UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Sonnen has a bright future after fighting

5/3/13 3:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC  middleweight Chael Sonnen has basically talked to himself into a rematch with Anderson Silva and a lightheavyweight title shot against Jon Jones. He has been hired by Fuel TV as an analyst and a broad caster by FOX for the UFC on FOX events. Although he may never win a UFC title, UFC President Dana White expects that Chael will continue in that role, and possibly even cover sports other than MMA:

"I don't think he's patterning himself after me," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) following the post-event news conference for UFC 159. "I think he's a very smart guy and he sees a lot of opportunity in the sport, and he really is seizing a lot of opportunities in the sport. I like Chael. We like Chael in the company, and yeah – Chael's going to stick around. He's not going anywhere, no matter what he decides to do."

White believes Sonnen eventually may wind up serving FOX in other roles, as well.

"FOX loves him," White said. "He's FOX's No. 1 guy. I think this guy is going to cross over into other sports, not just MMA. … I like Chael. I like him a lot – it's hard not to like the guy."

read entire article...

5/3/13 3:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrMead
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't really a fan of Chael before TUF, but seeing him on there made me a huge fan. Good for him. Phone Post
5/3/13 3:45 PM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaels set for life he's a brilliant man to get himself where he's at today.

Happy for you Chael!!! Phone Post
5/3/13 3:57 PM
buckshot44
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/03/13 3:57 PM

Gangster from West Lynn Oregon.. FTW!!!!!!

(+3 VTFU's OP)

5/3/13 3:58 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 -

Gangster from West Lynn Oregon.. FTW!!!!!!

(+3 VTFU's OP)

Lol at vu ug blog Phone Post
5/3/13 3:58 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd

I like chael Phone Post
5/3/13 4:13 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great on fox team.. good things in the future foe sure! Phone Post
5/3/13 4:42 PM
EvilMaster

Go Chael!!

Greatest shit talker/fight promoter of all time. This last event was a complete dud for me, but I still got excited to watch it just because Chael Sonnen was on the card. Seriously.

I was bummed that he didn't win. Nothing would be cooler than Chael P Sonnen walking around with a UFC belt! He would stand tall with that belt and shit talk the whole world. It would have been glorious.
5/3/13 4:52 PM
Allen Hood

Good for Chael Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 11:08 AM
JBASS
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMead -  I wasn't really a fan of Chael before TUF, but seeing him on there made me a huge fan. Good for him. Phone Post

Ditto, I wasn't a huge fan of Chael until I watched the show and I was surprised to see that he was an excellent coach. I was shocked at how honest he was with his fighters, but it was something I liked seeing. Sometimes positive reinforcement can seem sterile for some people, but being completely blunt and honest with his fighters brought out the best in them in a lot of their fights. 

Glad to see he is destined for success outside of the UFC as well, sometimes I wonder what kind of retirement that fighters are destined for. I just hope they don't all go the same way that many boxers have gone; broke and without a person around them for support. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.