and grinded his way to nearly beating the Zuffa "GOAT"). Andy took a year off to bulk up(injury) to make DAMN sure Chael-2 didn't lay n pray a victory over spidey.

Does anyone actually believe these two will EVER fight ? Other than a retirement fight, or 2.5 billion(Anderson's words), these two will never touch gloves. And they will get you nerds(Dana's words) to accept and respect that over time, despite allllllllll those promises of "the best guys in the world, fighting each other, three times a year".

ANY other organization would've made this fight 2 years ago. But then, they would've had to, wouldn't they ? M-1 and Strikeforce would've made Fedor vs. anyone happen, and they did.

Pull your heads outta your asses. Dana's JOB, is to take money out of your pockets. And what better way than crumbs toward a rainbow with a promised pot of gold.

BTW. Those nerds on the UG Dana talks about?  They're the ones that think he means the other guys.

5/1/13 1:42 PM
da Vinci 81
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Won't make a difference. Anderson doesn't want the fight anyway. He was content to sit out and fight no one before the Bonnar fight and even after still when the gsp fight didn't materialize.

He was never wanting to fight Weidman and could have had the super fight with jones instead any time he wanted but has chosen not to. Nothing will change win or lose. He'll just fight the next contender at MW. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 1:42 PM
CurtisTheConqueror
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't see Anderson losing this fight. We all know what happens when we think someone has the "formula" to beat him, Anderson always finds a way to win.
5/1/13 1:45 PM
CurtisTheConqueror
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't see Anderson losing this fight. We all know what happens when we think someone has the "formula" to beat him, Anderson always finds a way to win.
5/1/13 1:56 PM
RICKYB
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can and will Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 2:06 PM
6ULDV8

With your superfights, the bigger dude's probably going to win.

What fun.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.