UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can H. SCHOOL WRESTLER w/ size & reach beat RONDA?

5/5/13 12:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Son of Neckbone
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure that she would be able to put a strong HS wrestler on the mat at all. Although most of them are absolutely legal, the judo TDs are ineffective in wrestling because there are no gi handles.

The wrestler would likely knock her teeth out in mma. Not hating, just being realistic that there are obvious fundamental differences in gender, and no coincidence that there has never been a crossover athlete in ANY real sport that was such a great female that she was able to compete at a professional level with men.
5/5/13 2:50 PM
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure it helps people sleep at night thinking a high school wrestler would stand a chance against an Olympic level athlete and MMA champion because she is a woman.

The reality is NO. Wouldn't happen and anyone that really believes they could beat her has done nothing but show how little they know about MMA. After all these years they still think a small difference in size or strength overcomes years of world class experience and expertise. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 2:52 PM
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone - I'm not sure that she would be able to put a strong HS wrestler on the mat at all. Although most of them are absolutely legal, the judo TDs are ineffective in wrestling because there are no gi handles.

The wrestler would likely knock her teeth out in mma. Not hating, just being realistic that there are obvious fundamental differences in gender, and no coincidence that there has never been a crossover athlete in ANY real sport that was such a great female that she was able to compete at a professional level with men.
At a "professional level" is the problem. We are talking a High School wrestler here which is about as far from professional as you can get. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 3:47 PM
mendelson
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - I'm sure it helps people sleep at night thinking a high school wrestler would stand a chance against an Olympic level athlete and MMA champion because she is a woman.

The reality is NO. Wouldn't happen and anyone that really believes they could beat her has done nothing but show how little they know about MMA. After all these years they still think a small difference in size or strength overcomes years of world class experience and expertise. Phone Post 3.0
Pull that blanket of delusion up really tight... It'll help you sleep at night. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 4:43 PM
Son of Neckbone
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - 
Son of Neckbone - I'm not sure that she would be able to put a strong HS wrestler on the mat at all. Although most of them are absolutely legal, the judo TDs are ineffective in wrestling because there are no gi handles.

At a "professional level" is the problem. We are talking a High School wrestler here which is about as far from professional as you can get. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of this does depend on the size/skill of the wrestler.

There is a kid currently on the local team that is 17, weighs 220, has only lost 1 match the previous 2 seasons in regular HS competition, and placed 2nd, 2nd and 1st his last 3 years at Nationals.

I would bet my life on it that Rhonda Rousey has almost zero chance of putting this kid on the ground.

There are also the b-team of 120 pound, 14 year old bench rides on the team, and likely Rhonda has a very good chance against them.

Like I said previously, the Diza Bros (not wrestlers) fended off Rhonda's TDs with little effort. An actual strong wrestler would do the same.
5/5/13 5:52 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at that video being a real wrestling practice. When i was on my HS team, we took shits with more intensity than that.
5/5/13 6:05 PM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/05/13 6:05 PM
Takedowns are not the issue. Do they know where to put their arms once they are down? Unless they have spent some time grappling or MMA, they don't!

What is the average non-fighter going to do in Ronda's guard?

Post with one hand and punch with the other? Armlock!!

There have been many women on college wrestling teams, Sara for one.
Go on youtube and see countless guys being submitted by women with actual submission knowledge. A high school wrestler with no-submission knowledge? No matter who was on top, it would become a submission match once it hit the ground.

This is a 1990 debate.

The stupid question would of made more sense if it was can Ronda or any other woman beat trained pro fighter in MMA? The answer would be no.
5/5/13 6:24 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is he using strictly wrestling? of course he wouldn't win
5/5/13 7:35 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda gets rocked by girls her size. A guy would leave her snoring Phone Post
5/5/13 9:12 PM
BullyKiller
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 10:31 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

andyman011 -  Rhonda gets rocked by girls her size. A guy would leave her snoring Phone Post

most people do not know how to throw a punchand have zero footwork..shes definitely clinching..its definitely going to the ground...whether shes on top or on bottom, it would end quickly

5/5/13 10:39 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

tikmovado - LOL, we have a kid here in Ne/IA named Anthony Sherry that would wreck RR.

how?

5/5/13 10:55 PM
So u my gf now?
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - I'm sure it helps people sleep at night thinking a high school wrestler would stand a chance against an Olympic level athlete and MMA champion because she is a woman.

This Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 11:09 PM
ShawnTheBadger
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - I'm sure it helps people sleep at night thinking a high school wrestler would stand a chance against an Olympic level athlete and MMA champion because she is a woman.

This is correct.

5/5/13 11:14 PM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 
JerodR - I'm sure it helps people sleep at night thinking a high school wrestler would stand a chance against an Olympic level athlete and MMA champion because she is a woman.

This is correct.

^^^^
5/5/13 11:15 PM
Caught_clean
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nog fan of judo and Ronda, but I would love to know how she would get a decent male wrestler to the ground. She could probably sub one with only a month of bjj off her back though, but she's no wizard off her back and it wouldn't be as easy as some think. Phone Post
5/5/13 11:16 PM
Caught_clean

Big* Phone Post
5/5/13 11:23 PM
Vikingknee
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the ground she will get the arm bar. She won't take down an elite hs wrestler. Not even get close Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 11:47 PM
nowaydo

Most H.S. wrestlers do not know how to wrestle. Most of the better ones have one good attribute (strength, speed, cardio, explosiveness, toughness) and one good move.

As far as the "art" and "science" of wrestling, they don't have a clue. If they get to college, that's where they learn that. Josh Koschek talked a lot about that, saying he had no idea how to wrestle until he got to college.

90% of H.S. wrestlers are "white belts" in wrestling.

The other 10% are usually coached by their dads and attend camps from the time they are 5-18 years old.

I've been involved in and around wrestling for over 35 years.
5/6/13 12:56 AM
Vikingknee
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nowaydo - Most H.S. wrestlers do not know how to wrestle. Most of the better ones have one good attribute (strength, speed, cardio, explosiveness, toughness) and one good move.

As far as the "art" and "science" of wrestling, they don't have a clue. If they get to college, that's where they learn that. Josh Koschek talked a lot about that, saying he had no idea how to wrestle until he got to college.

90% of H.S. wrestlers are "white belts" in wrestling.

The other 10% are usually coached by their dads and attend camps from the time they are 5-18 years old.

I've been involved in and around wrestling for over 35 years.
My area must be immune to this. Considering how many kids start as freshman and do well on good teams in the big ten. Chicagoland is no joke Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 1:16 AM
IamPUBLICaboutMYloveFORrap

Lol hs wrestler vs olympian judoka Phone Post
5/6/13 2:58 AM
FatFrenchFry
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the guy going straight for a takedown, being a rassla?
I have a feeling her armbar would be tricky to stop for someone with no submission awareness/training.
Or is he standing up and wanging? Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 3:26 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 -  Rhonda gets rocked by girls her size. A guy would leave her snoring Phone Post

I legit can't remember: when has Ronda ever been rocked in a match? I know she's been tagged by several opponents (Julia Budd, who has an elite Muay Thai background, is one example), but no one has come close to putting her in danger with a strike iirc. Miesha Tate getting her back and Carmouche getting very close to an RNC and then a neck crank are the only times I can remember Rousey in any real danger.

Anyway the example given: a good-but-nothing-special high school wrestler who walks around at 180 lbs. w/ 1 month MMA training, Ronda would break his arm and it would not even be close. Replace the dude with a high school state champion at close to Ronda's weight (again with 1 month intensive MMA training) and you have a much more intriguing match.

5/6/13 4:01 AM
foo55
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

High school kid would have too tough of a time containing his boner to concentrate on beating ronda Phone Post
5/6/13 6:41 AM
nowaydo

foo55 -  High school kid would have too tough of a time containing his boner to concentrate on beating ronda Phone Post

Maybe the most honest post yet!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.