UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Strikeforce vs UFC record

5/4/13 8:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OGT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if there is already a thread on this or not but I'm curious if anyone has been keeping a running total of wins/losses between ufc and strikeforce fighters since the merge. I could be wrong but my guess is strikeforce is winning by a nice margin, atleast with the fighters I follow =P.

But yeah, anyone have any numbers for me?
5/4/13 8:25 PM
OGT

Swedgen - 

I heard it was like 16-16.  I could be wrong.  I read that during/after the most recent UFC.

Time to consider "traning Strikeforce".

lol @ traneing Strikeforce, I might start using that
5/4/13 8:26 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lost all their title shots.... All that matters imo Phone Post
5/4/13 8:30 PM
OGT

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -  Lost all their title shots.... All that matters imo Phone Post

eh, I'm not butthurt about it but I personally think Gil beat Bendo, that being said it was a really close fight.

Either way, I never doubted the UFC champs were better than the SF champs overall. Im more referring to the upper tier guys like Koschek, Diaz etc. who were definitely not expected to lose. It just seems to me that the SF guys are underrated simply for being in SF.
5/4/13 8:46 PM
OGT

Ten eight round -  If you didn't expect Thompson to tear up Nate then you havn't seen Thompson before.

Also, Healy wasn't a shock over Miller. Phone Post

I've seen Thompson before but honestly thought nate would win, also have seen Healy but expected Miller to win so I guess im just an idiot lol.
5/4/13 8:49 PM
JoeMimic
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten eight round - If you didn't expect Thompson to tear up Nate then you havn't seen Thompson before.

Healy was +250 and almost nobody on the boards were giving him a shot. Wasn't a shock for some of us but the consensus I'd say it was. Phone Post
5/4/13 8:51 PM
I LOVE GSP

Ten eight round -  If you didn't expect Thompson to tear up Nate then you havn't seen Thompson before.

when the hell was the last time thomson ko'ed someone? it would be expected that Thomson would do what he was doing in the first , be very evasive and try to win a point game the ko was totally unexpected.

agreed with the Healy statement.
5/4/13 9:05 PM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic -
Ten eight round - If you didn't expect Thompson to tear up Nate then you havn't seen Thompson before.

Healy was +250 and almost nobody on the boards were giving him a shot. Wasn't a shock for some of us but the consensus I'd say it was. Phone Post
Not true. Healy was a pretty trendy upset pick. A lot of sharp posters mentioned it. Phone Post
5/4/13 9:07 PM
JoeMimic
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bispingpokedmybrowneye -
JoeMimic -

Not true. Healy was a pretty trendy upset pick. A lot of sharp posters mentioned it. Phone Post
1-10 isn't a lot. I could bump a few Miller Healy threads that were heavy Miller picks. Phone Post
5/4/13 9:09 PM
JoeMimic

Check out the thread I just bumped. 91 votes 78% for Miller. Phone Post
5/4/13 9:12 PM
RyannVonDoom

Healy only had size over miller. It was like a 170er in there vs a 155er, and it was. 

But so far the strikeforce guys are whipping ass.. and Lorenz Carlton Larkin won that fight.. dont give a fuck what the records say. 

5/4/13 9:13 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/04/13 9:15 PM

I did a thread on it (strangely disappeared in Threadloss 2013) and I had it at 13-13.  Then someone pointed out that Robbie Lawler beat Josh Koscheck so that made it 14 wins versus 13 losses since the merger (and three off the losses were ones people thought the Strikeforce guys won [Larkin, Gilbert, Voelker]).

5/4/13 9:26 PM
PrettyBoy
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Strikeforce Merger proved that other Orgs fighters are on the exact same level as the UFC's talent. This has been especially true in the HW division which was clearly better than the UFC's.

Gil showed he could be UFC champ. DC could prob beat Cain but won't.Outside of him all Stirkeforce challengers in Reem, Werdum, Silva.

Dana's constant badgering of Strikeforce being the minor leagues with no top 10 fighters had clearly been dismantled. Phone Post 3.0
5/4/13 9:36 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGT -

I've seen Thompson before but honestly thought nate would win, also have seen Healy but expected Miller to win so I guess im just an idiot lol.
Not at all I thought the same Phone Post
5/4/13 9:49 PM
OGT

Evzey - 
OGT -

Not at all I thought the same Phone Post

well voted up for seeing it how I did =)
5/4/13 10:41 PM
OGT

Ten eight round -  Lol never said you were an idiot, just wasn't a true upset.

Lawlor v Kos was an even match on paper but many thought Kos would just fight to smart, didn't happen.

Cormier v Mir was much worse than everyone expected.

I've always been a fan of SF because I had to actively search for it so i appreciated it more. Healy has always been awesome. Surprised Gil Has such a large fanbase for being SF champ yet Rockhold gets very litte championship hespect. Phone Post

Yeah not sure why Rockhold isnt regarded as at the same level, Bisping's comments maybe? Who knows
5/4/13 10:45 PM
WRESTLENOW

strikeforce guys are kicking ass.
5/4/13 11:05 PM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockhold, Kennedy, Jacare are all going to be mainstays in the UFC MW division.

Anyone shitting on Strikeforce fighters at the time were guys who didn't follow the sport even BEFORE Strikeforce when guys like Gil, Jacare, Healy, Masvidal etc etc were either some of the top prospects in the world or extremely successful ALREADY.
5/4/13 11:47 PM
OGT

bispingpokedmybrowneye - Rockhold, Kennedy, Jacare are all going to be mainstays in the UFC MW division.

Anyone shitting on Strikeforce fighters at the time were guys who didn't follow the sport even BEFORE Strikeforce when guys like Gil, Jacare, Healy, Masvidal etc etc were either some of the top prospects in the world or extremely successful ALREADY.
I'm very excited to see how Jacare does in the ufc, I expect he'll add some wins for SF Phone Post
5/5/13 1:02 AM
OGT

Ten eight round - I used to love the challengers cards, like fight night cards you knew they were prospects and It was awesome.

Much better idea than putting no namers on main cards where people just bad mouth them. Challengers created alot of early respect for some of strikeforce's (now UFC's) biggest stars. Tate, Masvidal*, Mousasi*, Ronda all had fights on those cards if i'm not mistaken. Great showcasing platform Phone Post
I miss the challenger cards too, I always felt they were more exciting bc its always guys trying to prove themselves so they go yolo mode. Fewer lay and prays and wall and stalls Phone Post
5/5/13 2:26 AM
TheWolf88

Bobby green finish of volkman Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.