UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Could Weidman ruin the biggest super fight in MMA?

5/1/13 2:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With your superfights, the bigger dude's probably going to win.

What fun.

5/1/13 2:21 PM
RazorMMA
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 3:01 PM
inf0
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We've already seen the result of using your mouth to get a titleshot.. Weidman has nothing for Anderson Silva. He's not even a speed bump.

He's not faced anyone even in the same realm when it comes to MMA skills as Anderson Silva.

Weidman fights Anderson Silva for the title? COOL STORY BRO

5/1/13 3:08 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

horsemeat grew my head -
jude099 - I can't wait for Silva/Weidman, but I see it going down similar to Silva/Maia.
Completely different match up of styles. Maia=buttscoot, Weidman=takedown. Silva may win but it will not look like that fight at all. Phone Post

Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 3:09 PM
ortman166

Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 3:11 PM
ortman166

Examples of Maia but scooting Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 3:16 PM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I re-watched a bunch of Weidman's old fights. If his striking has not improved then Anderson is going to light him up.
5/1/13 3:30 PM
6ULDV8
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's got this.  I feel it in my Bones.

Mark my words, Weidman wins.  He's a horrible matchup for Anderson.

Like Chael Sonnen but with heavier hands.

5/1/13 3:45 PM
triso
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - I re-watched a bunch of Weidman's old fights. If his striking has not improved then Anderson is going to light him up.

If it stays standing yes, but he will most likely get this fight to the ground and I think his ground game is much better than Anderson's.
5/1/13 4:06 PM
horsemeat grew my head

ortman166 - Examples of Maia but scooting Phone Post 3.0
Ok I'm talking about what Maia did in HIs fight against Anderson, and what Weidman is going to do in his fight against Anderson, not in general. Phone Post
5/1/13 4:21 PM
6ULDV8

Weidman takes it.

The Spider's still awesome, but every once in a while these things happen in MMA.

This is one of those times.

Funny thing about it that I just thought of now is the last time one of these things happened, it was Serra and GSP.

Isn't it funny how it all comes together?

5/1/13 5:04 PM
GarlicSauce

On the ground, Silva is superior.

So Weidman will have to use his wrestling to take Silva down and GNP.

But Silva showed nice TDD in his Sonnen fight. He improved a lot.

this means the fight will probably be kept standing. A standing fight between Silva and Weidman will end with utter destruction of Weidman, who's not even remotely close to Silva's level of striking supremacy.

5/1/13 5:48 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 -

SN bet on it? Im confident in Silva...how confident are u? Phone Post
5/2/13 8:24 AM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

triso - 
Dougie - I re-watched a bunch of Weidman's old fights. If his striking has not improved then Anderson is going to light him up.

If it stays standing yes, but he will most likely get this fight to the ground and I think his ground game is much better than Anderson's.

I think Sonnen is one of the best take down artists in the game and his wrestling is top notch. If Anderson had answers for that, 1) when he dealt with Sonnen on the ground and 2) when he improved his take down defense, then I just don't see Weidman having anything for Anderson.

I see Anderson keeping this on the feet and taking Weidman out. Should it go to the ground I can't see Weidman finishing him, except trying to hold him down and eek out a decision, but even there Silva is dangerous and could stop Weidman.

The more I look at this, the less I see Weidman winning.
5/2/13 8:48 AM
Larry Appleton

Weidman DESTROYED Munoz Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:49 AM
Larry Appleton

6ULDV8 -

and he's meaner and younger than Sonnen Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 8:19 AM
WarAJS

anderson beats gsp and jones imo, look fwd to weidman fight
5/3/13 8:28 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 - Won't make a difference. Anderson doesn't want the fight anyway. He was content to sit out and fight no one before the Bonnar fight and even after still when the gsp fight didn't materialize.

He was never wanting to fight Weidman and could have had the super fight with jones instead any time he wanted but has chosen not to. Nothing will change win or lose. He'll just fight the next contender at MW. Phone Post 3.0
Ignores Anderson Dana and ed all saying Anderson wants superfights with Jones and gsp....

Tries to pretend Anderson doesn't want it...

Profit? Phone Post
5/3/13 9:06 AM
6ULDV8

UGCTT_nightkap - 
6ULDV8 -

SN bet on it? Im confident in Silva...how confident are u? Phone Post

Me betting on someone is like the CRE curse.

And I ain't changing my name for nobody no matter what.

Call it a tuck, call it what you want, but Weidman takes this.

Mark my words.

5/3/13 1:20 PM
Doc T
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely. It will be like Floyd and manny. Anderson will get ko'ed by someone who nobody expects, and then jones will go on to be the biggest/best mma fighter of modern times Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 2:10 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
da Vinci 81 - Won't make a difference. Anderson doesn't want the fight anyway. He was content to sit out and fight no one before the Bonnar fight and even after still when the gsp fight didn't materialize.

He was never wanting to fight Weidman and could have had the super fight with jones instead any time he wanted but has chosen not to. Nothing will change win or lose. He'll just fight the next contender at MW. Phone Post 3.0
Ignores Anderson Dana and ed all saying Anderson wants superfights with Jones and gsp....

Tries to pretend Anderson doesn't want it...

Profit? Phone Post
Dismisses Anderson's outright refusal of the fight and all rational logic of him having little to no interest in it.

Buys Brooklyn bridge from Dana.

Profit?? Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 3:01 PM
6ULDV8

Spaghetti and meatballs.  The diet of champions.

5/3/13 3:51 PM
luctaro
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pookie - If he does lose, I suppose they could still book it. Wont be as hyped, but I'm sure lots of people would still watch.

Imo, DFW should stop wasting time talking out his ass and actually get one of these "super fights" done.

Talking out of his ass is one of Baldfather's biggest ways to make the fight happen, because he cant force any of them to jump weight, but he forces the idea into the MMA fans and they in turn will talk about it and demand it from fighters.
5/3/13 4:13 PM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
MentaL - 

We are literally less than a year away from the possible biggest MMA super fight of all time. What in the unlikely event that Chris comes out on top of Anderson? There goes the $ the UFC will be hoping for and there goes the hopes and dreams of the MMA fan.

Thoughts? 

if Weidman wins he will immediately be mounted on top of the maddest hype train there has ever been for anyone since 400-0 Rickson

at the same time, he will have to do it all over again because sure as fuck there will be an immediate rematch. The rematch would sell mega PPV. Not like AndersonvsGSP/Jones but enough to ensure that nobody cries too much to the bank
5/3/13 4:34 PM
triso
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie - 
triso - 

I think Sonnen is one of the best take down artists in the game and his wrestling is top notch. If Anderson had answers for that, 1) when he dealt with Sonnen on the ground and 2) when he improved his take down defense, then I just don't see Weidman having anything for Anderson.

I see Anderson keeping this on the feet and taking Weidman out. Should it go to the ground I can't see Weidman finishing him, except trying to hold him down and eek out a decision, but even there Silva is dangerous and could stop Weidman.

The more I look at this, the less I see Weidman winning.

His ground game is much different than Chael's. He's much better submission grappler. He's very good at maintaining position while landing strikes to transition into submissions. Not many people fight that way on the ground these days.

I think he's a much better grappler than Silva (who IMO seems to have a more defensive old school BJJ ground game).

Who knows. Looking forward to the fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.