UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> PBF Guarantied $32 Million--on Million PPV Buys

5/4/13 4:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/13 4:11 AM

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9240531/floyd-mayweather-jr-earn-record-tying-guarantee-32-million-fight-robert-guerrero

"I think when you see a total like that it speaks for itself," Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer, whose company will pay Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "He has established clearly that level of $32 million as a guarantee and remember: He will make much more after everything is counted because he keeps 90 percent of the profit from the event. The $32 million is just the contract minimum. The bulk of everything else goes to him."

5/4/13 4:15 AM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The purses for the other televised bouts are $375,000 apiece for featherweight titlist Daniel Ponce De Leon (44-4, 35 KOs) and challenger Abner Mares (25-0-1, 13 KOs); junior featherweight Leo Santa Cruz (23-0-1, 13 KOs), who vacated his bantamweight world title to move up in weight, will earn $165,000, while opponent Alexander Munoz (36-4, 28 KOs) will make $25,000; and middleweight J'Leon Love (15-0, 8 KOs) will make $100,000 and his opponent, Gabriel Rosado (21-6, 13 KOs), will earn $60,000."

Things that make you go hmmmm

5/4/13 4:15 AM
Sid22
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes gonna steal schaefer and fuck oscar when he quits fighting
5/4/13 4:27 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He keeps 90 percent of the profits from the event"

DAMN! Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 4:29 AM
SOO72

It's eiter Promoters or Fighters getting their diameter stretched, there seems to be no middle ground.
5/4/13 4:31 AM
Macedawgg

So, on one million PPV buys, this event generates at least $35 million in profit, and according to Schaeffer, much more. 

Undercard televised fight purses total $1.1 million. . .

5/4/13 5:03 AM
daba

this is why kids pick boxing over traneing UFC Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 5:18 AM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is 90 percent of the draw....

5/4/13 6:10 AM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Without the Floyd fight none of the boxers on the card make that kind of money so nothing wrong with it.

5/4/13 7:40 AM
Brigham
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

98% IMO Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 8:15 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he keeps ninety percent the profits what the fuck is in it for the other parties involved. It just does not seem like great business considering there really not a lot of other big money making chances arpund in modern day boxing.

Anyways if this dude ever runs out of money in his later years i am fucking going to die of laughter.

Floyd by boring decision. Technically on another planet but never really brave enough to take any significent risks. That and the silly amount of money he made will be the story of Floyd. Dont think he will have a great legacy outside the boxing world. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 8:17 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow Worships Satan -
KickYoNuts -

Without the Floyd fight none of the boxers on the card make that kind of money so nothing wrong with it.

Actually not that correct. Mares makes that amount now on his own. So does Santa Cruz and Love.

Ponce De Leon is the one who benefits from this greatly, going from 100k purses to 345k is a steep jump. Phone Post
That may be true but is there a better showcase than performing well on a Mayweather card? Phone Post
5/4/13 8:22 AM
behzad

Brigham -
12SixElbow -

98% IMO Phone Post 3.0
There may be equality.

But no justice. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 9:12 AM
Ingrained Media
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
In boxing fans show up to see Floyd and he makes the lions share. In MMA people attend a UFC event and they get the lions share.

However you can be assured that Zuffa knows where the buys come from (by zip code) and this likely strongly influences undisclosed pay.

Brock was able to show he put asses in the seats and he made millions each night he fought. Not PBF millions but I would guess in each of his title fights he made over $5M undisclosed.

MMA vs Boxing on a linear scale would put MMA in the 1940's of the boxing era and no one was making big money back then.
5/4/13 9:13 AM
Macedawgg

On a linear scale?

What does that even mean?

Why not put it on a revenue vs. pay scale?  Wouldn't that be far more logical?

5/4/13 9:16 AM
hubris
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how the hell was Mayweather having money problems?
5/4/13 9:19 AM
Ingrained Media
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/13 9:27 AM
Mace I mean that the sport of MMA is not evolved as the sport of boxing. We have no PBF in MMA. He could show up on Macedawgg Promotions and make 30M. he is the draw. No athlete like him in the sport of MMA.

Maybe in time we will. I know how much you enjoy bashing Zuffa. However the last thing you need is the sport to have a PBF. If that happens the fighters can kiss your idea goodbye.

The rest of the card is making shit money. So unless you wanted to remove PBF from the revenue to pay study (since MMA has no PBF) your argument is not going to hold up.
5/4/13 9:28 AM
Ingrained Media

Mace I edited outUnion from the above post, I know you have not built a union. I used the wrong word in my ignorance.
5/4/13 9:29 AM
Macedawgg

Jason, you and I met and discussed the association, and you have exposed yourself as a liar.  No surprise to me!

I have met with many, all over, and always say the same thing. 

Bash Zuffa?  I bash the current model of MMA.  It is promotion indendent.  Bellator's contracts are in fact worse than Zuffa's, but not by much. 

No athlete like PBF in MMA?  I beg to differ.  I think you have more than a handful that would be bigger stars--they don't have the ability to self promote. 

As to your comment about earnings of boxers in the 1940's--again, false.  Should be your job to know-and you don't.  That's sad. 

I'm not relying on any paycheck from MMA--so I don't have to pander.

5/4/13 9:36 AM
clayclamitia
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -
12SixElbow -

98% IMO Phone Post 3.0
100% IMO. No way anybody is paying $70 to watch Robert. He is extremely tough and really fun to watch but this is the Money show. Guerrero is a great HBO headliner but unless he pulls off a miracle I don't really see him ever being a huge PPV draw on his own. If it was Canello in his place then the percentages would be much different. That fight really needs to happen next if Floyd wins. Canello didn't look that sharp against Trout so hopefully Floyd will take the fight. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 9:52 AM
Bobby Lupo
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brahs, the Zuffa undisclosed bonuses make up for it....really, no seriously. GSP or Lesnar are/were MMAs Floyd and they pocket 1/10th (being generous) of what floyd makes for 1 fight in 3 of theirs. 

Even the little fellas are making 337k and 165k. 

5/4/13 10:04 AM
Ingrained Media

Macedawgg - 

Jason, you and I met and discussed the association, and you have exposed yourself as a liar.  No surprise to me!

I have met with many, all over, and always say the same thing. 

Bash Zuffa?  I bash the current model of MMA.  It is promotion indendent.  Bellator's contracts are in fact worse than Zuffa's, but not by much. 

No athlete like PBF in MMA?  I beg to differ.  I think you have more than a handful that would be bigger stars--they don't have the ability to self promote. 

As to your comment about earnings of boxers in the 1940's--again, false.  Should be your job to know-and you don't.  That's sad. 

I'm not relying on any paycheck from MMA--so I don't have to pander.

So someone corrects themselves and you come after them with insults? No wonder you gain so little traction in this sport. Union/Associations etc. Lawyers are masters of words.

Who exactly is stopping JBJ or Anderson from self promotion?
5/4/13 10:08 AM
Macedawgg

We must have been typing at the same time Jason.

And that wasn't a correction--you did it intentionally.   Probably thought better when you thought I might correct you--which I did.

As to the insults--what insult?  You lied, I called you out on it.

You misstated facts--I called you out on it.  You should know.  You represent athletes in MMA and demonstrate a lack of knowledge.  It is quite surprising.

5/4/13 10:09 AM
Macedawgg

Ah, the distinction isn't just semantic Jason--you know that as well.  You and I discussed this at length. 

Lying again.

5/4/13 10:09 AM
Ingrained Media

Bobby Lupo - 

Brahs, the Zuffa undisclosed bonuses make up for it....really, no seriously. GSP or Lesnar are/were MMAs Floyd and they pocket 1/10th (being generous) of what floyd makes for 1 fight in 3 of theirs. 

Even the little fellas are making 337k and 165k. 

No one said they make up for it. I am saying that PBF makes that money because he is the draw for the PPV. The general population knows about contract pay and of the night bonuses. Yet 99% of the fighters make more. The UFC pays for performance and promotion. When an athlete can prove they add value to the buys they can even get a contractual cut just like PBF.

Show me one fighter that we have in MMA that you can put on a card and sell 500PPV with little or no promotion?

Fact there are guys on major boxing cards that make under 10/10

I have a client that made 200K a year not fighting a single time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.