UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can H. SCHOOL WRESTLER w/ size & reach beat RONDA?

5/6/13 9:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
awesomestprime
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

foo55 -  High school kid would have too tough of a time containing his boner to concentrate on beating ronda Phone Post

I retract my answer and go with this instead.
5/6/13 12:10 PM
Suppa24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She subs them and makes them cum there pants at the same time in under a min Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 2:29 PM
Son of Neckbone
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nowaydo - Takedowns are not the issue. Do they know where to put their arms once they are down? Unless they have spent some time grappling or MMA, they don't!

What is the average non-fighter going to do in Ronda's guard?

Post with one hand and punch with the other? Armlock!!

There have been many women on college wrestling teams, Sara for one.
Go on youtube and see countless guys being submitted by women with actual submission knowledge. A high school wrestler with no-submission knowledge? No matter who was on top, it would become a submission match once it hit the ground.

This is a 1990 debate.

The stupid question would of made more sense if it was can Ronda or any other woman beat trained pro fighter in MMA? The answer would be no.

This is assuming the wrestler would go for a TD in the first place. If she can't get them to the mat, clearly she would get busted up. I'm sure over the course of history it has happened, but I've never seen a single instance of a girl KOing a male athlete "with size and reach."
5/6/13 5:07 PM
pm1964
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It amazes me that people seem to overlook the fact that Ronda has been training with men everyday of her life since she was a little kid. She is not going to be thrown off her game by the kid described in the op. Even a little bit.
5/6/13 5:36 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Son of Neckbone - 
nowaydo - Takedowns are not the issue. Do they know where to put their arms once they are down? Unless they have spent some time grappling or MMA, they don't!

Go on youtube and see countless guys being submitted by women with actual submission knowledge. A high school wrestler with no-submission knowledge? No matter who was on top, it would become a submission match once it hit the ground.

This is a 1990 debate.

The stupid question would of made more sense if it was can Ronda or any other woman beat trained pro fighter in MMA? The answer would be no.

This is assuming the wrestler would go for a TD in the first place. If she can't get them to the mat, clearly she would get busted up. I'm sure over the course of history it has happened, but I've never seen a single instance of a girl KOing a male athlete "with size and reach."

you think a high school wrestler knows how to sprawl and brawl? she will clinch and the wrestler either gets taken down with a sneaky judo trip or his instincts kick in and he takes ronda down..either way, he would be FCKEd

5/6/13 5:49 PM
Kakkarotto_san

Rhonda is getting you to the mat. Once she does, it's over. She'll have an arm wrapped up in less than 30 seconds.

That's just reality, sorry boys.
5/7/13 12:35 PM
AWilliams

ttt
5/7/13 1:42 PM
mendelson
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Umm... No offense, but that kid does not look like he's an elite HS wrestler to me... Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 1:56 PM
dangerboy12
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen pretty high level female grapplers lose to High School boys in the novice divisions in grappling tournaments. And I have also seen high level female grapplers do very well in the novice divisions.

Now, those boys did have some submission training, so that throws in a variable.

How good is the wrestler? Does he know anything about submissions? Is he bigger.

There are probably hundreds of HS wrestlers that would smoke Rousey, but there are thousands that would get smoked.
5/7/13 1:57 PM
ABE FROMAN

So Ronda losing in a match that's 100% wrestling proves she can't sub or choke out said wrestler?

There's only one poster that would rely on such logic to prove that point....

5/7/13 2:02 PM
rockyrocks90
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Son of Neckbone - 

This is a 1990 debate.

you think a high school wrestler knows how to sprawl and brawl? she will clinch and the wrestler either gets taken down with a sneaky judo trip or his instincts kick in and he takes ronda down..either way, he would be FCKEd

this. assuming high school kids that gameplan to win fights to not use offensive wrestling is giving high school kids ALOT of credit.
as a 140 pound kid with minimal BJJ experience. i used to put the 189 state champ in triangles from my back. He would then pick me up and i would let go and thank him for not slamming me through the mat.

that said i believe Ronda could grab an arm with ease and twerk it for fun
5/7/13 2:09 PM
andyman011

Chromium -
andyman011 -  Rhonda gets rocked by girls her size. A guy would leave her snoring Phone Post

I legit can't remember: when has Ronda ever been rocked in a match? I know she's been tagged by several opponents (Julia Budd, who has an elite Muay Thai background, is one example), but no one has come close to putting her in danger with a strike iirc. Miesha Tate getting her back and Carmouche getting very close to an RNC and then a neck crank are the only times I can remember Rousey in any real danger.

Anyway the example given: a good-but-nothing-special high school wrestler who walks around at 180 lbs. w/ 1 month MMA training, Ronda would break his arm and it would not even be close. Replace the dude with a high school state champion at close to Ronda's weight (again with 1 month intensive MMA training) and you have a much more intriguing match.

Carmouche wobbled her Phone Post
5/7/13 2:27 PM

dangerboy12 - I've seen pretty high level female grapplers lose to High School boys in the novice divisions in grappling tournaments. And I have also seen high level female grapplers do very well in the novice divisions.

Now, those boys did have some submission training, so that throws in a variable.

How good is the wrestler? Does he know anything about submissions? Is he bigger.

There are probably hundreds of HS wrestlers that would smoke Rousey, but there are thousands that would get smoked.

ok, take your "high level female grappler" and then upgrade her to an elite level female grappler like tate...then upgrade her even further to someone that totally dominated tate in grappling (i.e. ronda), and then take that person and put her against the high school boy with no submission experience...

5/7/13 2:29 PM

ABE FROMAN - 

So Ronda losing in a match that's 100% wrestling proves she can't sub or choke out said wrestler?

she may have "lost", but she was definitely holding her own and giving problems to a high level, larger wrestler....and there were armars for days in those scrambles...lurn to think

5/7/13 2:32 PM
wiggum
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not close. Honda takes down and subs the elite high school wrestler.

I say that as a former DI wrestler.
5/7/13 3:02 PM
IP
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestling match - the HS wrestler

Submission match - arm bar lady
5/7/13 3:15 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 05/07/13 3:22 PM
ABE FROMAN - 

she may have "lost", but she was definitely holding her own and giving problems to a high level, larger wrestler....and there were armars for days in those scrambles...lurn to think

Which is exactly what I said, dum dum.

Learn to read, or at the very least, to comprehend.

Also, the most effective form of irony is when dumb people complain about intelligence but can't spell 'learn'.

5/7/13 3:49 PM

ABE FROMAN - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Which is exactly what I said, dum dum.

Learn to read, or at the very least, to comprehend.

Also, the most effective form of irony is when dumb people complain about intelligence but can't spell 'learn'.

lol...

5/7/13 5:02 PM
RocketsRedglare

We have pro-wrestler and, toward the end here, anti-wrestler bias but in the examples being discussed seriously,she'd be taken down in an mma match and get her faced punched in. She'd be in no position to control posture and could not hold an armbar if she put one on. Let's not take PC unisex too far. And, it would be no big victory for him, no big compliment to him, and no criticism of women.
5/7/13 9:09 PM
dangerboy12
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RocketsRedglare - We have pro-wrestler and, toward the end here, anti-wrestler bias but in the examples being discussed seriously,she'd be taken down in an mma match and get her faced punched in. She'd be in no position to control posture and could not hold an armbar if she put one on. Let's not take PC unisex too far. And, it would be no big victory for him, no big compliment to him, and no criticism of women.

She would beat the overwhelming majority of HS wrestlers. In wrestling, MMA, or sub grappling.

However, there are lots of elite HS wrestlers that would kick her ass in all 3.

I mean, for instance, Kelvin Gastelum was a HS wrestler 3 or 4 years ago, and it's becoming more and more common that HS kids are doing both wrestling and MMA training. I know that's a unique situation, but there are lots of similar guys out there these days.

MMA is very popular with kids, and lots of the kids into MMA wrestle in HS. So to assume a top level HS wrestler has no clue about what to do in a sub grappling, or MMA situation, against Rousey, wouldn't be wise.

But to think it would make any difference when considering merely good, average, and below average wrestlers is also wrong. Rhonda would toy with kids at that level.
5/7/13 11:11 PM
Caught_clean
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do people think she can take down a male wrestler her size? Yes she is miles ahead in submission wrestling but lol and her throwing a actual male athlete.
5/7/13 11:47 PM
Gomrad
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesomestprime -
foo55 -  High school kid would have too tough of a time containing his boner to concentrate on beating ronda Phone Post

I retract my answer and go with this instead.
Yeah, Not a lot of normal men would willingly destroy a work of art...

However I am certain there are some bad ass HS wrestlers across the country street fighting every weekend without souls that would have no problem breaking such a moral code... Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 12:04 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mendelson - 
CRMartin11 - I would say no. I think it's going to take an elite Jiu Jitsu practitioner to defeat Ronda.
I disagree. A legitimate 135 lb. state champ from CA, PA, OK, MN, NJ, et cetera would beat her ass. They may not be her caliber of pure skill; however, the strength difference between a young man and grown woman is vast. I'm not sure that she could compensate for that deficiency. In addition, elite HS wrestlers (think Jason Welch, Eric Grajales) are not going to be easily thrown by a judoka. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah.

I think some of you guys are living in a fantasy world--like Star Wars--and you've misplaced your balls somewhere in the Dagobah system.
5/8/13 12:20 AM
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caught_clean -  Nog fan of judo and Ronda, but I would love to know how she would get a decent male wrestler to the ground. She could probably sub one with only a month of bjj off her back though, but she's no wizard off her back and it wouldn't be as easy as some think. Phone Post

she's been training with ryron for over a month

5/8/13 5:17 PM
Son of Neckbone
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Son of Neckbone - 

This is a 1990 debate.

Wrestlers don't know how to sprawl, hunh? My mind is blown.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.