UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Meltzer: Silva v. Sonnen targeted for FS1 debut

5/2/13 11:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goocher
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You gotta be crazy to say this fight is predictable.
5/2/13 11:29 AM
8flat
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Wand is working his TDD like a MADMAN. It'll be a WAR if he can keep it standing, Sonnen actually has a pretty good chin, so it's going to take some good shots for Wand to knock him out.
5/2/13 11:38 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand has pretty good takedown defense, he did stop most of Arona's takedowns in the second fight.

5/2/13 11:55 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 Sided Square -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
MMA Lives Here -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
FOTN - Dana said recently that they'd put together the best TV card they've ever done for FS1. If so Sonnen Vs Wand doesn't fit the bill as the main event.

Dana likes to try and sell fights. Probably because he's the promoter. For a card that's on par with FX, I don't have a problem with it.

Disagree. He's been raving on about it being a massive card. I know he's a promoter but Wand vs Sonnen just doesn't fit as the main event IMO. Amazing fight, bad blood and I can't wait to see it, but surely not the main event for this Phone Post
Idk I just don't buy the hype much on best card or fight or tuf ever any more. I've just heard it too many times at this point. I'd wait to see what the rest of the card looks like first though before criticizing it though. It's possible Wand/Chael would headline just for name value and the undercard would be pretty stacked. Phone Post

This time it might be different. He wants to give the people of Boston a gift with this card because of what happened.
This one is in Boston? It will have Connar McGregor and Joe Lauzon on it then for sure... I wouldn't worry about it. Phone Post
5/2/13 1:28 PM
8flat
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Wand has pretty good takedown defense, he did stop most of Arona's takedowns in the second fight.

Arona's a beast, but is his wrestling very good?
5/2/13 1:31 PM
Chris27

Wont be the main event, co main event or third fight depending on how big the card is.

But its def a great fight for FS1
5/2/13 1:48 PM
weebrave
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
3 Sided Square -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
MMA Lives Here -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
FOTN - Dana said recently that they'd put together the best TV card they've ever done for FS1. If so Sonnen Vs Wand doesn't fit the bill as the main event.

Dana likes to try and sell fights. Probably because he's the promoter. For a card that's on par with FX, I don't have a problem with it.

Disagree. He's been raving on about it being a massive card. I know he's a promoter but Wand vs Sonnen just doesn't fit as the main event IMO. Amazing fight, bad blood and I can't wait to see it, but surely not the main event for this Phone Post
Idk I just don't buy the hype much on best card or fight or tuf ever any more. I've just heard it too many times at this point. I'd wait to see what the rest of the card looks like first though before criticizing it though. It's possible Wand/Chael would headline just for name value and the undercard would be pretty stacked. Phone Post

This time it might be different. He wants to give the people of Boston a gift with this card because of what happened.
This one is in Boston? It will have Connar McGregor and Joe Lauzon on it then for sure... I wouldn't worry about it. Phone Post
Yeah bring the numbers in with Chael, bring them back with lauzon Phone Post
5/2/13 2:08 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah! Hope this happens. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 2:12 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

indianrob - Chael comes forward the whole fight = not boring. Phone Post 3.0

I couldn't agree more.

5/2/13 2:46 PM
MMALOGIC

5 rounds would be an exciting fight because i dont think chael can lay on him for five rounds. 

The thing is though, Chael doesnt lay and pray... he works the entire time.  The entire 2 silva fights chael was trying to bash his face through the canvas.

But this cant be the main event...

Dana was talking about the best television card ever for the fs1 debut.  That means better than all the fox cards and better than Hendo vs Rampage title unification.

5/2/13 2:58 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo-Thomson would be a good main event for the card if they are really going to stack it for being FS1 debut. Thomson beat Gilbert in the 3rd fight imo and kicked Diaz silly in his last fight....he deserves the title shot
5/2/13 3:00 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aaroncev - I'd rather this be a co-main

5/2/13 3:02 PM
Poptarts

Two forty something yearolds with narrow sets of skills and bad records going at it. Sounds like a fight I can't miss, exactly what I was expecting from Mr. White when he said

"suck a good fuckin' fight people will have to know what fox sports 1 is, it will be pay per view quality, something great, yeah"

So excited!More professional wrestling bullshit.
5/2/13 3:07 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Wandy is gonna finish Chael either by TKO or Sub Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 3:12 PM
Jons Forsberg

indianrob - Chael comes forward the whole fight = not boring. Phone Post 3.0

Racewalkers also come forward the whole time, son. Chael is boring, can't punch or sub his way out of a wet paper bag.
5/2/13 3:15 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

nyhcloyalty - 
Zed Wayne Zed - I feel bad for up-and-coming fighters who bleed and suffer and fight in crappy venues for a sniff at the "great honour" of fighting for five grand on a UFC Facebook prelim.

Meanwhile, Sonnen gets gifted, most likely, another big money fight, headlining a HUGE Tv debut, coming off three losses.

And the army of the simple guffaw at anything that graces his Twitter.

Can we have some f**cking fights that matter in that slot?
Carlos Condit?
Gustaffson?
Josh Thompson?

Relax man, it's only preliminary talks and no one else has been mentioned for the card. Starting a card out and the first fight mentioned is Wand vs Chael? I'm in! Phone Post 3.0

Sonnen was once a up and coming fighter.Like him or not,he had to work his ass off in order to make it to where he is.Once he got there he chose to speak up and separate himself from the pack.He just like every other fighter chose to fight for a living,Some make it some don't.Life isn't fair.
Yes it does suck that not all fighters will make millions and headline a UFC card,but what does that have to do with Sonnen? Should he not accept the fights that are offered too him?
Should he not try to make the most out of what little time he has to make money fighting?

Would you volunteer for a pay cut and demotion at work in order for a new employee to take your spot and make more money then you?
5/2/13 3:28 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Meltzer's hard on for Chael's schtick is really creepy.

Meltzer was a (lol) major writer in the wrestling community, so it's no surprise he has a woody for guys that remind him of the good ole days of Jake Roberts and Roddy Piper.
5/2/13 3:29 PM
LI PWR
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/X_lMCeJH6LI
5/2/13 3:33 PM
Kid Charlemagne
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will it be a 5 rounder Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 3:33 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

Poptarts - Two forty something yearolds with narrow sets of skills and bad records going at it. Sounds like a fight I can't miss, exactly what I was expecting from Mr. White when he said

"suck a good fuckin' fight people will have to know what fox sports 1 is, it will be pay per view quality, something great, yeah"

Which two forty something year old fighters with narrow sets of skill are you talking about?
5/2/13 3:45 PM
Lessphilling
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be awesome to see Wanderlei fight live for my first time, but this being the main fight would be absolute garbage! Especially since the last time UFC came to Boston they put a 0-0 MMA fighter in the main event.
5/2/13 3:46 PM
JStrongMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

indianrob - Chael comes forward the whole fight = not boring. Phone Post 3.0
This. Chael tries to win every second of every round. Phone Post
5/2/13 3:48 PM
Poptarts

PeaceThroughStrength - 
Poptarts - Two forty something yearolds with narrow sets of skills and bad records going at it. Sounds like a fight I can't miss, exactly what I was expecting from Mr. White when he said

Which two forty something year old fighters with narrow sets of skill are you talking about?

The two that take steroids, one looks like a hideous ogre the other sounds like Owen Wilson....what's their names again?
5/2/13 3:49 PM
orcus

8flat - 
orcus - 

Arona's a beast, but is his wrestling very good?

Ordinarily, yes, it's very good. He handily outwrestled Fedor, Henderson, Overeem, and more. Most of his wins were due to his takedowns since he typically had little or no aggression in terms of strikes or submissions.

5/2/13 3:52 PM
JStrongMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poptarts -
PeaceThroughStrength - 

The two that take steroids, one looks like a hideous ogre the other sounds like Owen Wilson....what's their names again?
(Sigh) Go to Sherdog. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.