UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dirty Kempo over BJJ, apparently.

5/4/13 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cojendo
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -
TeamRenzo - What a load of shit. His pauses were really awkward.

indeed his pauses were like eli porter

does he know a bjj guy could eye gouge him too, and would probably be in the top position?

Nope. BJJers just lie on their backs like a whore on prom night. Locking my feet is BJJ, right? Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 10:48 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap . . .

I'm never not amazed that these people still exist.

Has nobody told him that merely having BJJ training doesn't mean you pull guard in a street fight?

Hate to break it to him, but while guard is no doubt the best of the bottom positions, it's not where you choose to go. He's much more likely to end up having to deal with somebody's top game.

And even assuming he ends up in somebody's guard, he obviously hasn't sought anybody out to show him what a good, active guard actually feels like. Stabbing the guy could work, but the other stuff ain't happening.

The guy really is just a sad dork, but it really does bother me that he no doubt has access to many BJJ schools in Baltimore where he could go and spend a little time in an upper belt's guard. Even he has to know--deep down--that this is really what he should do if he wants to claim that he can overcome a good guard. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 11:00 PM
Jacinto
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

the funny thing about all these fighting dirty against BJJ tactics is they never seem to take into account that the BJJ practitioner can fight dirty too and most likely be more effective at it
5/5/13 12:00 AM
RearNakedToke
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a steet fight the first thing I'm going to do is poke that old idiot as hard as I can in the eyes and do out him on his ass. I've never met a BJJ instructor that tells you to pull guard in a self defense situation as your first move lol. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 12:01 AM
RearNakedToke
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit my grammar sucks, I meant put him on his ass lol. Fuckin phone Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 12:17 AM
ChaosOverkill
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crack and TMA don't mix there master knobhead

5/5/13 12:25 AM
buddie
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems legit.
5/5/13 12:33 AM
King Trav
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First thing I know I do in a street fight is pull guard...unless of course the fucker is too far away...then I just sit down and butt scoot towards him. I hope none of the guys imma gonna fight see this. I'm liable to get karate chopped and stabbed! Fuuuck. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 1:09 AM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacinto - lol

the funny thing about all these fighting dirty against BJJ tactics is they never seem to take into account that the BJJ practitioner can fight dirty too and most likely be more effective at it

This. Dude wants to make his students feel better about not kowing how to grapple. BJJ is a sport but if you know BJJ you will have the upper hand against someone who doesnt when the time comes and you have to fight dirty or use a knife. The general theory being that the better you know your body and the positions you may end up in while in a fight the better you will do. MMA is the result of that theory.

dog brothers 'die less often' is a good place to go for knife defense btw.
5/6/13 4:44 PM
Cojendo
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With his amazing wrestling, I can only assume, he has been in these positions with BJJ masters in the past. His offensive knowledge of attacks in the legendary stationary BJJ guard are mind bottling. Actually, I'd bet dollars to donuts that he's quite proficient with a bottle also.

I should ask him how many BJJers he had to decimate in order to learn these secrets. Perhaps, he's a natural. Quite possibly, THE NATURAL!!! Randy Couture, Robert Redford, Rick Flare...it's time to find a new name. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 4:54 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He goes to gouge my eyes I wrist control his hands,

he goes for knees I sweep. "He has literally no defense but to stand up"

If he threw sloppy punches like that there would be an arm bar following Phone Post
5/6/13 6:50 PM
dhughes
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I worry about these kinds of guys teaching women's defense. While an eye gouge or bite might be effective, it also raises the rules of engagement. If you are in a fight for your life, you do whatever you can, but otherwise trying to gouge at an eye will most likely get you gouged right back especially if you are in a compromised position.

I remember seeing a fight where the guy on the bottom tried headbutting the guy on top...which then gave the guy on top the idea to headbutt back. Whoops.
5/6/13 6:51 PM
Cojendo

Huey Freeman -
andyman011 - He goes to gouge my eyes I wrist control his hands,

If he threw sloppy punches like that there would be an arm bar following Phone Post
Sometimes you people are as deluded as the tma crazies.

He does this....

I just do this

He does that....

I just do that.

You should buy yourself a kempo knife. Phone Post 3.0
My Kempo knife is half serrated. I just never know when I might have to cut my Kempo rope Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 6:57 PM
MasterofMartialArts
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -

This guy is a quote machine

"Boston is covered in glass and used condoms"

"BJJ...is a good way to get hep"

"reach around, find a finger, break that thing...no one will fight with a broken finger"

"Always carry a knife...a kempo knife"

He literally only really said one of those things Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 7:01 PM
MasterofMartialArts
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey Freeman -

He does this....

I just do this

He does that....

I just do that.

LOL
They make it sound so easy Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 12:14 AM
andyman011

MasterofMartialArts -
Huey Freeman -

He does this....

I just do this

He does that....

I just do that.

LOL
They make it sound so easy Phone Post 3.0
It really wouldn't be that hard. One unarmed opponent who has very limited grappling and is willing to give up sweeps for attacks. He would get flipped into mount the second he went to punch or knee. With a knife different story Phone Post
5/7/13 8:59 AM
halfninja
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if you have a kempo knife, and the guy from the other thread has his $3.50 dollar store knife, who wins?
5/7/13 9:14 AM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 -  He goes to gouge my eyes I wrist control his hands,

haha this is so funny - "He LITERALLY has no defense but to stand up".

Off the top of my head:
1. Scissor sweep
2. Arm drag to the back
3. Overhook to Armlock
4. Overhook to triangle
5. Wrist locks
6. Underhook, to butterfly sweep
7. Omoplata
8. Hip bump sweep

What a fucking nerd - we are talking about this guy in that other thread too - its on the main page the last few days. I think its called "Dojo storm thread" or something.

PEACE
5/7/13 9:23 AM
Phil999

RearNakedToke - Holy shit my grammar sucks, I meant put him on his ass lol. Fuckin phone Phone Post 3.0

I was wondering...first time it sounded ghey.
5/7/13 9:26 AM
Chadderz
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The man... The LEGEND, is back! Back pedalling like his name was Lyoto Machida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VLWYCaetQVw
5/7/13 9:51 AM
Cojendo

halfninja - So if you have a kempo knife, and the guy from the other thread has his $3.50 dollar store knife, who wins?
Society, if they manage to kill each other. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 10:06 AM
ShawnTheBadger
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - I worry about these kinds of guys teaching women's defense. While an eye gouge or bite might be effective, it also raises the rules of engagement. If you are in a fight for your life, you do whatever you can, but otherwise trying to gouge at an eye will most likely get you gouged right back especially if you are in a compromised position.

I remember seeing a fight where the guy on the bottom tried headbutting the guy on top...which then gave the guy on top the idea to headbutt back. Whoops.

I respectfully disagree with your entire premise.

There are no rules of engagement to raise in a street-fight.  There are no rules, gentlemens agreements, no holding back, no quarter asked, none taken.  A street or bar fight is full-tilt offensive and unbridled savagery.

Bites, head-butts, groin shots, eye-gouging, fish-hooking, additional unexpected opponents, and both carry weapons and impromptu battlefield weapons are all on the table.

The guy on the bottom trying to head-butt the guy on top, who then realizes (!) he can headbutt back, just shows that neither guy knew what the  hell he was doing in a street fight.

One thing that is very hard to teach to either sex is "zero to savage instantaneously."  Teaching folks facing a street/bar fight to immediately drop any pretense at civil behavior, and snap into true, no-bullshit, combat mode.

Kenpo-Man has never been in a serious street/bar fight in his entire adult life, if he thinks that a broken finger will stop a determined attacker.  I have finished fights and been 100% oblivious to my injuries, many of which, many times over, were worse than a broken finger.  Adrenalin (and whatever other chemicals your body dumps) is a helluva drug.

Grappling in a street fight will inflict nasty road-rash, cuts and abrasions, even if it is a clean swept (nightclub) concrete or asphalt parking lot.  No "condoms, needles, glass" necessary.  I have a permanent scar on my right knee from mount position while in bar fights.  Big, pink circle, no hair.  Ground right through dress pants.  Got a quarter-sized scar on the outside of my right elbow from the same type of abrasion.

I would not accept instruction in self-defense from Kenpo-Man.  He's clueless. 

5/7/13 10:09 AM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why havent we seen this?!?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLWYCaetQVw
5/7/13 10:24 AM
Cojendo

uberpinscher - why havent we seen this?!?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLWYCaetQVw
Would a blue be so kind to link this? Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 10:38 AM
Cojendo

The second video is a response to all of the replays to his original video. He states that it wasn't fair to pin street Kempo to sport BJJ. Some BJJer actually went to his school not to challenge him, but to have a discussion with him about why he was wrong an explained why.
In the end the BJJer was invited back to to a seminar. They might have also had cake. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.