UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can H. SCHOOL WRESTLER w/ size & reach beat RONDA?

5/4/13 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AWilliams
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I argue no. The former high school wrestler argues yes (with "one month of extensive and dedicated MMA training," of course).

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Staff_Editorials_19/article_16724.shtml
5/4/13 12:45 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can a man pee on an electric fence without getting shocked? Hmmmm Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 12:48 PM
UGCTTN00B
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even going to read it. Too hilarious enough as it is.
5/4/13 12:56 PM
ShawnTheBadger
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No.

The former HS wrestler just got flipped on his head and his arm broken.

End of fight.

5/4/13 12:57 PM
awesomestprime
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could the guy in that article beat her? Doesn't sound like it.

Could a stud HS wrestler his size? Yes, I think he could.
5/4/13 1:37 PM
ShermanAter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda would arm bar that dude into a living death.
5/4/13 2:12 PM
guardbr8kr

Yes, easily. Donkey Punch to a head and arm defeats Honda.
5/4/13 2:16 PM
mendelson
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWilliams - I argue no. The former high school wrestler argues yes (with "one month of extensive and dedicated MMA training," of course).

How good is the wrestler? JC scrub? State/ National Placewinner? Weight class?

Too many variables here... Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 4:36 PM
mendelson
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - I would say no. I think it's going to take an elite Jiu Jitsu practitioner to defeat Ronda.
I disagree. A legitimate 135 lb. state champ from CA, PA, OK, MN, NJ, et cetera would beat her ass. They may not be her caliber of pure skill; however, the strength difference between a young man and grown woman is vast. I'm not sure that she could compensate for that deficiency. In addition, elite HS wrestlers (think Jason Welch, Eric Grajales) are not going to be easily thrown by a judoka. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 5:55 PM
AWilliams

mendelson - 
AWilliams - I argue no. The former high school wrestler argues yes (with "one month of extensive and dedicated MMA training," of course).

Pre-cut, 180 lbs; overall athletic ability what you would expect from a general Div. 3 athlete; didn't do much in high school wrestling but put little effort into it.
5/4/13 6:08 PM
FormrChamp

Some of you people really need to get off of Rhondas teeeeeets...
5/4/13 6:11 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I swear to god, the people on this forum have no grip on reality.

Boys and girls are not the same, ok? This isn't sexist opinion, this is fact.
5/4/13 8:18 PM
mendelson

AWilliams -
mendelson - 

Pre-cut, 180 lbs; overall athletic ability what you would expect from a general Div. 3 athlete; didn't do much in high school wrestling but put little effort into it.
In that case, not likely. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 8:37 PM
Sadyv

With a few months, probably.

The very best female basketball players struggle and need special rules to hang with guys who weren't good enough to play college ball, women's national soccer teams lose to elite 15 year old boys clubs, the best female tennis players in the world get beat like a drum by their scrub NCAA male tennis training partners.

I don't see why this would be any different.
5/4/13 9:04 PM
Son of Neckbone
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadyv - With a few months, probably.

The very best female basketball players struggle and need special rules to hang with guys who weren't good enough to play college ball, women's national soccer teams lose to elite 15 year old boys clubs, the best female tennis players in the world get beat like a drum by their scrub NCAA male tennis training partners.

I don't see why this would be any different.

Apt comparison. A good HS boys basketball team could compete and win in the WNBA championship.

Also in an mma bout, with no gi, I think Rousey would have a hard time even getting this fight to the ground against a talented HS wrestler.

The Diaz Bros are not wrestlers, and they were able to casually defend her TDs in the training videos.
5/4/13 9:28 PM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't matter who takes who down...their arm would break all the same.

See Gracie In Action.
5/4/13 9:44 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this thread was "could so and so take ronda down," then I might understand, but in MMA< just like when Ronda rolled with The TUF guys or Manvel or the BJJ guys, she would armbar a HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLER.
You guys (especially the ones ho wrestled in high school) need to get off high school wrestlers jocks. OLYMPIC JUDOKA, UFC CHAMPION, ......high school wrestler.
5/4/13 9:54 PM
ShanTheMan
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WiqedWhite50 -  Lol at any dude at home thinking about beating up chicks Phone Post

LOL @ most of my bathroom time then....
5/4/13 9:56 PM
D TRE
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mendelson - 
CRMartin11 - I would say no. I think it's going to take an elite Jiu Jitsu practitioner to defeat Ronda.
I disagree. A legitimate 135 lb. state champ from CA, PA, OK, MN, NJ, et cetera would beat her ass. They may not be her caliber of pure skill; however, the strength difference between a young man and grown woman is vast. I'm not sure that she could compensate for that deficiency. In addition, elite HS wrestlers (think Jason Welch, Eric Grajales) are not going to be easily thrown by a judoka. Phone Post 3.0

I attended a training camp(Ken Chertow) with the Grajeles brothers...this was in 2002 lol. Eric must of been in elementary school...he was very skilled though regardless of age.

5/4/13 10:27 PM
mendelson

McLeod - If this thread was "could so and so take ronda down," then I might understand, but in MMA< just like when Ronda rolled with The TUF guys or Manvel or the BJJ guys, she would armbar a HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLER.
You guys (especially the ones ho wrestled in high school) need to get off high school wrestlers jocks. OLYMPIC JUDOKA, UFC CHAMPION, ......high school wrestler.
Ummm... She has a vagina and a level of test like a woman. The HS kid, in comparison, has a test level of likely close to 2000. He is trained in the most effective base for combat sports an has gown himself o be at an elite level for his age. Rousey, while incredibly talented, would not have been able to win a single match in Judo in a men's division.

I referred a match between a girls Olympic silver medalist- Patricia Miranda- in Freestyle wrestling and a HS senior. He physically pummeled her than picked her up and smashed her into the mat for the touch fall. It wasn't even close, and Miranda would likely have given Rousey absolute hell if she were the same weight and still competing.

Regardless- we will see soon enough. McMann will fight Rousey and likely lose, but it will be exceptionally competitive. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 10:28 PM
mendelson

D TRE -
mendelson - 

I attended a training camp(Ken Chertow) with the Grajeles brothers...this was in 2002 lol. Eric must of been in elementary school...he was very skilled though regardless of age.

Eric was a Middle School kid at that time. Great kid. His dad is one of the funniest guys I've ever met in my life. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 10:31 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

no

5/5/13 1:26 AM
Mayweedz
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really understand these threads, but in pure sub-grappling, rhonda would probably have an advantage if the wrestler only had 1 month of training. With just 1 month I doubt the wrestler would be able to pull of a submission on Rhonda especially if he was not used to handling the guard. Plus his sub-defense would be suspect, and Rhonda would be able to fish for subs almost at will.

Now when it comes to MMA it would be a little different. The difference is in punch power. If the guy was really willing to unload on Rhonda it would really change things quite a bit. Rhonda is able to kind of walk into a hip throw in the woman's divisions but that might be because a lot of her women competition does not really have the ability to instill fear of true knock out power. In a way I almost think a good female boxer with 6 months of MMA training would have a better chance against Rhonda than a lot of the current female MMA fighters.

Anyways, who would want to watch a guy vs girl all out MMA fight anyways? If Rhonda won then it would be by tap out. If she lost it would be by a horrific beating.
5/5/13 1:35 AM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys think Ronda hasn't been grappling boys/men all of her grappling life?
You are crazy!

As a teen, she beat men in Judo...when they made her enter the men's division.

She's been training with Golden Boys wrestling for several years now.

Her trainer is a former "World" wrestling champ.

Get off the ignorant hate.
5/5/13 2:13 AM
Sadyv

nowaydo - You guys think Ronda hasn't been grappling boys/men all of her grappling life?
You are crazy!

As a teen, she beat men in Judo...when they made her enter the men's division.

She's been training with Golden Boys wrestling for several years now.

Her trainer is a former "World" wrestling champ.

Get off the ignorant hate.

Female tennis players play with scrub male tennis players all their life to, because even those scrubs would be ranked number 1 on the women's tour and barely lose a match all year.

I really don't understand why people think Ronda and grappling/martial arts are somehow different from every other sport comparison between men and women. Ronda didn't even dominate women's judo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.