UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ellenberger: I’d be better at killing mastodons

5/3/13 5:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jake Ellenberger is 8-2 in the UFC and is coming off an impressive TKO of Nate Marquardt. The welterweight contender meets Rory MacDonald at the next UFC on FOX event, and a win could put the winner as the number one contende,r or at least in a bout for number one contendership. Ellenberger is more than ready to fight MacDonald and considers the two cut from a different cloth

“We’re two different species,” Ellenberger recently told ESPN.com. “He’s a Cro-Magnon; I’m a Neanderthal. We have different bone density, power, pure instinct, savagery. 

“He’d be better at cleaning caves; I’d be better at killing mastodons.” 

“If [St-Pierre] and Hendricks doesn’t happen next, then I think Hendricks and me are going to decide who’s going to be the next No. 1 contender,” Ellenberger said. 

read entire article...

5/3/13 5:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Addo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Primal
5/3/13 5:58 PM
Von Brawn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ellenberger's an animal. Rory's unwarranted hype is legitimized if he beats Jake
5/3/13 5:59 PM
jon b
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen esque shit talking lol Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 6:07 PM
Forrest Spliffn

Can't wait to see him fight Rory.
I like his confidence.
I think rory is gonna box him up tho. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 6:08 PM
Chaelismyhero

Jake by tko.
5/3/13 6:13 PM
Rantuckjr

“He’d be better at cleaning caves; I’d be better at killing mastodons.”

One of the greatest one liners i've ever heard from an MMA fighter.
5/3/13 6:20 PM
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Spliffn - Can't wait to see him fight Rory.
I like his confidence.
I think rory is gonna box him up tho. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 6:25 PM
3rdLion
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Juggernaut!
5/3/13 6:34 PM
Evilzpet

Von Brawn - Ellenberger's an animal. Rory's unwarranted hype is legitimized if he beats Jake

Unwarranted how?

5/3/13 6:36 PM
Michael Chase
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr - “He’d be better at cleaning caves; I’d be better at killing mastodons.”

Agreed. Phone Post
5/3/13 6:38 PM
J_Swift

Michael Chase -
Rantuckjr - “He’d be better at cleaning caves; I’d be better at killing mastodons.”

Agreed. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 6:40 PM
Von Brawn

Evilzpet - 
Von Brawn - Ellenberger's an animal. Rory's unwarranted hype is legitimized if he beats Jake

Unwarranted how?

His biggest wins are two 155'ers and BJ was past his prime
5/3/13 6:49 PM
HexRei

Neanderthals are extinct, lol. Not a great thing to analogize onesself to.
5/3/13 7:05 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J_Swift - 
Michael Chase -

Agreed. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0

Yes

5/3/13 7:24 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J_Swift -
Michael Chase -

Agreed. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
Yep.

It's ORIGINAL too.

Which is probably why the Sonnen fans aren't gushing over what a great talker Jake is. Phone Post
5/3/13 7:27 PM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no idea how the fuck Rory is a -215 favorite here...

That he's such a big favorite shows that the hype for Rory is definitely out of control. I mean he's good, but this line is a joke.

Rory has beaten absolutely no WW of consequence. His best wins are LWs. I mean Rory is good, but he has not established himself whatsoever.

He's also never faced a wrestler. Against Jake, if Rory gets rocked, he won't have a safety net in terms of takedowns. A fresh Rory would be very unlikely to get Jake down, let alone a rocked one.

If anyone scores takedowns here, it will be Jake. Outside of that this will be a stand-up fight. And while Rory is slightly more technical, Jake is pretty technical too and has vastly more power.

One of the worst betting lines I've ever seen. Will definitely be making a big play on Jake here.
5/3/13 7:33 PM
Bentleysuper8
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both guys. Too bad they have to kick the shit out of each other. Would probably rather Jake win so maybe he gets a title shot. We know Rory aint fighting GSP.
5/3/13 7:37 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
J_Swift -
Michael Chase -

Agreed. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
Yep.

It's ORIGINAL too.

Which is probably why the Sonnen fans aren't gushing over what a great talker Jake is. Phone Post

I'm a Sonnen fan and I liked that line alot.

5/3/13 7:46 PM
Michael Chase
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
J_Swift -
Michael Chase -

Agreed. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
Yep.

It's ORIGINAL too.

I'm a Sonnen fan and I liked that line alot.

Ditto.

Honestly, it sounded like something Chael would say... lol. Go back and read it in his voice. Phone Post
5/3/13 8:01 PM
minotauro11
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great quote, war Ellenberger! Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 8:02 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
J_Swift -
Michael Chase -

Agreed. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
Yep.

It's ORIGINAL too.

I admit to not reading/seeing a lot of Ellenberger interviews but this is the first time I've noticed anything of quality humor coming from him. Sonnen has been at it for years and talked himself into great opportunities. We'll see if Jake is able to do the same. If he's just starting out, its a great way to start though.
5/3/13 8:08 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Von Brawn - 
Evilzpet - 

Unwarranted how?

He beat Mike Pyle, who's won 6 of his last 7 UFC fights and his only loss was to Rory.  Pyle has also finished his last 3 in the first round.  Che Mills was a good win too and he looked great against Condit when he was only 20 years old.  Also youre right about BJ and Nate being LW's, but he destroyed them and both have found success at 170

C'mon now...don't go trying to legitimize Rory's opponents after you've spent the last year or more badmouthing Nick's almost identical opponents.

Devils advocate much?!

5/3/13 8:12 PM
Lulz McGee
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8 Years 6 SherdogAccountsLater -
Rantuckjr - “He’d be better at cleaning caves; I’d be better at killing mastodons.”

Yup, the crazy shit is how fast Rory is evoving though.  This recent pic shocked the hell out of me

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

I was expecting something like that but it still fucking killed me. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 8:14 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Von Brawn - 
Evilzpet - 

Unwarranted how?

He beat Mike Pyle, who's won 6 of his last 7 UFC fights and his only loss was to Rory.  Pyle has also finished his last 3 in the first round.  Che Mills was a good win too and he looked great against Condit when he was only 20 years old.  Also youre right about BJ and Nate being LW's, but he destroyed them and both have found success at 170

C'mon now...don't go trying to legitimize Rory's opponents after you've spent the last year or more badmouthing Nick's almost identical opponents.

Devils advocate much?!

Not gonna try to say you're wrong, cause I think you raise a good point, but I think one has to take into account that Rory is a much younger fighter than Diaz and is improving a ton. Diaz is much the same fighter as he has been the last 5 years or so. Maybe a bit better with the TDD though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.