UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey makes 50 Women Changing the World list

5/5/13 3:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Business Insider magazine recently published a list of 50 women worldwide who are changing the world. UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey made the list at #42, ahead of Margaret Thatcher (RIP) and Sara Blakely, the world's youngest self-made billionaire in the world. Notables appearing ahead of Rousey include Hillary Clinton, and at #14 the anonymous first female head of the CIA’s Clandestine Service.

#42 Ronda Rousey

Thanks to martial arts fighter Ronda Rousey, women now fight in the UFC.

The trash-talking Olympian qualified for the Athens games when she was only 17, and was the youngest judo competitor enlisted. In 2006, she became the first U.S. female athlete in nearly 10 years to win an A-Level tournament when she took home the gold medal at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain.

She also graced the cover of ESPN's body issue last year.

Read entire article...

5/5/13 4:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
likatiga
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A gold "metal"? That's written by a legit magazine? Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 4:29 PM
BoonBackwards
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome cant wait to see her fight Cat, Honda puts on a good show. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 5:38 PM
Sukulaku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a joke right? A bronze medalist in judo and a champion in one division with two title defences. Known for a pretty face and "edgy" comments. A successful woman sure but any way influental or world changing? Come on...

Of course it's a Top X list of a minor website so it's bound to be wrong in every possible way :P
5/5/13 5:44 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Changing the world?

Holy. Shit.

Women in the Congo get raped by troops on the hour and have their clits lopped off like a rite of passage and this chick is somehow "changing the world".

No.

She isn't.

Honestly given the amount invested in her and coverage afforded her, she has failed to be as big as she should be.

Brock Lesnar got less of a push and did 1 million buys.

Ronda has boot marks on her ass with the push she is getting and should be bigger than Hulk Hogan in 1984 or Limp Bizkit in 1999 but she really isn't exceeding her coverage.

This whole deal with her in print reminds me of PT Barnum who said "it's cheaper to get them to write articles about you than to take an ad out".

It's true.

These "articles" are bought and paid for in some way, shape or form just like music reviews and movie reviews are bought and sold.

Nothing against Ronda but if doing what she has done is "changing the world", I'd guess Sally Struthers fed Africa and not Norman Borlaug. Phone Post
5/5/13 6:14 PM
Matt_Evans

The UFC didn't offer women's mma prior to the interest in Ronda Rousey. Make no mistake about it, she has already changed the world. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 6:17 PM
mofomike
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O_o

5/5/13 6:50 PM
likatiga
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Penetration Skills -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Changing the world?

Holy. Shit.

Women in the Congo get raped by troops on the hour and have their clits lopped off like a rite of passage and this chick is somehow "changing the world".

No.

She isn't.

Honestly given the amount invested in her and coverage afforded her, she has failed to be as big as she should be.

Ronda has boot marks on her ass with the push she is getting and should be bigger than Hulk Hogan in 1984 or Limp Bizkit in 1999 but she really isn't exceeding her coverage.

This whole deal with her in print reminds me of PT Barnum who said "it's cheaper to get them to write articles about you than to take an ad out".

It's true.

These "articles" are bought and paid for in some way, shape or form just like music reviews and movie reviews are bought and sold.

Nothing against Ronda but if doing what she has done is "changing the world", I'd guess Sally Struthers fed Africa and not Norman Borlaug. Phone Post

ok, so what woman is changing the world in the congo by saving clits?

sorry you are butthurt over Ronda's success.
There are dozens of women actively working to "change the world" in the Congo and places like it.

Do some research you ignorant cunt. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 7:19 PM
Tolstolobic

Hype Phone Post
5/5/13 7:20 PM
likatiga

ssj -
likatiga - 
Penetration Skills -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Changing the world?

Holy. Shit.

No.

She isn't.

It's true.

ok, so what woman is changing the world in the congo by saving clits?

sorry you are butthurt over Ronda's success.
There are dozens of women actively working to "change the world" in the Congo and places like it.

Do some research you ignorant cunt. Phone Post 3.0

this FRAT nerd sounds like someone finishing high school but failing lol
I don't understand what you said Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 8:24 PM
likatiga

"Did Congo Clits become a valuable commodity at some point"

You irrelevant clowns make me sick. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 8:51 AM
MachidasBrew

likatiga - "Did Congo Clits become a valuable commodity at some point"

You irrelevant clowns make me sick. Phone Post 3.0
Yup..
Honestly fuck Ronda Rousey, she's not special, so she beats up women in some fringe sport that the rest of society looks down upon. Fuck half the time I'm embarrassed to tell people I watch mma. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 8:56 AM
ABE FROMAN

5/6/13 1:19 PM
Sprawl 68

Well she's def not rosa parks but she deserves some credit for pushing women's mma to a new level. She is pretty special IMO. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 5:53 PM
Il Duce
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She has an excellent publicist and manager. This kinda stuff doesn't just come out of the blue. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.