UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Leandro Lo's Knee Slide

5/5/13 7:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Open Mat Radio
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!

5/5/13 9:38 PM
Jstmike
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also in Phone Post
5/5/13 11:31 PM
Shinsplint
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for dynamic posting and neck crank passing.
5/5/13 11:33 PM
Biggy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

t Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 11:36 PM
philodox
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
5/5/13 11:45 PM
Novato
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tthefuckingtop!!
5/6/13 12:58 AM
Robobear
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed

5/6/13 3:28 AM
twisterboy
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, he posted a match breakdown here. Someone blue name pls?

https://bjjscout.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/leandro-lo-v-clark-gracie-copa-podia-2013-match-breakdown/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_5m6C5hCM
5/6/13 6:02 AM
PayItForward
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twisterboy - Cool, he posted a match breakdown here. Someone blue name pls?

https://bjjscout.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/leandro-lo-v-clark-gracie-copa-podia-2013-match-breakdown/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_5m6C5hCM

come clean.

are you "BJJ Scout" who makes the vids?

your join date and post count and leading off w/ these vids.

don't get me wrong, i'm greatful for the vids, but i have to know if you are the guy making the vids.

5/6/13 6:37 AM
twisterboy
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish I was mate :(.

Just thought I'd keep sharing since I first pointed out the blog
5/6/13 9:05 AM
spidermanik
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, one question though, and the pace of lo's passing makes it difficult to see, is what is meant by a neutral grip? This relates to the bullfighter pass Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 9:30 AM
Muffinho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spidermanik - Awesome, one question though, and the pace of lo's passing makes it difficult to see, is what is meant by a neutral grip? This relates to the bullfighter pass Phone Post 3.0

normally when you torreando, the grips are made on the inside of the legs, this kind of sells the passing sequence, and those grips are much harder to get. Leandro does his pass with grips on the outside of the legs. Those are grips that are not only easy to get, but usually not troubling to good guard players. I think Leandro is the only top competitor that uses those grips to pass.

I like the torreando pass a lot, and I have the same build is Leandro, but I can't get used to those grips.
5/6/13 11:14 AM
spidermanik
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you very much for that, will try it out tonight! Phone Post
5/6/13 2:37 PM
Magic Mago
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff. Phone Post
5/6/13 3:53 PM
baby-silverback
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for passing beauty Phone Post
5/6/13 4:03 PM
deepu
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
5/6/13 4:03 PM
HoldYerGround
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lo is a gritty passer, he's relentless.

A lot of his success in passing is less a matter of technique and more a matter of his physical fitness and mindset.
5/6/13 7:23 PM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HoldYerGround - Lo is a gritty passer, he's relentless.

A lot of his success in passing is less a matter of technique and more a matter of his physical fitness and mindset.

Not quite sure I agree with that... If you watch and read all the breakdowns he is continually using the same grips and holds. It's all technique. He has tailored great balance and explosiveness into that technique, but it is still just solid tech.

I really enjoyed the breakdowns, keep em' comin'!
5/6/13 8:24 PM
HoldYerGround
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not saying his level of technique is inferior.

But if there is one thing in those videos (which are very good BTW) that isn't being mentioned its his overall strategy and mindset dealing with "open" or "unsettled" situations, where neither player has some kind of dominating control or grips on the other. This is where he is most dangerous, the dude just GOES for it. He takes risks and always assumes that some kind of attack or sweep attempt will pay off in his favor as a potential pass. He's opportunistic and keeps the game free and chaotic rather than tight and controlling so he can recognize small mistakes to advantage of.

His techniques are great, and they obviously work well. But the real key to what makes Leandro Leandro is his killer instinct and his domination of the "open" game. Players like Buchecha are the same way.
5/6/13 10:45 PM
Mit
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 8:13 AM
shin2chin
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt 4 later
5/7/13 9:01 AM
Stubbsy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HoldYerGround - I'm not saying his level of technique is inferior.

But if there is one thing in those videos (which are very good BTW) that isn't being mentioned its his overall strategy and mindset dealing with "open" or "unsettled" situations, where neither player has some kind of dominating control or grips on the other. This is where he is most dangerous, the dude just GOES for it. He takes risks and always assumes that some kind of attack or sweep attempt will pay off in his favor as a potential pass. He's opportunistic and keeps the game free and chaotic rather than tight and controlling so he can recognize small mistakes to advantage of.

His techniques are great, and they obviously work well. But the real key to what makes Leandro Leandro is his killer instinct and his domination of the "open" game. Players like Buchecha are the same way.
Actually, that's a far better explanation, I agree with you completely. Phone Post
5/8/13 4:06 PM
icon115
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
5/8/13 6:15 PM
flee76
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone save the last vid? Looks like it was removed.
5/8/13 9:37 PM
vegard
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has this been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOalcyCPGVk

I love his passing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.