UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JOE ROGAN???!!! WHY YOU MAKE A

5/2/13 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kano350chevy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
5/2/13 6:24 PM
crumbs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kony 2012
5/2/13 6:42 PM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - 

Lol, holy shit.  Got downvoted three times in an hour in this thread. 

EDIT: Make that 4.  LI internet assassins hard at work I guess.

Same here. There seems to be so many that agree that don't hit the VTFU icon but all the disagreeing TLI shills love VTFD in an instant. i wish people who agree showed some love time to time.
5/2/13 6:45 PM
icon115
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU cheesesteak
5/2/13 6:55 PM
SimonSu

Much respect to Joe for forming his opinion, keeping an open mind and not jumping to conlusions knowing he'll get jumped on by the angry mob. 

Personally I don't know if he did it or not. The evidence I've seen was him admitting he wanted to have sex with the girl but couldn't but I haven't seen him admit to rape. There's also to not so small matter of the left out evidence.

>>The attacks ended shortly after 1 a.m., she said, and she fell asleep. The next morning, she said, she woke up and Gatling "seemed like nothing had happened."

Gatling, she said, allowed her to shower and then drove her back to her dorm room on campus. She said she called her "big brother," an older student who helped her get acclimated to the school, and her mother before calling the police.

Defense attorney Smith, who represents Gatling, and John J. Rice, who represents Irvin, questioned why the woman would go somewhere with men she barely knew and claimed she cried rape only when confronted by her "big brother."

Before the trial began, Circuit Judge Robert W. Curran prohibited the attorneys from presenting evidence that the girl had a sexual relationship with her "big brother."<<

I mean, it's the US and he was a young black man. I'll reserve my judgment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybGo6hALVo

5/2/13 7:00 PM
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voted up, cheesesteak
5/2/13 7:03 PM
mofomike
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where you at Joseph? Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 7:04 PM
OSBtro11

How about you guys worry about your own life a little more? Clean the cheetoh dust off your cock and fingers. Take a shower , go running or make a friend? Or you know... Keep being a nerdy pussy trying to stir up shit on the net to make yourself feel important and get some cool fake Internet points next to your name. Phone Post
5/2/13 7:17 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSBtro11 - How about you guys worry about your own life a little more? Clean the cheetoh dust off your cock and fingers. Take a shower , go running or make a friend? Or you know... Keep being a nerdy pussy trying to stir up shit on the net to make yourself feel important and get some cool fake Internet points next to your name. Phone Post
Fuck you, you can't make me shower Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 7:37 PM
GuillotineNoCanDefend

Capslock17ny - After 350+ podcasts of 1-3 hour length, Joe Rogan says 30 seconds that people largely disagree with and they're ready to stop listening? That's just...odd to me.

Newsflash. You don't have to completely show unabated hate for someone at all times because they did something heinous. If Rogan says all of his personal interactions with Irvin were good, they probably were. It doesn't negate the shit Irvin's done, but that's not a mortal sin to feel that way.

He made no real mention of the rape cases, he simply said that in the marketing/website world, what he did is similar to what a lot of companies do. Rogan never said "I support Irvin raping his own students", and people really need to stop acting like that's what happened because he said he liked the guy and commented objectively on his marketing techniques.

I may not agree with him, but I'm not so fast to turn on a dude who's given me countless hours of free entertainment and new information through his various guests.

I really dislike Lloyd Irvin for the things he did, but Rogan feels how he feels and says what he says. I still agree with about 90% of what he says, so I'm not abandoning the podcast over one disagreement no matter how heinous it may be. Period. Stop looking for a reason to be so outraged. This is not one of them.

This.
5/2/13 7:52 PM
Donoghue88
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shocking. Seems out of character for Joe.
5/2/13 8:10 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/02/13 8:15 PM

Probably got some 'pressure' from TLI 'attorneys' over the previous comment. 

Had to walk it back and make nice.  

Notice that Lloyd doesn't care about the rape-culture stories, (he thinks it'll blow over in a year or two), but he vigorously attacks anyone who hints that his seminars are scams.  Lloyd's money comes from the seminars and 'Real Playa Copyright Throwdown' events, the school is just what keeps his scam running in the BJJ market.

Joe - want to know know how Lloyd 'makes money for a lot of people'?  By teaching them how to rip off a lot more people.  It's a pyramid scheme of fucking people over.  But I guess it's OK, as long as your pals are making a lot of money, and only strangers get screwed over...right?

5/2/13 8:20 PM
Subvertir

It's sort of a fucked up thing, but I've always looked at Rogan as a sort of moral compass. I've had the pleasure of having a few interactions with him (omg humblebrag) and I admire the way he treats people. I have a pretty intense mean streak and my first impulse is usually to start talking shit to such an extent that in past I've been accused of not having a conscience, but denying that feels much better. Being compassionate is an ongoing struggle.

I believe there's a big part of Rogan that would straight up beat Lloyd Irvin to death with no hesitation if he detected even a hint of sociopathic behavior around his family or friends. No doubt in my mind that in some sort of clutch situation, Rogan would dispatch him with extreme prejudice, either verbally or physically or both.

But there's no point in him talking about that, it doesn't serve any purpose. We all know that Lloyd Irvin is a piece of shit and a terrible copywriter. Pointing this out and mocking him accomplishes nothing, while giving credit for his accomplishments (such as they are) is actually the harder, ballsier, and more professional move.
5/2/13 8:37 PM
MaddogMorgan
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm I am disappointed in Joe Rogan.
5/2/13 9:07 PM
wiggum
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe got in a huge fight with comedian Jamie Kilstein over the idea of rape culture. Joe was arguing against the idea that rape culture exists.

Because of the argument, Kilstein received death threats; had his twitter hacked; and was harassed through twitter.

And now look what we have.
5/2/13 9:39 PM
jtc2112
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
5/2/13 9:43 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

wiggum - Joe got in a huge fight with comedian Jamie Kilstein over the idea of rape culture. Joe was arguing against the idea that rape culture exists.

Because of the argument, Kilstein received death threats; had his twitter hacked; and was harassed through twitter.

That guy also trains BJJ, you'd think he and Joe would get along. Phone Post
5/2/13 9:43 PM
AbbottMary

I love joe rogan with all my heart, and i understand that taking a huge stand against lloyd irvin could fuck you up, so i forgive him for being hypocritical on this one. But i certainly DO acknowledge him being hypocritical because FUCK LLOYD IRVIN.
5/2/13 9:47 PM
AbbottMary

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
wiggum - Joe got in a huge fight with comedian Jamie Kilstein over the idea of rape culture. Joe was arguing against the idea that rape culture exists.

That guy also trains BJJ, you'd think he and Joe would get along. Phone Post

Kilstein defended a heckler, thats the end of it. It wasn't about rape it was about heckling.
5/2/13 9:54 PM
EazyG

Joe has not shown moral courage on this issue.

I have lost some respect for him.
5/2/13 9:55 PM
EazyG

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing...
5/2/13 10:19 PM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSBtro11 - How about you guys worry about your own life a little more? Clean the cheetoh dust off your cock and fingers. Take a shower , go running or make a friend? Or you know... Keep being a nerdy pussy trying to stir up shit on the net to make yourself feel important and get some cool fake Internet points next to your name. Phone Post
Those are cheese balls man get it right. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:29 PM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/02/13 10:32 PM
OSBtro11 - 

How about you guys worry about your own life a little more? Clean the cheetoh dust off your cock and fingers. Take a shower , go running or make a friend? Or you know... Keep being a nerdy pussy trying to stir up shit on the net to make yourself feel important and get some cool fake Internet points next to your name. Phone Post

pecker head!
5/2/13 10:30 PM
MantainPain

Love joe in many ways, but just like anyone who's making money off entertainment, there will always be some degree of selling out.

You need to be mentally strong enough to ignore a lot of it and focus on the good stuff he brings to the table.

That being said I did not infact hear what he said about lloyd (im at work), so my comment should only be taken with that in mind.
5/2/13 10:49 PM
WillD
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would agree with subvertir if this never happened Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.