UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who do you think can beat Mayweather?

5/8/13 12:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/08/13 12:59 PM
The guy that probably has the best shot is too small...Mikey Garcia. Floyd will probably retire undefeated
5/8/13 1:06 PM
sniper1026
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should ask Mayweather that....he is good at cherry picking his fights!
5/8/13 1:10 PM
MagnumBill

Frankie Edgar. Phone Post
5/8/13 1:11 PM
sniper1026

David M - 
mclay - Canelo...the money goes away if he loses. Just like Paq, you don't want to miss the money train!! Phone Post 3.0

A Manny ppv will still generate 1 million buys. His loses don't matter at this point in his stardom.

Apparently to Mayweather loses do matter.

That is why he will not fight someone he knows he has a good chance of losing to.

Look at the odds on his fights in the passed 8 years....odds makers have him winning.

I would like to see hin move up in weight & fight Sergio Martinez. That would be a dangerous fight.

Fight Marquez with his new found muscle mass would be interesting

Fight Paquiao & stop crying about the ppv revenue...
Split the ppv rev & the fight purse in a fair & equitable manner.....
5/8/13 1:21 PM
Judge Mental
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A prime johnny Tapia v Floyd would have been interesting. I don't think they were the same weight class though.

5/8/13 1:22 PM
Bobby Lupo
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryduce - Zab Judah came the closest I think.

Pacquiao has more speed in his punches than Zab.

He could take a decision just on volume of punches, because you know Mayweather ain't going to throw that many.

Floyd adjusted to Zab's speed in the first third of the fight. But it would have to be a slick speedster with tight defense who won't just get countered to death until he's afraid to pull the trigger. I don't think that guy is fighting now. Eventhough Floyd ducked Cotto when Cotto was most dangerous, I never thought that it would have been much of a contest.

5/8/13 1:23 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Keith Thurman, but he is an HBO fighter. Thurman has the goods. I doubt him and Floyd ever fight. I could see it going similar to Sugar Ray Lenonard vs. Terry Norris. Leonard met a killer at the time in the twilight of his career.
5/8/13 1:27 PM
MMA Playwrite
934 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember reading about Spadafora kicking the shit out of Mayweather sparring.

And here is the rest of the story:

Spadafora talks about sparring with Mayweather

And this
5/8/13 1:29 PM
OG 12er
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Merchant Phone Post
5/8/13 1:45 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hadn't heard his name in a long time. I didn't know Spadafora was still actively boxing and still undefeated. His life outside the ring really hurt his career.
5/8/13 2:29 PM
CompanyBlue

Bobby Lupo - 

He could take a decision just on volume of punches, because you know Mayweather ain't going to throw that many.

Floyd adjusted to Zab's speed in the first third of the fight. But it would have to be a slick speedster with tight defense who won't just get countered to death until he's afraid to pull the trigger. I don't think that guy is fighting now. Eventhough Floyd ducked Cotto when Cotto was most dangerous, I never thought that it would have been much of a contest.

I'd have to look at the fight again but I'm pretty sure Zab took either 4 of the first 5 or 5 out of the first 6 rounds. I think it was round 6 and 7 where Floyd started to win rounds.

BTW, Zab just fought less than 2 weeks ago btw, a very entertaining fight against Danny Garcia. It looked like typical Zab where you see him mentally check out and go into girly mode but surprising he turned the tide and finished the fight stronger even thought he had already been on the canvas and on skates a few times in the first half of the fight.
5/8/13 3:03 PM
Bobby Lupo
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue - 
Bobby Lupo - 

I'd have to look at the fight again but I'm pretty sure Zab took either 4 of the first 5 or 5 out of the first 6 rounds. I think it was round 6 and 7 where Floyd started to win rounds.

BTW, Zab just fought less than 2 weeks ago btw, a very entertaining fight against Danny Garcia. It looked like typical Zab where you see him mentally check out and go into girly mode but surprising he turned the tide and finished the fight stronger even thought he had already been on the canvas and on skates a few times in the first half of the fight.

IMO as a someone wanted Zab to win that fight; I think he took the first 4 rounds from Floyd and was the faster man, then Floyd turned things around. 

5/8/13 6:31 PM
Phisher

Hattonscokedealer - Floyd likes to fight guys smaller than him. Guys whose punches he can take. He beats up welterweights. There is no one in the super welterweight / Jr. Middleweight division right now close to him. Alvarez maybe. Thurman might not get a crack before Floyd calls it a career. I really don't see him brave enough to sign on against Martinez, Chavez Jr., or Golovkin. Garcia, Alvarado, and Rios are pretty much two weight classes down from him. It appears his Showtime deal with be filled with a lot of one-sided, boring fights.

"Floyd likes to fight guys smaller than him. " Full retard.
5/8/13 7:23 PM
BigFootsSkinnyArm

Motivated BJ Penn.
5/8/13 7:26 PM
jimbonice

Father time will beat Mayweather. Phone Post
5/8/13 7:39 PM
Judge Mental
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice - Father time will beat Mayweather. Phone Post
Father Time beats us all. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 10:18 PM
Hattonscokedealer

Edited: 05/08/13 10:29 PM
At this point, Mayweather Jr. isn't going to fight the likes of Martinez, Golovkin, Chavez jr, and Quillin. He easily handles the guys he is fighting at welterweight. Tim Bradley wouldn't fair any better than Guerrero did. The two guys ranked above Guerrero are Pacquiao and Marquez. I don't see Floyd fighting either one them. The likes of Garcia, Alvarado, and Rios aren't even ranked in the welterweight division. They are sitting down there at 140. I wouldn't dare question a boxing expert like yourself.

Floyd Jr. is already blowing off the idea of Alvarez in September. His next fight will probably be against Devon Alexander if he defends his title on the 18th. It will be another fight like the Guerrero.
5/8/13 10:32 PM
Phisher

Hattonscokedealer - At this point, Mayweather Jr. isn't going to fight the likes of Martinez, Golovkin, Chavez jr, and Quillin. He easily handles the guys he is fighting at welterweight. Tim Bradley wouldn't fair any better than Guerrero did. The two guys ranked above Guerrero are Pacquiao and Marquez. I don't see Floyd fighting either one them. The likes of Garcia, Alvarado, and Rios aren't even ranked in the welterweight division. They are sitting down there at 140. I wouldn't dare question a boxing expert like yourself.

Floyd Jr. is already blowing off the idea of Alvarez in September. His next fight will probably be against Devon Alexander if he defends his title on the 18th. It will be another fight like the Guerrero.

"At this point, Mayweather Jr. isn't going to fight the likes of Martinez, Golovkin, Chavez jr, and Quillin."

Chavez Jr.? You mean the natural Cruiserweight who uses diuretics to fight at 160? Does anybody actually expect Mayweather to fight a guy who'd out weigh him by at least 30 pounds on fight night. I ask again. When did people start expecting Mayweather to fight Middleweights? Dude is maxed out at Welterweight. He didn't get over 150 for either of his Jr. Middleweight fights.

5/8/13 10:43 PM
Hattonscokedealer

I assume your a Floyd Jr. fan. I would get real pumped for the Alexander fight in September. Floyd is concerned about two things. The checks he is collecting from Showtime and retiring undefeated. He already said Alvarez wasn't worthy yet and he thought the scores in Alvarez's fight against Trout should have been closer. I think you need to realize the kind of fights Floyd is looking for.
5/8/13 10:43 PM
The Mouth

liamthomas - If Amir Khan could take a punch then I believe that would be a good fight Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO
5/8/13 10:45 PM
Phisher

Hattonscokedealer - I assume your a Floyd Jr. fan. I would get real pumped for the Alexander fight in September. Floyd is concerned about two things. The checks he is collecting from Showtime and retiring undefeated. He already said Alvarez wasn't worthy yet and he thought the scores in Alvarez's fight against Trout should have been closer. I think you need to realize the kind of fights Floyd is looking for.

Who's talking about Alvarez? That's a fight that I think Mayweather should take.

I referred specifically to all of the guys at 160 that you and other people keep mentioning when the topic of potential opponents for Mayweather arises.

5/8/13 10:48 PM
Hattonscokedealer

Edited: 05/08/13 11:03 PM
He is letting his girlfriend Broner fight Malignaggi, so I guess that takes the Magic Man off Floyd's hand-picked list. Paul did look Broner in the eyes and told him he thought he had bitch in him. Floyd was pretty smart to bring Broner into the Money Team so he never has to fight the kid.

Floyd Jr. isn't going anywhere near Alvarez anytime soon. He will justify the likes of Alexander cause it unifies belts. I use to like Mayweather a lot myself, but his show and arrogance has gotten old.
5/9/13 1:02 AM
dazed1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OG 12er - Larry Merchant Phone Post
If he was 50 years younger Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.