UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JOE ROGAN???!!! WHY YOU MAKE A

5/2/13 12:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mihow
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings 21: why don't you have another listen, we clearly heard the same thing said but have two wildly different opinions on it, he said bad things about Lloyd and the things he has done (marketing wise) literally 4-5 times.

Also, he says Lloyd is a friend and seems to have interacted with him on several occasions. Maybe he felt like he went over board on the other podcast with what he said?
5/2/13 12:13 AM
bakobell
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow -
time traveling 12er - 
Mihow - 
time traveling 12er - 
Mihow - His opinion sounds exactly like mine on the subject

... Except I have zero idea who Lloyd was / is before the vitriol on this website

You guy's are absurd nancies when it comes to this sort of stuff

Not the rape stuff ... I'd like to stop that before people put words in my mouth. But the 'OMG THIS MAN HAS AN OPINION OTHER THAN MINE'

Joe basically shits on his whole scam so far @22min mark

Isn't this just you freaking out about us not agreeing with your opinion?

no this is me stating my opinion

the weird shit like NOOOOOOOOOOO or I turned the podcast off and might never listen again, shit is people freaking out

I dunno man, I see a lot of caps.  You seem rather emotional going as far as attacking everyone in the thread that doesn't think like you.  Even if you are stating your opinion, isn't that what everyone else is doing here?  My opinion is that I'm rather disappointed that Joe would defend Lloyd right after trashing him on a show before.  You seem like the most unhinged person in this thread.

Fine ... I am freaking out about a bunch of Internet dorks who are freaking about one of their Gods saying something they don't like

Would you like me to capitalize any of that?
I disagree with joe on plenty of things that come out of his mouth. Likethatshisoponionman. But this is different. Joe on numerous occasions has boasted about his judge of character. And even if his instincts aren't on key here he's excusing and then praising a man that should be shunned- that should be called out- that is a piece of garbage, with a history of trying to not only lie but bury any iota of truth about who he really is. Same with this forum on proven occasions. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 12:14 AM
Kings21
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow - Kings 21: why don't you have another listen, we clearly heard the same thing said but have two wildly different opinions on it, he said bad things about Lloyd and the things he has done (marketing wise) literally 4-5 times.

Also, he says Lloyd is a friend and seems to have interacted with him on several occasions. Maybe he felt like he went over board on the other podcast with what he said?

I gotta admit that I didnt listen to it all but what I did listen to was that this guy Rogan knows has some shitty scam shit going on, a cheesy and fake email, and that there is a mention online of a sexual situation that he's dealing with. I heard him go on about how bad the marketing shit is. He (at least the part I listened to) avoided mentioning rape. If he did specifically mention rape then I apologize.

I understand that he's probably friendly with Lloyd but theres no way I'd be defending a friend about being a rapist when you have Lloyds past. Maybe he felt like he went overboard and of course we arent the ones that are possibly being threatened with lawsuits but I personally dont feel like what he said was overboard or even close to it. But like I said, if he didnt want to ruffle feathers then he should have just not even mentioned it and kept quiet like he has been all this time.
5/2/13 12:17 AM
rundymc

CRMartin11 - 
time traveling 12er - 
Rambo John J - he seemed unsure of validity of charges?

Cliffnotes please

It opens with Joe mentioning that he made fun of a web site on the last podcast.  Lloyd called him, complained,  and stated his case.  Joe then kind of rambles and defends his comments saying his web site is weird so it's opening itself up for being made fun of.  But then starts saying he likes Lloyd.  Says every interaction has been great with him, he makes a lot of money and makes a lot of money for other people.  Says there's a lot bullshit on the net.  Calls hims an amazing marketer.  Says Lloyd got busted for faking an email to himself, where he pretended there was an email from an expert praising him but it was really just Lloyd writing it.  Lloyd stance is that it's no different than a paid famous person saying a product is great when they don't think so.  Even if the comments are fake, his product is good so it's ok.  His guest disagrees, but Joe actually defends Lloyds version of it.  Says he can see it that way and that it was fascinating.  Says that Lloyd treating his audience like idiots makes him look silly and opens him up to ridicule.  No mention of the rapes or the current issues.

This is an amazing summary of events. I watched both podcasts twice and this is dead on accurate. Anyone who hasn't listened to the podcasts read this.

I agree mate but... No. Just listen to it. 18:50 of the video posted on the front page. The whole thing lasts about three minutes anyway.

Personally I didn't think Joe said anything THAT bad. I disagree about the marketing stuff quite vehemently, but it seems to me he was just intrigued with what Lloyd said. So yeah, IMO, this thread is an over-reaction.
5/2/13 12:17 AM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - 
Kings21 - Its not just about differing opinions. I disagree with Rogan all the time but listen to most of his podcasts, sometimes skipping based on the guest. I also disagree with the hosts of other podcasts I listen to. Its about 1)calling someone out on their bullshit and then ONE PODCAST LATER flip flopping because that someone gave you a phone call. If you dont want to ruffle feathers then dont bring it up on your podcast. Trying not to say Irvins name is just silly. 2) Its also about supporting rape and rape culture. I laugh at rape jokes just as much as I'll laugh about killing someone or ripping off their nuts or whatever it is but when you get back to reality and realize that the only thing that kept Irvin from having a rape conviction was the fact that he couldnt get his dick hard is nothing to take lightly. Not to mention his students raping another student, his Sambo coach and others.

I have a hard time believing Joe doesnt know all of this, he frequents the site enough but to say its internet rumor bullshit is ignorant and irresponsible. I dont like to bring peoples family into this but I wonder if Joe would let his kids train with Irvin. I know I wouldnt. Doesnt matter how many years after he was acquitted. Just like I wouldnt have let my kids go sleep at Neverland Ranch after not one but two molestation trials.

I love listening to Rogan go on and on about bigfoot and aliens but I've been wondering why he's kept quiet on this matter for so long until now, only to bitch about money making scams and then take it all back the next day.

Joe I thought you were all about calling out the fuckery.

really well thought out post. I completely agree. Joe would you let your daughters train with Lloyd Irvin?

this reminds me of the chappelle show sketch where dave is in court and they ask about michael jackson. chappelle says michael jackson is not guilty, and then the prosecutor asks "so you would let your children sleep with michael jackson?" and chappelle says "FUCK NO!"

5/2/13 12:20 AM
Wicked smahtMF

say it aint so Joe
5/2/13 12:21 AM
rundymc

Kings21 - Its not just about differing opinions. I disagree with Rogan all the time but listen to most of his podcasts, sometimes skipping based on the guest. I also disagree with the hosts of other podcasts I listen to. Its about 1)calling someone out on their bullshit and then ONE PODCAST LATER flip flopping because that someone gave you a phone call. If you dont want to ruffle feathers then dont bring it up on your podcast. Trying not to say Irvins name is just silly. 2) Its also about supporting rape and rape culture. I laugh at rape jokes just as much as I'll laugh about killing someone or ripping off their nuts or whatever it is but when you get back to reality and realize that the only thing that kept Irvin from having a rape conviction was the fact that he couldnt get his dick hard is nothing to take lightly. Not to mention his students raping another student, his Sambo coach and others.

I have a hard time believing Joe doesnt know all of this, he frequents the site enough but to say its internet rumor bullshit is ignorant and irresponsible. I dont like to bring peoples family into this but I wonder if Joe would let his kids train with Irvin. I know I wouldnt. Doesnt matter how many years after he was acquitted. Just like I wouldnt have let my kids go sleep at Neverland Ranch after not one but two molestation trials.

I love listening to Rogan go on and on about bigfoot and aliens but I've been wondering why he's kept quiet on this matter for so long until now, only to bitch about money making scams and then take it all back the next day.

You are seriously stretching it with no. 2. Saying anything positive about Lloyd Irvin's marketing tactics means you support rape culture? Come on now.
5/2/13 12:22 AM
TalkShowOnMute
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do not think Joe was talking about Lloyd in that other podcast , I was literally listening to that one only a few hours ago. He said that he met a bad ass black belt that was a killer... The guy ran away fled and they caught him when he started teaching jujitsu again. So whoever that is Phone Post
5/2/13 12:23 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to say it's funny Joe banned a "musician" (I'm sure a few of you know who it is) for less than what Lloyd's been doing.
5/2/13 12:25 AM
TalkShowOnMute
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - I have to say it's funny Joe banned a "musician" (I'm sure a few of you know who it is) for less than what Lloyd's been doing.
Cryptic...I like the hinting Phone Post
5/2/13 12:25 AM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His last podcast he spent 25 minute or so making fun of it an all kind of shit ... Now he back pedals ?!?!?!? Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 12:26 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes it burns when I piss...
5/2/13 12:29 AM
Kings21
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rundymc - 

You are seriously stretching it with no. 2. Saying anything positive about Lloyd Irvin's marketing tactics means you support rape culture? Come on now.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I didnt say that saying positive things about Lloyds marketing tactics equals supporting rape culture. You kind of took parts of my post and mashed them together. My #2 point was not equating a positive opinion on marketing tactics and rape culture. It was that Rogan has just as much access to all this info as all of us do and he glossed over the rape stuff with something like (paraphrasing here...) "a sexual situation". A Governor emailing dick-pics to a secretary is " a sexual situation." Avoiding rape on a technicality is not.

I dont think I stretched anything.
5/2/13 12:33 AM
Kings21

TalkShowOnMute -  I do not think Joe was talking about Lloyd in that other podcast , I was literally listening to that one only a few hours ago. He said that he met a bad ass black belt that was a killer... The guy ran away fled and they caught him when he started teaching jujitsu again. So whoever that is Phone Post

Think I know the one you are talking about. Its not the same one. I think the one you're talking about Joe says something like "the guy just couldnt stay away from jiu jitsu...he loved training so much that he couldnt stay away" (and the guy got pinched or something).

The ones we're talking about are the most recent ones. I believe its the one where its just him and Redban and then the beginning or the Ari+Amy Schumer one. Might be wrong on the Ari-Schumer though.
5/2/13 12:34 AM
bakobell

rundymc -

Dude. Not trying to argue with you or be shitty, but how many rapists do you know? How many do you associate with? Lloyd Irvin literally is surrounded by rapists. 1 rapist shame on Lloyd Irvin. 2 rapists - Lloyd plus his sambo coach shame on them both. But then you add more rapes - his students. Then you add his frothing out of control cover up and denial of what kind of environment he seems to be a magnet of..... And well. How many rapists do you know? It's not coincidence after a while. It's who he is and the people he surrounds himself with. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 12:37 AM
Kick Boxe
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wicked smahtMF - say it aint so Joe

5/2/13 12:37 AM
Kick Boxe
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - I have to say it's funny Joe banned a "musician" (I'm sure a few of you know who it is) for less than what Lloyd's been doing.

Elaborate? No reason not to share

5/2/13 12:39 AM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub 4later, thread is GREYED out. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 12:41 AM
Kick Boxe

Kings21 - 
TalkShowOnMute -  I do not think Joe was talking about Lloyd in that other podcast , I was literally listening to that one only a few hours ago. He said that he met a bad ass black belt that was a killer... The guy ran away fled and they caught him when he started teaching jujitsu again. So whoever that is Phone Post

Think I know the one you are talking about. Its not the same one. I think the one you're talking about Joe says something like "the guy just couldnt stay away from jiu jitsu...he loved training so much that he couldnt stay away" (and the guy got pinched or something).

The ones we're talking about are the most recent ones. I believe its the one where its just him and Redban and then the beginning or the Ari+Amy Schumer one. Might be wrong on the Ari-Schumer though.

both links on first page here

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2168945&page=1

5/2/13 12:41 AM
MachidasBrew

I tried listening to the JRE today for the first time and I hated it. First podcast show I've ever seen as well and i just absolutely couldn't stand it for more than 3 minutes, it's like a talk show on the radio that doesn't flow too well. I like Rogan as a commentator and comedian though, and he's a smart dude. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 12:45 AM
Kick Boxe

MachidasBrew - I tried listening to the JRE today for the first time and I hated it. First podcast show I've ever seen as well and i just absolutely couldn't stand it for more than 3 minutes, it's like a talk show on the radio that doesn't flow too well. I like Rogan as a commentator and comedian though, and he's a smart dude. Phone Post 3.0

Hard to judge something on 3 minutes considering the broad range of guests and topics he discusses. Try at least 2 full podcasts featuring guests you are interested in, still may not be your cup of tea but at least you'll not be talking out of your ass with your opinion

5/2/13 12:47 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/02/13 12:48 AM
Edit disaster.
5/2/13 12:48 AM
rundymc

Kings21 - 
rundymc - 

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I didnt say that saying positive things about Lloyds marketing tactics equals supporting rape culture. You kind of took parts of my post and mashed them together. My #2 point was not equating a positive opinion on marketing tactics and rape culture. It was that Rogan has just as much access to all this info as all of us do and he glossed over the rape stuff with something like (paraphrasing here...) "a sexual situation". A Governor emailing dick-pics to a secretary is " a sexual situation." Avoiding rape on a technicality is not.

I dont think I stretched anything.

Ah, fair enough mate. It was a long post and it's early here, hahah, my apologies.
5/2/13 12:49 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Edited: 05/02/13 12:49 AM
FFS
5/2/13 12:50 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

CRMartin11 - what did Joe ban the musician from? From attending UFC events? From his forum on joerogan.net? You don't need to tell us who the musician is, but come on give a little more detail please. If you PM me the story I have a very interesting Rogan story too. Not lying.

Joe banned him from his site for using dummy accounts to promote his music. He explained it in the podcast at about the same time he started talking about Lloyd, which is why it's interesting. I'm not going to say who it is because because I don't want to export the drama from the JRF here and those of you who post on there probably already know who it is or can make a good guess.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.