UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who should Mayweather fight next?

5/5/13 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JOESONDO
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should start another poll, who WILL Mayweather fight? Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 12:22 PM
ep915
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf.... You could tell this was made by someone who doesn't watch much boxing. Imo both those guys are coming off losses(trout boxed up canelo). I think the best guy he could fight was Maravilla but he didn't look too good against Murray and it coulda been argued he lost that match.

Theres marquez who is probably the number 2 guy in the world at 147, im not real interested in that though seeing as Floyd completely dominated him in the first fight and I cant see anything different happening in the rematch. Theres also Timothy Bradley I wouldn't mind seeing this fight next as he's undefeated(with an asterisk) and a top young dog.

Danny Garcia is another legimate test although he's down at 140 hes undefeated and beaten some pretty big names(Zab Judah, Amir Khan, Eric Morales x2). I think it might be time for him to step up to 147 and get a big money fight. Then theres amir khan who might be the fastest guy mayweather would face since hatton. Also Lamont peterseon is another 140 top dog who could jump up for the challenge.

Then we have the guy I'd like to see him fight the most, Austin trout. He imo outside of getting dropped looked great against canelo. He was controlling the distance and timing with his jab frustrating canelo and making him fight a very sloppy fight. I think his length and boxing smarts could trouble mayweather a little bit.

The thing to remember here is that Floyd has a 6 fight contract and the Guerrero fight was barely his first match. I believe we'll see the level of opposition go up and up with each fight. Hopefully he takes both of those big name fights during that time, but for people to act like those are the ONLY fight out there are stupid.
5/5/13 3:39 PM
Kansas Comet

Best two candidates out there overall.
5/5/13 3:53 PM
Philanderer
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I voted for Canelo simply because I don't think Manny's heart is in it anymore: being a politician in his native country, scandals, etc.
5/5/13 4:15 PM
TuLegit

The Canelo fight will happen. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 5:32 PM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate - Broner Phone Post
Not gona happen mayweather couldnt take the chance of punching himself in the dick Phone Post
5/5/13 5:42 PM
Kansas Comet

Canelo has my vote

5/5/13 5:48 PM
jojoblue
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who he should fight and who he will fight Isn't PAC with Golden Boy productions If so it won't happen :(
5/5/13 10:24 PM
scarfacedave
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ep915 - wtf.... You could tell this was made by someone who doesn't watch much boxing. Imo both those guys are coming off losses(trout boxed up canelo). I think the best guy he could fight was Maravilla but he didn't look too good against Murray and it coulda been argued he lost that match.

Theres marquez who is probably the number 2 guy in the world at 147, im not real interested in that though seeing as Floyd completely dominated him in the first fight and I cant see anything different happening in the rematch. Theres also Timothy Bradley I wouldn't mind seeing this fight next as he's undefeated(with an asterisk) and a top young dog.

Danny Garcia is another legimate test although he's down at 140 hes undefeated and beaten some pretty big names(Zab Judah, Amir Khan, Eric Morales x2). I think it might be time for him to step up to 147 and get a big money fight. Then theres amir khan who might be the fastest guy mayweather would face since hatton. Also Lamont peterseon is another 140 top dog who could jump up for the challenge.

Then we have the guy I'd like to see him fight the most, Austin trout. He imo outside of getting dropped looked great against canelo. He was controlling the distance and timing with his jab frustrating canelo and making him fight a very sloppy fight. I think his length and boxing smarts could trouble mayweather a little bit.

The thing to remember here is that Floyd has a 6 fight contract and the Guerrero fight was barely his first match. I believe we'll see the level of opposition go up and up with each fight. Hopefully he takes both of those big name fights during that time, but for people to act like those are the ONLY fight out there are stupid.

Actually, I've been boxing since I was five and had a few amateur bouts before I started MMA. I'm old now and those days are long gone.

I've been watching boxing as long as I can remember. However, I will admit I hardly follow it anymore, so you're assumption isn't entirely incorrect.

For the casual boxing fan, these are really the only fights people want to see.
5/5/13 10:58 PM
SmileyNY1985

I don't follow boxing that much but why hasn't Timothy Bradley fight Mayweather yet? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.