UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kongo situation makes more sense now

5/1/13 8:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrHughes1991
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently he was offered a new contract before the Nelson fight and the two sides couldn't come to an agreement. And after the fight (the big country fight was the last on his contract) they decided not to renew his contract. Makes more sense than cutting him Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:06 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, I am probably not the only person who hated the majority of his fights. Guy should have been way more exciting than he usually was.

5/1/13 8:08 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed him. He changed quite a bit though after Mir Or Velasquez I think. But he's under the same manager as rampage, I can see why they couldn't agree. I hope he does well where ever he goes. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:08 PM
MrHughes1991
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Also, I am probably not the only person who hated the majority of his fights. Guy should have been way more exciting than he usually was.

Yeah I agree. He seemed to be a decent striker when he opened up. But his strategy was all to often to clinch and knee his opponent in the balls then hold em against the cage Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:09 PM
Chris27

I wonder if they regret not taking the deal.

he was making 70/70 or something like that and was probably offered a lesser contract because he isnt a top HW, in the mix for a title shot or that exciting of a fighter.

So he turned it down probably figuring he knocks Roy out and he will either get a bigger offer from teh UFC or a bigger offer from another org. instead he gets knocked out and the UFC decides ok see ya latter.

I wonder if he regrets not taking what was offered.

I'm sure WSOF is already on the phone with him.
5/1/13 10:10 PM
Haulport

Tough SOB but I agree with orcus that most of his fight were boring.

5/1/13 10:21 PM
JOESONDO
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.