UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Masvidal wants 'easy paychecks' Healy or Miller

5/3/13 12:55 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jorge Masvidal made his UFC debut a success, winning a unanimous decision against Tim Means at the UFC on FOX 7 event. Previously Masvidal 3-1 fighting under the Strikeforce banner, the only blemish a title fight loss to champion Gilbert Melendez.

Now that he's transitioned into the UFC, 'Gamebred' is interested to fight some 'easy paychecks' to sustain a living and feed his family:

"I'm looking for easy paychecks at this stage of my career. I got my baby I got to feed, you know? So, I'm looking for easy paychecks at this stage of my career, man. Pat Healy, Jim Miller is right up there. Plus, one of them is ranked in the top something, so I definitely want to fight one of them. I just think for many years a lot of these guys that are so called top 10 and Billy badasses, really ain't shit. And I'm here to prove that.

You can say it's a chip on my shoulder because I'm coming over from Strikeforce, or whatever. I think once they get in there with me, they are going to find out the truth. I'm about to change my name to ‘The Truth' in a second -- ‘The Truth Gamebred' Masvidal."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

5/3/13 12:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeMimic
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Jorge but his last fight wasn't his greatest. Healy is a little too high up the ladder for him at this point. Phone Post
5/3/13 1:00 AM
Hocky Balboa
9035 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wants that easy game bread.

5/3/13 2:36 AM
EricDraven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. I'm looking for easy paychecks at this stage of my career. I got my baby I got to feed.
2. Pat Healy, Jim Miller is right up there.
3. One of them is ranked in the top something.
4. Billy badasses really ain't shit.
5. And I'm here to prove that.

Can anyone make any sense of what he said? Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 2:41 AM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EricDraven - 1. I'm looking for easy paychecks at this stage of my career. I got my baby I got to feed.
2. Pat Healy, Jim Miller is right up there.
3. One of them is ranked in the top something.
4. Billy badasses really ain't shit.
5. And I'm here to prove that.

Can anyone make any sense of what he said? Phone Post 3.0

I suppose he's trying to offend them into taking the fight.

5/3/13 2:48 AM
ShoreBreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The truf, easy money... Foot in the mouth? Explain this logic of shit talking Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 3:07 AM
JoeMimic
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean they do have a little angle to play with Healy as Masvidal beat Pat's brother Ryan back in Strikeforce but Pat is top ten 155er now and deserves a big fight. Phone Post
5/3/13 3:07 AM
JoeMimic

*bigger Phone Post
5/3/13 3:19 AM
shinbang
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Healy and Miller easy, lol no way
5/3/13 3:31 AM
Spoonie Luv

SUV mmm Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 3:38 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lego man Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 3:48 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

Love the guy but come on bro! Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 3:51 AM
nyhcloyalty
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim Miller packs his lunch and them eats it in front or him. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 5:42 AM
ChaosOverkill
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see the Chael route but not for a title shot.

Odd

5/3/13 6:46 AM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing easy about a fight with Miller or Healy. If he chooses his words better and said he wants Healy or Miller because they are warriors and thats the kind of fighter he wants to prove himself against then he gains internet fan support and people will rally to see him in big fights. Phone Post
5/3/13 6:51 AM
Fabes
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Both those guys are better wrestlers than him and far from easy fights. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 7:03 AM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masvidal vs Nate Diaz would be a very good fight IMO
5/3/13 7:05 AM
Bobby Lupo
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would give him the impression that either of those two would be easy fights? I think they'd both beat him and I'd bet on it. There are plenty of guys that Jorge can beat, those 2 aren't among that group

5/3/13 7:11 AM
Fabes
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Kentpaul - Masvidal vs Nate Diaz would be a very good fight IMO
I'd like to see that. Good call. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 7:11 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kentpaul - Masvidal vs Nate Diaz would be a very good fight IMO

Yeah, I like that. But Diaz is moving up AFAIK.
5/3/13 10:02 AM
TARRat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You want easy paychecks? OK - you're cut and can now go hang out with Bob Sapp.
5/3/13 10:03 AM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear Cody McKenzie is looking to get starched by LW. He should look into it
5/3/13 10:04 AM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In all fairness, he may be referring to the paycheck for losing.
5/3/13 10:56 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way he gets matched up with Healy. I don't think he'll fight Miller next either. No easy fights there regardless. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 11:08 AM
GregNoActionJackson
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he means easy money like FOTN bonus bc fighting Miller the odds of getting that is high. But he seems highly educated about his division (note the sarcasm) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.