UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who do you think can beat Mayweather?

5/7/13 10:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Judge Mental
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who can beat Floyd.

1982 Sugar Ray Leonard.

Other than that, not a lot of people could get through that type of defense.

5/7/13 10:09 PM
TzTinkle
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If we're talking all time there are a lot of guys that could beat Floyd at 147/140...

Armstrong
Robinson
Hearns
Pryor
Duran
Leonard

Just to name some people I would favor over Floyd at those weights
5/7/13 10:15 PM
Judge Mental
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TzTinkle - If we're talking all time there are a lot of guys that could beat Floyd at 147/140...

Armstrong
Robinson
Hearns
Pryor
Duran
Leonard

I think Duran would be a bad matchup for him. 

5/7/13 10:37 PM
dazed1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DezzNutzz -
NJstileNJ - Nobody can or will beat him... Guerrero was literally swinging at air, by the time he was done with his punch mayweather was already behind him. He would do the same to everyone else. The closest fight would be with Sergio Martinez but I think Sergio is slowing down judging by his last fight and half. Canelo would get knocked out by mayweather as would Garcia. Phone Post 3.0
Canelo get knocked out by Mayweather? Are you on drugs? Phone Post
This Phone Post
5/8/13 2:46 AM
DinoSmash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo would drain him empty. I believe. Phone Post
5/8/13 6:48 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evzey - 
Periodik -
kronk - Isn't martinez a middleweight??? Why are we even talking martinez v Mayweather when there are so many fights at WW and jrMW for Mayweather , martinez should be ashamed if he is calling out Mayweather Phone Post 3.0

Martinez has fought 8 of his 55 fights at Middleweight. Before then they were all either Light Middle or Welterweight.

Mayweather currently has the WBA Light Middleweight title. Sergio relinquished his WBC Light Middleweight title to fight Kelly Pavlik.

The reason people get extremely excited for a Martinez/Mayweather fight is the pound for pound statis.
Mayweather is #1 p4p.
Martinez is anywhere from #2 to #4 p4p.

They both fight near the same weight, would this fight not make sense? Do we really need to see Mayweather fight a Guerrero, or Martinez fight a Murray?

Not saying their choosing bad fighters to get easy wins, but for $32 mil in Floyd's case, and 50,000 cheering fans in Sergio's case, you'd think they'd want to fight each other.
I see your point but I thought Murray beat Sergio in that fight Phone Post

Sergio was/has been fucked up physically. Torn ACL, hand surgery again I believe, he's 38 years old. So look for Floyd to try and fight him next year lol. 

5/8/13 9:12 AM
junkyarddogg24

Canelo is too slow. He sits on all his punches for max power.

Little Floyd would light him up Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 9:25 AM
Judge Mental

I don't think Floyd really "ducked" fighting anyone that much except Manny and Spafadora. He is a smart guy and he knows which guys have the potential to drag him into deep waters and make him brawl.

At this point he is just in it for the 200m over the next 2years and I have no doubt his fights will be very carefully selected. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 9:36 AM
ThatPissCouldaBeenDigital
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judge Mental - I don't think Floyd really "ducked" fighting anyone that much except Manny and Spafadora. He is a smart guy and he knows which guys have the potential to drag him into deep waters and make him brawl.

At this point he is just in it for the 200m over the next 2years and I have no doubt his fights will be very carefully selected. Phone Post 3.0

If he's really hanging them up after his current showtime deal, why not go for broke? His last two fights should be Manny and Canelo, in that order. Those are the only two out there who could get Floyd back to De la Hoya - type numbers.
5/8/13 10:16 AM
Periodik

ThatPissCouldaBeenDigital - 
Judge Mental - I don't think Floyd really "ducked" fighting anyone that much except Manny and Spafadora. He is a smart guy and he knows which guys have the potential to drag him into deep waters and make him brawl.

If he's really hanging them up after his current showtime deal, why not go for broke? His last two fights should be Manny and Canelo, in that order. Those are the only two out there who could get Floyd back to De la Hoya - type numbers.

Those will probably be his last two fights. You have to remember that he just pulled 32 million against the Ghost, who is a good fighter, but not anywhere near the pound for pound rankings.

Floyd knows he can take on Guerrero's, or Victor Ortiz's, or Andre Berto's and pull 25-35 mil each fight. Why take the chance of losing to Canelo or Manny and see that drop to like 5-15 mil afterwards.

I actually think he'd get more fans to buy his ppv's if he lost but I'm just trying to explain why floyd's camp takes the fights that they do.
5/8/13 10:22 AM
Judge Mental

Periodik - 
ThatPissCouldaBeenDigital - 

Those will probably be his last two fights. You have to remember that he just pulled 32 million against the Ghost, who is a good fighter, but not anywhere near the pound for pound rankings.

Floyd knows he can take on Guerrero's, or Victor Ortiz's, or Andre Berto's and pull 25-35 mil each fight. Why take the chance of losing to Canelo or Manny and see that drop to like 5-15 mil afterwards.

I actually think he'd get more fans to buy his ppv's if he lost but I'm just trying to explain why floyd's camp takes the fights that they do.

Floyd isn't gonna worry about Canelo. He will dominate that fight.

Manny will always have the chance of beating Floyd because of his constant pressure. The Manny of today vs the Manny from 5yrs ago are slightly different fighters. I personally think Floyd should take the fight.

5/8/13 10:27 AM
Judge Mental

Spafadora already showed how to hurt Floyd
5/8/13 10:38 AM
Dirty Harold
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liamthomas - If Amir Khan could take a punch then I believe that would be a good fight Phone Post 3.0

You are an idiot
5/8/13 10:44 AM
Allucard

Father time is the real answer. I've been following boxing since I was a kid and I can tell you this: Mayweather is the best fighter I've seen fight and that includes people I saw fight in the 80 like Leonard.

But like every other fighter who's ever lace them up, he won't know when to stop and will get beat by someone who allot fresher. But don't you ever confuse that with him being bested, he cannot be bested the same way me beating Mohamed Ali won't mean I've bested him. People in Ali's own generation of fighters had that chance the same way people in Mayweather's generation had it. The rest is a matter of t
5/8/13 10:55 AM
Bobby Lupo
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one currently on the scene. Floyd will retired undefeated.

He would make Alvarez look silly and Martinez look ancient. PAC was never a threat. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 11:22 AM
Judge Mental

This was the man IMO to beat Floyd. I think it would still be an interesting fight
5/8/13 11:27 AM
Devlin
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean Sherk. Phone Post
5/8/13 11:39 AM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TzTinkle - If we're talking all time there are a lot of guys that could beat Floyd at 147/140...

Armstrong
Robinson
Hearns
Pryor
Duran
Leonard

Armstrong or Robinson ?? Not really sure because the style of boxing was a little different back then, all things being equal Defense wins in those fights and Mayweather has the far better defense.

Hearns or Pryor ?? Maybe, Hearns with his reach and power could really cause some problems, he was quick and could box well, but he had weak legs and no doubt Floyd would be chopping at that body.
Pryor I say has a good chance too, he came at you from very strange angles and had a chin like granite. His defensive skills were real good and he was absolutely relentless with punches in bunches.

Duran or Leonard ?? I say no, Leonard was a good boxer but no where as refined as Mayweather and Duran has shown frustration with other good boxers of his time, Leonard being one of them. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 12:00 PM
microMx
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Captain America - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Pardon my lack of boxing knowledge, but who is the top guy? Phone Post 3.0

Genaddy Golovkin?
5/8/13 12:39 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd likes to fight guys smaller than him. Guys whose punches he can take. He beats up welterweights. There is no one in the super welterweight / Jr. Middleweight division right now close to him. Alvarez maybe. Thurman might not get a crack before Floyd calls it a career. I really don't see him brave enough to sign on against Martinez, Chavez Jr., or Golovkin. Garcia, Alvarado, and Rios are pretty much two weight classes down from him. It appears his Showtime deal with be filled with a lot of one-sided, boring fights.
5/8/13 12:41 PM
UGCTT Captain America
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

microMx -
UGCTT Captain America - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Pardon my lack of boxing knowledge, but who is the top guy? Phone Post 3.0

Genaddy Golovkin?
Was already answered for me, but thanks Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 12:44 PM
Pink Impala

I don't know shit about boxing but what about Yuriorkis Gamboa? Is that fight possible? I've seen a few of his fights on HBO and he looked like a beast. Phone Post
5/8/13 12:52 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/13 12:54 PM
Gamboa is at 135. I also think Floyd Jr. took Broner under his wing for a reason. He doesn't have to fight him. I don't think Floyd Jr. would even fight Peter Quillin.
5/8/13 12:58 PM
Bobby Lupo
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judge Mental - This was the man IMO to beat Floyd. I think it would still be an interesting fight

It's a shame. Paulie was brilliant in the ring...not so much outside of it.

5/8/13 12:59 PM
Ryduce
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zab Judah came the closest I think.

Pacquiao has more speed in his punches than Zab.

He could take a decision just on volume of punches, because you know Mayweather ain't going to throw that many.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.