UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier: Only JDS could beat Cain

5/4/13 6:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

B/R's Damon Martin interviewed Daniel Cormier, and discussed the state of the heavyweight division.

Although Cormier is adamant that he will not fight current UFC heavyweight champion and AKA teammate Cain Velasquez, he intends to stay at heavy for the moment.

"I always thought if I were to go down, I would need a lot of time to do it," said Cormier. "I think that still applies, but I would like to still fight. At the end of the day I can't cut massive amounts of weight.  That's well-documented from my problems in the Olympic games.  But I can diet, and when I'm dieting I can still fight.  Can I fight at 205? No.  Because it's too much weight to cut in a short period of time.  But could I fight a heavyweight fight and just be a little lighter? I think so."

Cormier was also adamant that Velasque is firmly at the top of the food chain.

"They're not beating Cain," Cormier said of the heavyweight contenders. "They're not good enough. I'm telling you right now I think they're great, I think Junior dos Santos is great.  I think Junior dos Santos has the best chance of beating Cain, but the rest, they're not beating him.  They're not good enough.  It's about as honest as I can be with you—they're not good enough to beat him."

Read entire article...

5/4/13 6:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/4/13 6:06 PM
TuLegit

He already has and he will again. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 6:18 PM
GregBell
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC should stay at heavyweight period for obvious reasons good choice imo.
5/4/13 6:18 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lastweek Cormier told mma tonight he was going to go and talk with his camp about his next choice I guess that's what they came up with, Daniel why you make us think you fight Jon fo Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 6:26 PM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The last paragraph you put Velasque but otherwise good read Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 6:37 PM
MMALOGIC

He's right... if JDS doesnt win the rubbermatch nobody is beating cain anytime soon.

5/4/13 6:39 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 05/04/13 6:43 PM

let's get DC vs Nelson next.  If Nelson wins he gets next HW title shot.  If DC wins he gets next shot at Jones.

5/4/13 7:17 PM
ortman166

I think werdum could give him problems... But yeah I agree. War jds!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 7:27 PM
BuddyRevell
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When it comes to heavyweights, there's Cain, JDS, and Cormier himself, and then there's everyone else.

5/4/13 7:30 PM
Vikingknee

Cormier could weigh 220 in like 2 months with a clean diet and cut to 205 easily. Wtf is this shit. He has tons of body fat Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 8:22 PM
GregBell
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/13 8:22 PM
what fight have you seen him in where he was in trouble due to his size? or his bodyfat % for that matter... He will lose some of his skill,speed,agility advantanges at 205 that he has over some/most of the heavyweights he would face
5/4/13 8:22 PM
GregBell

KingofBJJ - 
GregBell  - DC should stay at heavyweight period for obvious reasons good choice imo.

Nah. He's too small.

see above
5/4/13 8:27 PM
Brock Lobster
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think Werdum could give him trouble also. Perhaps Overeem but I doubt it. Wouldn't mind Cain reigning for a while though, definitely my favorite guy to watch fight! Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 8:40 PM
GregBell

Gay for Gil's el nino - 

too many people overlooking Werdum

Hes good very good one of the very skilled heavys no doubt but would you bet on him beating cain or DC? Both cain or DC open as at least 2-1 favs if not i'd crush that line.
5/4/13 8:40 PM
Odinson
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gay for Gil's el nino - 

this. and hunt can knock out or kill any human on earth on any given day. JDS is a bad dude. Nelson has the skill and heart to beat any man on earth on any given day also. Cormier get out of here with that bull shit.
5/4/13 8:45 PM
jj93

Werdum will beat Cain when they fight second round sub Phone Post
5/4/13 8:49 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

Odinson -
Gay for Gil's el nino - 

this. and hunt can knock out or kill any human on earth on any given day. JDS is a bad dude. Nelson has the skill and heart to beat any man on earth on any given day also. Cormier get out of here with that bull shit.
Nelson ain't beating JDS, Werdum or Cain anytime soon Phone Post
5/4/13 8:50 PM
jj93

GregBell -
Gay for Gil's el nino - 

Hes good very good one of the very skilled heavys no doubt but would you bet on him beating cain or DC? Both cain or DC open as at least 2-1 favs if not i'd crush that line.
I would only takes a few seconds for him to lock up a sub Phone Post
5/4/13 8:58 PM
DoomFarmer
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TuLegit - He already has and he will again. Phone Post 3.0
No he won't. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 9:03 PM
GregBell

jj93 - 
GregBell -
Gay for Gil's el nino - 

True i'll give you that always a possibility with Werdum but I think Cain bangs him out on the feet and DC taking a UDec unless of course Werdum locks up that sub.
5/4/13 9:30 PM
jj93

GregBell -
jj93 - 
GregBell -
Gay for Gil's el nino - 

True i'll give you that always a possibility with Werdum but I think Cain bangs him out on the feet and DC taking a UDec unless of course Werdum locks up that sub.
Werdum standing looked great in the Roy fight though Phone Post
5/4/13 10:44 PM
The Don Dada

Ummm no Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 10:51 PM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Werdum has advanced leaps and bounds with his striking and his clinch game. He will have no fear of the takedown and has some size on Cain - he could really open up with his striking vs. Cain like other opponents have not been able to, and probably utilize a good kicking game. He has decent cardio and is pretty durable - and off course, deadly off his back. I would still pick Cain over Werdum due to pace and pressure, but Werdum definitely poses some interesting problems for Cain.
5/4/13 11:02 PM
wink91wink

Did DC forget about Cole Conrad?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.