UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What if the UFC only charged for live fights?

5/3/13 9:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
warrendale
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone knows zuffa hates that people pirate their shows. They spend a lot of money on lawyers and on lobbying. My idea would be to charge for live fight and then allow streaming from UFC.tv for every fight ufc puts on? They could put a 60 second advertisement in between rds so they could make money that way.

I can't see how they wouldn't make money, stop most illegal downloads and streams, cut back on lawyers and lobbyist, and in return make millions of fans happy with access to all the fights for free after they have happened.

I know I wouldn't mind watching a few ads so the UFC could make some money while giving me free access to all their fights.

What do you guys think, would they lose more money doing it this way? Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 9:18 AM
tylerstodghill

Obviously they would lose money. This makes no sense.
Why would they charge or the live fight then, when all the cheap people won't support anyone but themselves, and get to watch it for free right after the ppv?
They also sell DVDs of the events. They would have to throw all of that money away. That's silly. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 9:28 AM
warrendale

tylerstodghill - Obviously they would lose money. This makes no sense.
Why would they charge or the live fight then, when all the cheap people won't support anyone but themselves, and get to watch it for free right after the ppv?
They also sell DVDs of the events. They would have to throw all of that money away. That's silly. Phone Post 3.0
I know that I would still support them because I enjoy my fights live but also would like to watch old fights after they happen. Not waiting around like the Disney vault for them to be released.

Also I know they sell dvd's, rerun ppv's, and even charge for single fights on UFC.tv. I don't know the numbers for those sells nor do I expect anyone else to know them other than Zuffa llc. If they kept charging for the membership to UFC.tv but allowed their members to have access to every past fight with advertising, would that make up for some of the money lost? Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 9:38 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should actually pay consumers to watch

That's a sustainable business model right? Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 9:47 AM
ortman166

tylerstodghill - Obviously they would lose money. This makes no sense.
This lol. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 10:48 AM
tylerstodghill

I agree with you there. If you have a UFC.tv subscription, you should be able to view the fights after the ppv, advertisements no big deal. Or at least get a discount on the ppv for having a subscription. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 11:06 AM
InvisibleControl

I rarely buy PPVs because I can't afford them. I try my best to buy the ones with a fighter in the main event that I really like to support them knowing they get a cut of the money. I wish I could buy them all but I simply can't. I have always said that the UFC should drop the price of their PPV's to like... $29.99 or something. I think it would even out because a LOT more people would buy them at that price rather than stream them. I'd be able to buy most of them at that price but 60 bucks is just too high for me.

I think they should give subscriptions for like $100-$200 a year or something where you can watch all of the events live on UFC.tv or something. Sure they aren't getting the 60 bucks a month or more, but a lot of the people who watch the streams would be willing to pay up to 200 a year to watch them all. I know I would.
5/3/13 11:41 AM
tylerstodghill

InvisibleControl - I rarely buy PPVs because I can't afford them. I try my best to buy the ones with a fighter in the main event that I really like to support them knowing they get a cut of the money. I wish I could buy them all but I simply can't. I have always said that the UFC should drop the price of their PPV's to like... $29.99 or something. I think it would even out because a LOT more people would buy them at that price rather than stream them. I'd be able to buy most of them at that price but 60 bucks is just too high for me.

I think they should give subscriptions for like $100-$200 a year or something where you can watch all of the events live on UFC.tv or something. Sure they aren't getting the 60 bucks a month or more, but a lot of the people who watch the streams would be willing to pay up to 200 a year to watch them all. I know I would.
I can't afford all of them either. In 'cheap people', I meant people that even if they're favorite fighter was on the card, they still wouldn't give a dime. The gym I train at reserves tables at a bar and grill, and we all watch it together. But if I had to pay to watch Nick Diaz fight myself, I would. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 12:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC should make everything free and pay all the fighters millions of dollars. It's the only fair thing to do Phone Post
5/3/13 5:38 PM
warrendale

tylerstodghill - I agree with you there. If you have a UFC.tv subscription, you should be able to view the fights after the ppv, advertisements no big deal. Or at least get a discount on the ppv for having a subscription. Phone Post 3.0
Pretty sure the only discount you get is if you buy a ppv and a subscription at the sane time. You get the subscription for a discounted price for 3 or 6 months. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.