UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Meltzer: Silva v. Sonnen targeted for FS1 debut

5/2/13 7:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Markme123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/02/13 7:35 AM

[Re: Chael on UFC Tonight]...The Wanderlei Silva thing was something he was told to do because they are looking at- I know that the idea is Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen as one of the top matches on the August 17 show in Boston. That's what they are looking for.

...As far as a TV main event...Wanderlei Silva and Brian Stann is to me, is like the greatest TV main event in UFC. It drew phenomenal ratings for Fuel...it was almost double the highest rated show in the history of the channel. And what a match. That probably was UFC's best match of this year.

...Wanderlei has got a certain charm and is very over and Chael is a personality

...If you are thinking of a good TV main event, that's it. Thats a good one to have. And again, Chael will cut the promos to build it up and it will be very good. I don't know if the match will be great but its definitely the right mix to build a television main event.

-Dave Meltzer
5/2/2013 Observer Radio
5/2/13 7:39 AM
weebrave
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO the fight is too predictable and boring Phone Post
5/2/13 7:43 AM
luctaro
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weebrave -  IMO the fight is too predictable and boring Phone Post

Predictable yes

Boring no. Wand doesn't fight boring, neither does Mister Bad Guy.

Plus, Wand cant handle the pressure and the trash talk, his jimmies will get rustled, and sh*t will go down.
5/2/13 7:45 AM
weebrave
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro -

Predictable yes

Boring no. Wand doesn't fight boring, neither does Mister Bad Guy.

Plus, Wand cant handle the pressure and the trash talk, his jimmies will get rustled, and sh*t will go down.
Chael laying on Silva for 4 rounds was in fact boring. Compelling yes but boring. Same with bisping fight. I love to hear him talk but not so much watch him fight Phone Post
5/2/13 7:59 AM
AnakinHelwani
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight will pull huge ratings because regardless of what everyone says here about Chael being a troll, we all want to see what happens when he fights. Plus, Chael will be all over Fox promoting the hell out of this.

I just hope it's a 5-rounder.

5/2/13 8:04 AM
aaroncev

I'd rather this be a co-main
5/2/13 8:10 AM
mofomike
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Sonnen gets Checked by Wanderlei Silva for the trash talking

5/2/13 8:11 AM
nyhcloyalty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'VE GOT AN ANTICIPATORY ERECTION Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:18 AM
TuLegit

Ill be there. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:28 AM
ortman166

I think it's funny when people claim chael isn't boring. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:31 AM
NomoRomophobia
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight would pull enormous ratings.
Seems like a drama filled no brainer. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:34 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 - I think it's funny when people claim chael isn't boring. Phone Post 3.0

Chael was not boring in his fights with Anderson, Jones and Maia. I hope Wanderlei will be added to that list.

5/2/13 8:52 AM
FOTN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana said recently that they'd put together the best TV card they've ever done for FS1. If so Sonnen Vs Wand doesn't fit the bill as the main event.
5/2/13 9:11 AM
jarredmercado

Silva/Sonnen 1 was a great fight .It started out at a breakneck pace in the first round, and 5th round had one of the had one of the most dramatic endings in a meaningful fight .

5/2/13 9:21 AM
indianrob

Chael comes forward the whole fight = not boring. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 9:22 AM
Ministry of Truth

5/2/13 9:25 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOTN - Dana said recently that they'd put together the best TV card they've ever done for FS1. If so Sonnen Vs Wand doesn't fit the bill as the main event.

Dana likes to try and sell fights. Probably because he's the promoter. For a card that's on par with FX, I don't have a problem with it.

5/2/13 10:35 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
FOTN - Dana said recently that they'd put together the best TV card they've ever done for FS1. If so Sonnen Vs Wand doesn't fit the bill as the main event.

Dana likes to try and sell fights. Probably because he's the promoter. For a card that's on par with FX, I don't have a problem with it.

Disagree. He's been raving on about it being a massive card. I know he's a promoter but Wand vs Sonnen just doesn't fit as the main event IMO. Amazing fight, bad blood and I can't wait to see it, but surely not the main event for this Phone Post
Idk I just don't buy the hype much on best card or fight or tuf ever any more. I've just heard it too many times at this point. I'd wait to see what the rest of the card looks like first though before criticizing it though. It's possible Wand/Chael would headline just for name value and the undercard would be pretty stacked. Phone Post
5/2/13 10:42 AM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, let's make sure to bury this fight on a channel where only 175,000 people will tune in.

5/2/13 10:45 AM
nyhcloyalty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - I feel bad for up-and-coming fighters who bleed and suffer and fight in crappy venues for a sniff at the "great honour" of fighting for five grand on a UFC Facebook prelim.

Meanwhile, Sonnen gets gifted, most likely, another big money fight, headlining a HUGE Tv debut, coming off three losses.

And the army of the simple guffaw at anything that graces his Twitter.

Can we have some f**cking fights that matter in that slot?
Carlos Condit?
Gustaffson?
Josh Thompson?

Relax man, it's only preliminary talks and no one else has been mentioned for the card. Starting a card out and the first fight mentioned is Wand vs Chael? I'm in! Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:48 AM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meltzer's hard on for Chael's schtick is really creepy.

5/2/13 10:52 AM
3 Sided Square
533 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
MMA Lives Here -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Disagree. He's been raving on about it being a massive card. I know he's a promoter but Wand vs Sonnen just doesn't fit as the main event IMO. Amazing fight, bad blood and I can't wait to see it, but surely not the main event for this Phone Post
Idk I just don't buy the hype much on best card or fight or tuf ever any more. I've just heard it too many times at this point. I'd wait to see what the rest of the card looks like first though before criticizing it though. It's possible Wand/Chael would headline just for name value and the undercard would be pretty stacked. Phone Post

This time it might be different. He wants to give the people of Boston a gift with this card because of what happened.
5/2/13 10:55 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

boo...this fight needs to be somewhere they dont test...like canada

5/2/13 11:06 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
641 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope they do make this fight, just for the simple fact that I want to see what a pissed off wand might do to sonnen.
5/2/13 11:08 AM
goocher
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You gotta be crazy to say this fight is predictable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.