UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Peralta cites death of grandma for bad decision

5/5/13 8:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier last week it was revealed that Robbie Peralta had tested positive for marijuana metabolites after a loss to Akira Corassani via unanimous decision at UFC on Fuel 9. Pertalta was subsequently suspended for six months by the UFC and will underog a rehabilitation as required by the UFC.

Peralta today released a statement, apologizing to his fans:

“I just want to apologize to all my friends, family, fans and to the UFC for what I did,” Peralta told Sherdog.com on Thursday. “I’m going to have to suffer the consequences, but the main thing is that I apologize to all the people I let down -- my coaches, my team.”

“I’ve been going through some emotional things these past six months,” said Peralta. “When my grandma passed away in March, that’s when I made the dumb choice of smoking. We had the funeral and had a few drinks and started making bad choices. I regretted it the next day, but I’m not here to make excuses for myself. I did what I did.”

“It’s good in a way so that I never make that mistake again. It’s not worth it. It’s not worth [jeopardizing] my career,” said Peralta. “I have a lot of things going for me right now, and I just have to realize that. All of this is new for me, being in the public eye, this whole thing. I’m trying to get adjusted to it little by little and just keep moving on. I just have to make sure this doesn’t happen again and that I’m stronger mentally.”

read entire article...

5/5/13 8:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully this close call will convince him to never drink and drive again

Wait, what? All he did was smoke some doobie snacks? Then why is he apologizing like he killed somebody?

5/5/13 9:01 PM
JackFunk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LibraryCard -  Dude smoked marijuana, who gives a fuck. Phone Post

This..

5/5/13 9:07 PM
jason73
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/6/13 1:56 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - lol @ all the pot heads saying 'who cares if he smoked a drug that is illegal'

if the ufc stopped giving people shit for smoking pot all these fighters would be smoking pot and pot is illegal.

it shouldn't be illegal, socially, or in the sport. he should be free to smoke if he wants, it doesn't help his game any. no one would think twice if a fighter admitted they drank some beer cause of their dead grandma.
5/6/13 2:03 PM
Megatherium
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know, what a ridiculous culture they've created in mma. Testosterone is fine but weed is a banned substance.

And rehab for weed? WTF?
5/6/13 3:01 PM
Megatherium
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possession in still illegal in many states, but having marijuana metabolites in your system is definitely not.
5/6/13 3:08 PM
Billittome
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone think that BLAF may have abused drugs in the past?
I was watching reruns of the Penn/Pulver TUF and someone sounded like their nose was all clogged up. I'm just sayin'.
5/6/13 3:16 PM
HexRei

big_roy_fan - 
HexRei - 
big_roy_fan - lol @ all the pot heads saying 'who cares if he smoked a drug that is illegal'

if the ufc stopped giving people shit for smoking pot all these fighters would be smoking pot and pot is illegal.

it shouldn't be illegal, socially, or in the sport. he should be free to smoke if he wants, it doesn't help his game any. no one would think twice if a fighter admitted they drank some beer cause of their dead grandma.

it is still illegal and what is the UFC gonna go against the fuckin feds?

beer is legal

i'm not arguing about how fucking harmful pot is, since i know all the biased glazed-over eyed potheads will claim its '100% healthy natural stuff dawg'

i'm arguing that it is illegal and they are going to test and give fighters shit for testing positive for it because it is illegal, i don't care how harmless or harmful it is.

i personally think that IF fighters were no longer penalized some of them would show up for their bouts high, and we don't need another fucking dave herman (vs big nog) incident

The feds have nothing to do with the UFC's mandatory rehab. That's about their bottomline and nothing else- if good fighters get suspended by AC's it makes it harder for them as an organization, that's it. If the AC's develop more sensible tests it won't be a problem at all, because despite your fearmongering, no, we won't be seeing UFC-level fighters stumbling around stoned in the cage. Just won't happen.
5/7/13 8:17 PM
WilliamCole

big_roy_fan - 
HexRei - 

it is still illegal and what is the UFC gonna go against the fuckin feds?

beer is legal

i'm not arguing about how fucking harmful pot is, since i know all the biased glazed-over eyed potheads will claim its '100% healthy natural stuff dawg'

i'm arguing that it is illegal and they are going to test and give fighters shit for testing positive for it because it is illegal, i don't care how harmless or harmful it is.

i personally think that IF fighters were no longer penalized some of them would show up for their bouts high, and we don't need another fucking dave herman (vs big nog) incident

Well, we know alcohol is is harmful to the body yet it is legal. So why shouldn't pot be treated the same way regardless of how it effects your health? Shouldn't it be a personal choice like if one chooses to drink or not? Why should someone lose their ability to make money or be put in jail because of something they do on their own time that doesn't hurt anyone and in the case of a fighter/athlete doesn't give them a competitive edge in their fight/event.

Why do you think they would show up to fight high? are there a lot of fighters fighting drunk?

also, Where is it confirmed that Herman was stoned during his fight with Big Nog?

IDK maybe I'm a 'biased glazed-over pothead'
5/7/13 8:30 PM
jacktripper

Tough seeing a San diegan lose to a European fruitcake Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 8:46 PM
bekk46

Big Roy fan is a stupid ass troll, and a shitty one at that. Why any of you guys entertain his bs is beyond me Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 8:55 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bekk46 - Big Roy fan is a stupid ass troll, and a shitty one at that. Why any of you guys entertain his bs is beyond me Phone Post 3.0

This. Dude doesn't know shit about marijuana but acts like he does.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.