UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> PRIME Frank Shamrock vs PRIME Kazushi Sakuraba

5/8/13 4:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -  Again Sak would not have been able to do anything with his takedowns. He was a counter grappler not an initiator. He caught Renzo and Royler in the transition game and Frank was just as good in transition. He also wasn't going to get any points in Japan simply for taking Frank down. He didn't have much ground and pound besides some flashy stuff. Certainly nothing damaging.

Frank was technically superior on the feet. I don't think Sak would've been submitted at all but in terms of ability to do damage Frank had a slight edge. Phone Post

Sak was def a counter or catch you in transition/scramble type grappler more so than an orthodox position to position type and Frank was also good in transition, that just means there would be more chance for either to do whateve on the ground or in Frank's case, get back up.

Not sure if you can say Frank was as good in transition as a Renzo though. Frank was a good scrambler and good purely at subs but didnt have the wrestling of Sak or BJJ of Renzo, i think that makes a diff in the overall grappling when you compare the 2 though Frank always did get into bad position but i think always got out.
5/8/13 7:14 PM
jacktripper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does frank get a bonus if sak chokes him unconscious like they offered rampage? Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 7:22 PM
drey1

jacktripper - Does frank get a bonus if sak chokes him unconscious like they offered rampage? Phone Post 3.0

No. but you get some milk and cookies for supporting Skip Hall.

Quote :
Posted: 12/6/06 11:26 PM
Edited: 06-Dec-06

im a complete skip fan due to him being the only vietnam vet i know of thats an mma fighter.... ive got incredible respect for skip
5/8/13 7:48 PM
Lazer MMA

SamboMMA - 
Pro Ice - 

Iirc this fight was supposed / rumoured to happen at Pride 10, not sure why it fell through

Also interesting that they have the same linage

Frank just loved to hear himself talk at that point. He was always saying he would submit Saku with ease or would KO Wand with ease. Then when the fights were offered to him he wouldn't sign.

Source?
5/8/13 7:53 PM
jacktripper

drey1 -
jacktripper - Does frank get a bonus if sak chokes him unconscious like they offered rampage? Phone Post 3.0

No. but you get some milk and cookies for supporting Skip Hall.

Quote :
Posted: 12/6/06 11:26 PM
Edited: 06-Dec-06

im a complete skip fan due to him being the only vietnam vet i know of thats an mma fighter.... ive got incredible respect for skip
Lol... Stalk much? Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 8:09 PM
Lazer MMA

Wow great thread. I read every post, well done UG.

It's one of those fights, if Frank could spend enough time on his feet I think it's his fight to lose. Franks wrestling is very underrated in this thread. He did made tactical mistakes in a few fights as pointed out in the thread because he thought he was okay off his back (too comfortable). NOBODY is getting subbed .

The most likely outcome is Sak via UD but it's a fight well worth seeing.
5/8/13 8:10 PM
Lazer MMA

HandsomeTopTeam - Who takes this fight of MMA legends? How do their styles matchup?

VTFU
5/8/13 8:18 PM
Jons Forsberg

"Lol... Stalk much?"

it's hilarious because you were trying to sound like a smart ass. Skip1fan, lulz

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.