UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weigh-ins should be 2 days before the fight

5/2/13 7:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zanzoken
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give guys an extra day to rehydrate, eat, get their strength back. I think it would help with cardio and make for better fights.

Thoughts?
5/2/13 7:22 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More size disparity between fighters. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 7:23 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would lead to more idiots trying to cut an idiotic higher amount of weight.
5/2/13 7:26 PM
Zanzoken
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not so sure. I think most are already cutting the max they can.
5/2/13 7:33 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to see more guys doing the desert mouthed shuffle to the scale just because they know they get 48 hours to put themselves back together.
5/2/13 8:19 PM
UGCTT_Messiah
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

265 pound lightweights Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:51 PM
russkisambist
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see the best fighter. Not the best weight cutter. I'd like to see weigh ins on the day of the fight Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 8:54 PM
crowbar
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

russkisambist - I wanna see the best fighter. Not the best weight cutter. I'd like to see weigh ins on the day of the fight Phone Post 3.0

Amen brother.

5/2/13 8:57 PM
Ian King
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -
russkisambist - I wanna see the best fighter. Not the best weight cutter. I'd like to see weigh ins on the day of the fight Phone Post 3.0

Amen brother.

This. But then it'd only be the wrestlers cutting huge weight. Because they don't give a shit when weigh ins are. Same day all through their wrestling careers, and it doesn't give them too much pause. Phone Post
5/2/13 8:58 PM
Kostakio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

Amen brother.

. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 9:03 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people already cut as much weight as they possibly can, with the 24hr weigh in. I don't know that I agree with the 48hr weigh in, but I don't think it would cause people to cut more weight. They'd be heavier at fight time, that's probably all. Phone Post
5/2/13 9:05 PM
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBulgarianAssassin - That would lead to more idiots trying to cut an idiotic higher amount of weight.

I agree with this. Either day prior or if they change it then it should be day of.

5/2/13 9:07 PM
kill joy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too expensive for small shows. ( ie extra hotels for out of town fighters )

get tired because you cut too much weight? Go fuck yourself and fight at a proper weight

5/2/13 9:30 PM
palfor03

Wow a lot of people don't realize why they don't have weigh ins the day of the fight.

They don't do that because it leads to dehydrated fighters fighting on no fuel and getting close to dying during the fight. Phone Post
5/2/13 9:40 PM
LittleJoeMama
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

palfor03 -  Wow a lot of people don't realize why they don't have weigh ins the day of the fight.

They don't do that because it leads to dehydrated fighters fighting on no fuel and getting close to dying during the fight. Phone Post

Then they should move up a weight class. This ultimate weight cutting BS is out of control.
5/2/13 9:57 PM
muaythai1622
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleJoeMama -
palfor03 -  Wow a lot of people don't realize why they don't have weigh ins the day of the fight.

Then they should move up a weight class. This ultimate weight cutting BS is out of control.
This make guys fight at their natural weights. Day of weigh ins and if you cut 20-30 lbs too bad, fight at a higher weight. I was thinking about this the other day. Make it a real fight. On the street you don't get a chance to cut weight to fight!!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:11 PM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA has become "the art of cutting weight" some can do it better than others. There are no true weight division champions, I think Frankie Edgar was really the only true champion at his natural weight, or close to it.

Weigh-ins should be a few hours before a fight, can't weigh in at that "real weight" at that time then its time to move on. That's the one thing I really hate about MMA, how would a 230 pound Jon Jones fare at HW instead of LHW ?? He's really a HW at fight time, makes sense calling him the best LHW right ?? Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:19 PM
UGSlapshot

Zanzoken - Give guys an extra day to rehydrate, eat, get their strength back. I think it would help with cardio and make for better fights.

Thoughts?
I actually feel the opposite. I think they should be the morning of the fight. Phone Post
5/2/13 10:20 PM
MRG1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ agreed. The weigh ins should be on the day of the fight. Phone Post
5/2/13 10:22 PM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

Amen brother.

. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:25 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Why not weigh in a month before the fights? Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:39 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zanzoken - Give guys an extra day to rehydrate, eat, get their strength back. I think it would help with cardio and make for better fights.

Thoughts?
I agree and probably less brain damage down the road in life ... Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:41 PM
minotauro11
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same day weigh ins are the best idea. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:42 PM
awwdammit
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

Amen brother.

This x 1000 Phone Post
5/2/13 10:55 PM
Kid Charlemagne
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - Why not weigh in a month before the fights? Phone Post 3.0
Make it at the contract signing Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.