UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort: I don't pick fights, I accept fights

5/2/13 2:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

When Strikeforce champion Luke Rockhold knew he was moving to the UFC, he publicaly stated that he would like to fight Vitor Belfort, as a warm-up, before challenging UFC champion Anderson Silva. Belfort has always been known as a fight anyone, anytime fighter and recently told MMA Radio that he didn't feel disrespected by Rockhold's call out in the least:

"Not at all," he said. "I have all the respect for guys like him. He asked, and he received it. ... I don't pick fights. I accept fights. And he deserved it. I like his attitude. I see it as a positive. I don't see it as personal. This is a job. This is what makes people interested in seeing us fight.

Belfort (22-10 MMA, 11-6 UFC) and Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) now headline UFC on FX 8, which takes place May 18 at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil. The FX-televised fight marks Belfort's third in Brazil since early 2012 and could set up a title shot for the winner

While the middleweight division awaits the outcome of July's UFC 162 headliner between champion Anderson Silva and challenger Chris Weidman, Belfort said he's not personally dwelling on anything past the Rockhold fight.

"Tomorrow will take care of itself," he said. "The key is to take care of today."

read entire article... 

5/2/13 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockahold will fytch Vitor and then win teh fytch to take out teh Spider, he no even have to fytch hard, he has Hesus on his side this time carvaho. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 2:46 PM
SteelyRes211
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus bro, everyday.
5/2/13 3:01 PM
Bungle2711
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will only accept a fight as long as it is in Brazil...

5/2/13 3:18 PM
sincitydc
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still wish he fought Okami Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 4:24 PM
sparkuri
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - Rockahold will fytch Vitor and then win teh fytch to take out teh Spider, he no even have to fytch hard, he has Hesus on his side this time carvaho. Phone Post 3.0
Lol.
I hope you're wrong though.
Followed Rockhold since the very beginning, and knew he was a great prospect.
I never thought he'd get to fight a guy the level of Vitor so quick.
I think he Chael'd his way in. Phone Post
5/2/13 6:02 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -
yellow wrkahlc - Rockahold will fytch Vitor and then win teh fytch to take out teh Spider, he no even have to fytch hard, he has Hesus on his side this time carvaho. Phone Post 3.0
Lol.
I hope you're wrong though.
Followed Rockhold since the very beginning, and knew he was a great prospect.
I never thought he'd get to fight a guy the level of Vitor so quick.
I think he Chael'd his way in. Phone Post
Sparky, you mah fren now, yes? Yes, you like watch fytch with me carvalho

I beliebe in teh Rockholder. He fights with such force out of his body that it's magnetically magnetic, it's just boom boom boom, God, Rockhold is gonna destroy TRT with his hair. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.