UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joe Rogan Questions Everything

5/4/13 10:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poop Doodle
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jv209 -
Poop Doodle - I love Joe and I believe weed should be legal.

BUT, when he says shit like "anyone who has withdrawal symptoms from weed is just a fucking pussy", it makes me question his views on other things as well.
I guess if you're always on it, you would have no idea if there are withdrawal symptoms or not.

Also, statements like 'isolation tanks are better than meditation' and 'you should meditate IN an isolation tank' raise red flags for me. It takes a huge lack of knowledge on meditation to say those things. Meditation and tanks are two completely separate things. He might have a different, more personal and customized definition of meditation, though.

Overall, I feel his heart is in the right place and he does a lot of good for the world. Sometimes that ego can be a pest, though.

I think it's good to question things, especially when the media and government never stop lying to us. People need to wake up before it's too late.

In response to your claims about Rogan not knowing about weed withdrawals, he says all the time on the podcast, "Damn, I'm high as hell, I just took a week off of smoking." So I'm pretty sure he understands the withdrawals which are all mental. Just because he is mentally strong enough to not let the withdrawals effect him doesn't mean he is lying about it.
I think he is lying. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 10:59 PM
Vader03
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 1:34 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your post reminded me of this:

"When Milton writes
'Him who disobeys me disobeys '
he is, quite simply, doing wrong to his mother tongue. He meant

'Who disobeys him, disobeys me.'
It is perfectly easy to understand WHY he did it, but his reasons prove that Shakespeare and several dozen other men were better poets. Milton did it because he was chock-a-block with Latin."

--Ezra Pound
5/5/13 1:46 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe - 
Penguin of Death -

Except Lloyd Irvin

Thought that's what the thread was about in the first place lol Phone Post

Heh. Me too.
5/5/13 1:48 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Shaqzula - 
Penguin of Death - 

Except Lloyd Irvin

If the penis doesn't grow, you must let him go.
5/5/13 1:48 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Edited: 05/05/13 2:19 AM
Double
5/5/13 1:52 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Unwariestpickle - 
CRMartin11 - people stop blaming it on the weed. Unless you are prepared to back up your claims with facts you sound really stupid and ignorant.

Here is a study done by Harvard proving heavy marijuana use does not negatively impact one's intelligence and cognition.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2001/10.11/marijuana.html

"On days 0, 1 and 7, current heavy smokers scored significantly lower then the other groups on memory tests."

"heavy marijuana use has found no lasting effects 28 days after quitting"

Ha from the article you posted. When do you think the last time Joe went 28 days without smoking was? Marijuana may have no "lasting" effect but if you smoke it everyday it DOES have an effect.

Yeah, read the study, brah.

"Current marijuana use had a negative effect on global IQ score only in subjects who smoked 5 or more joints per week. A negative effect was not observed among subjects who had previously been heavy users but were no longer using the substance. We conclude that marijuana does not have a long-term negative impact on global intelligence. Whether the absence of a residual marijuana effect would also be evident in more specific cognitive domains such as memory and attention remains to be ascertained."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11949984
5/5/13 2:06 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

drrilll - 
TheGoldenRule - 

everyone should question everything IMO

a very wise man said:

It is ironic that the greatest travesty ever created by man was readable, writable, translatable speech.

...If there were no way for another human to tell you what to do, who to follow, or what to believe, you would then be required to learn everything yourself.  

I don't see us making a whole lot of progress as a species if that were the case. All mathematical and scientific principles are built on knowledge that was discovered previously. Without verbal and written communication we are neanderthals, with every generation needing to reinvent the wheel. But in a sense you are right, there would be less cults.

We work within the developed system or else we'd be collecting fruits and nuts all day to survive. But since that system is not perfect, there is some rebellion, which is natural and useful to continue iterating so that a better system can be approached. (That's obviously a projection, you could argue things just keep stirring aimlessly). Too much rebellion and you reset and get a craphole like modern Somolia, too little and you get stagnation.
5/5/13 2:16 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - Your post reminded me of this:

"When Milton writes
'Him who disobeys me disobeys '
he is, quite simply, doing wrong to his mother tongue. He meant

'Who disobeys him, disobeys me.'
It is perfectly easy to understand WHY he did it, but his reasons prove that Shakespeare and several dozen other men were better poets. Milton did it because he was chock-a-block with Latin."

--Ezra Pound

This one:

"Pray tell my good man, what has thou in mind?

Is not greater a man who accepts the answer to a question than one who merely asks?"
5/5/13 3:10 AM
mje364
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( I wish joe would just come forward and apologize.
Sounds like he's just gonna keep ignore this til we forget over the next few PPVs. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 4:01 AM
Kick Boxe
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mje364 - :( I wish joe would just come forward and apologize.
Sounds like he's just gonna keep ignore this til we forget over the next few PPVs. Phone Post 3.0

5/5/13 5:25 PM
Penguin of Death
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nitecrawler -
Penguin of Death - 

Except Lloyd Irvin

Really fuckface??!!!

;)
:) Phone Post
5/5/13 5:35 PM
TheBoognish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mje364 - :( I wish joe would just come forward and apologize.
I don't think they'll notice the 100 or so UG'ers that seem to be obsessed with Lloyd Irvin. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 7:07 PM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SouthernGent -
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown - 
Unwariestpickle -
MasterofMartialArts - 
john_d1974 - i know there are a lot of rogan nuthuggers about here but the guy is messed up in the head (too many years of weed.
I don't really think smoking weed for years messes with your head. Phone Post 3.0

Of course it does you can over do anything. Smoke pot everyday for years and it messes with your perception of reality.

Marry J. is a mind expanding drug but it can bring to strange places.
Nah it's not the weed. He was a clown before he started smoking weed, and he's a clown now. Phone Post 3.0

He went from being an unfunny comic (IMO) with a short mans syndrome to a hippy conspiracy theorist/pop science enthusiast.

I like hearing about how Rogan LOVES science. Really dude, didn't you drop out of college after 1 semester? Couldn't pass Chem 001? You mean you like reading pop science articles. Big difference there buddy.
So just because you dropped out of school or failed a class means you can't be intelligent or know about science? That's an uneducated opinion. Some of the smartest people I know never even went to college. It's called Internet, books, TV, and plenty of other resources we have to learn. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 9:09 PM
Kick Boxe
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Penguin of Death - 

Except Lloyd Irvin

5/5/13 10:09 PM
Sadyv

MasterofMartialArts - 
SouthernGent -
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown - 
Unwariestpickle -
MasterofMartialArts - 
john_d1974 - i know there are a lot of rogan nuthuggers about here but the guy is messed up in the head (too many years of weed.
I don't really think smoking weed for years messes with your head. Phone Post 3.0

Of course it does you can over do anything. Smoke pot everyday for years and it messes with your perception of reality.

Marry J. is a mind expanding drug but it can bring to strange places.
Nah it's not the weed. He was a clown before he started smoking weed, and he's a clown now. Phone Post 3.0

He went from being an unfunny comic (IMO) with a short mans syndrome to a hippy conspiracy theorist/pop science enthusiast.

I like hearing about how Rogan LOVES science. Really dude, didn't you drop out of college after 1 semester? Couldn't pass Chem 001? You mean you like reading pop science articles. Big difference there buddy.
So just because you dropped out of school or failed a class means you can't be intelligent or know about science? That's an uneducated opinion. Some of the smartest people I know never even went to college. It's called Internet, books, TV, and plenty of other resources we have to learn. Phone Post 3.0

Given the nonsense Joe spouts, it is clear he has no real respect for the scientific method.
5/6/13 12:42 AM
JRockwell
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shaqzula -
Penguin of Death - 

Except Lloyd Irvin

Well done! Phone Post
5/6/13 1:03 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

No, I was agreeing with you, which is why I started with "yeah", but don't let that stand in the way of a good rant. LOL.
5/6/13 1:10 AM
rudj
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/6/13 1:17 AM
rudj
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/6/13 1:53 AM
Kick Boxe

Penguin of Death - 

Except Lloyd Irvin

5/6/13 2:46 AM
mofomike
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joseph? Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 1:11 PM
Kick Boxe

mofomike - Joseph? Phone Post 3.0

good luck with that

5/6/13 11:12 PM
Jive Turkey

I was happy to hear on the most recent podcast that Rogan is reading - well, listening to - Demon Haunted World. Hopefully that gets through to him
5/8/13 1:55 PM
PrettyBoy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for joe

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.